Poli-chickens, or something worse?

Not sure where to post this, but since this thread deals with the DA’s office and decisions, I’m posting it here.

While considering the conclusion of many that the 2 identical Indictments of PR and JR mean that BR was the perp, I reread the indictments and something struck me. What hit me is that all three of the R’s are covered in these indictments: PR and JR if they allowed JB to be exposed to an unsafe and ongoing situation (i.e., BR and molestation) - child abuse. But also, PR or JR as covering up for the perp, in a first degree homicide. Who the perp was, the GJ did either not know, or may not have named because of CO laws covering juveniles under 10. Couldn’t the cover-up of a homicide mean the GJ believed the perp could have been any of the three of them?

IMO, but perhaps some others share this reaction: I get the cross-fingerpointing method of defense, but shouldn’t the parents (both of them) have been found, at a bare minimum, negligent in their daughter’s death, especially considering that incest was at the core of this crime? They both lived there. One can’t prove who incested her, but the parents were her guardians and caretakers. Possibly the jury could have found a cover-up compelling as well. We’ll never know. Was it cowardice on the part of AH, threats from the defense team, kindness to the R’s because of PR’s past cancer fight, simply the way AH did business, or a combination of the four? Again, I guess, we’ll never know.

Even though he lost the case, Jeff Ashton had the courage to take the Casey Anthony case on. When Casey Anthony was tried for murder of her daughter, the DA specifically told the jury that they could consider other charges if they didn’t feel he had proven Anthony guilty of the murder of her daughter. One of those charges, iirc, was negligence in Caylee’s death. Yet, the jury found Anthony not guilty of all charges. There’s some kind of reasoning which may be present, and IDK or understand. But apparently the case was revisited recently by Jane Velez-Mitchell in an HLN review and it seems to me there are some tidbits applicable to the R case. The basis of some of Velez-Mitchell’s reviews of past cases is this: “The theme is secrets can be murder," Velez-Mitchell said. "It's about toxic secrets and double lives." One thing many of the posters here prob’ly agree: The Rs’ led double lives, and held some toxic secrets resulting in JB’s death. All moo.

<respectfully snipped>

Couldn’t the cover-up of a homicide mean the GJ believed the perp could have been any of the three of them?

You aren't imagining quest. That's exactly how I interpreted it. It was very cleverly worded.

IMO, but perhaps some others share this reaction: I get the cross-fingerpointing method of defense, but shouldn’t the parents (both of them) have been found, at a bare minimum, negligent in their daughter’s death, especially considering that incest was at the core of this crime?
BBM. I agree with you on that too. But why go to such extremes by conducting an extended investigation, calling for a Grand Jury, spending money and time on a case that could not be prosecuted. Imo, one of the adult Ramseys did it because imo had Burke been the perpetrator things should have been kept quiet and allowed to die a slow death. Why keep things before the public eye for 17 years if BDI?

Regardless, the two adult Ramseys legally and morally were responsible for JonBenet and they neglected that duty on several levels based on information available to the public.

You aren't imagining quest. That's exactly how I interpreted it. It was very cleverly worded.

BBM. I agree with you on that too. But why go to such extremes by conducting an extended investigation, calling for a Grand Jury, spending money and time on a case that could not be prosecuted. Imo, one of the adult Ramseys did it because imo had Burke been the perpetrator things should have been kept quiet and allowed to die a slow death. Why keep things before the public eye for 17 years if BDI?

Regardless, the two adult Ramseys legally and morally were responsible for JonBenet and they neglected that duty on several levels based on information available to the public.

BBM
If things had been kept quiet, do you think the case would have died a slow death? Perhaps it would look like the R's were being protected?

BBM
If things had been kept quiet, do you think the case would have died a slow death? Perhaps it would look like the R's were being protected?

BBM. With courteous respect, it already looks to me like they've been protected from day one. :facepalm:

There are ways to finesse publicity concerning offenses by a minor and keep things low key. Had that been done I think most folks would have forgotten it if the Ramseys hadn't kept enjoying their tv appearances and interviews and book-writing campaigns. Of course, I'm not psychic so I don't know what would have happened but the Ramseys seemed to want to keep everything in the public eye, imo.

If JonBenet was not killed by a minor then the law should have been applied where the blame lay and let the chips fall where they may. Why should anyone not a minor get off without legal sanction when a six-year-old child has been killed in her own home.

As always, that's jmo.

As far as the R&#8217;s continuing their appearances and last book and more TV appearances, well if PR were around, and honest about this she&#8217;d call it &#8220;LMS,&#8221; the Lady MacBeth Syndrome. (My judgment call here and credit to SD for this analogy.) Lady MacBeth -Just &#8216;gotta&#8217; keep washing my hands to rinse off the guilt. The R's - Just gotta keep talking about how we&#8217;re victims.

I guess if talking away the guilt works for 'em . . . moo

BBM. With courteous respect, it already looks to me like they've been protected from day one. :facepalm:

There are ways to finesse publicity concerning offenses by a minor and keep things low key. Had that been done I think most folks would have forgotten it if the Ramseys hadn't kept enjoying their tv appearances and interviews and book-writing campaigns. Of course, I'm not psychic so I don't know what would have happened but the Ramseys seemed to want to keep everything in the public eye, imo.

If JonBenet was not killed by a minor then the law should have been applied where the blame lay and let the chips fall where they may. Why should anyone not a minor get off without legal sanction when a six-year-old child has been killed in her own home.

As always, that's jmo.

I am not sure if the case would have been forgotten if the Ramseys had stopped talking to the media. The media still reports on the case when there is something new, not just when the R's do an interview. Also, for example, most people still remember Susan Smith, and since she's in jail, I am going to assume she hasn't done an interview in a very long time.

Speaking of people who have talked about the case, someone uploaded the documentary "JonBenet's America" and there are many people connected to the case who talk in it: Bryan Morgan, Mike Bynum, Dr. Beuf and his wife, Peggy Ramsey (Jeff's wife), Lucinda, John Andrew, Melinda, Susan Stine, Jeff Ramsey, Leslie Durgin.

(The R's speak in it, so I'm guessing they had a big part in getting all these people together)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbFXdUXhu0"]JonBenet&#39;s America (1998) - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back