Police find suspect Steven Stephens in Facebook Live homicide dead in Erie PA

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Dénouement, Apr 16, 2017.

1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

2. wgram

wgram Well-Known Member

He will likely turn the gun on himself if he hasn't already. All the cases like this I have seen they do. With what he posted on his FB he said he had done gone too far... and he to his fraternity that he had done "F"ed up. I seen the video and he made sure to show his nametag. He supposedly worked with special needs kids. I doubt that he will let police take him in. IMHO

3. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Well-Known Member

There don't seem to be any past or current criminal cases under that name on the Cuyahoga County docket. That doesn't preclude charges having been filed in city courts or other counties, but if the guy had any type of serious record I have a hard time believing he could work at Beech Brook.

ETA: A few years ago they stopped showing TPOs on the Cuyahoga County docket. So a current or prior TPO would be the type of thing that would not show here, (but again, I don't think he'd get a job working with kids with such a history. MOO.)

4. margarita25

5. donnam

donnam New Member

Very disturbing

6. margarita25

"Williams said the city was not on lockdown and urged people to watch out for each other. He said Cleveland police had paired up in squad cars as they hunted for Stephens. Other law enforcement officers were also riding with Cleveland officers, the police said.

"He needs to turn himself in so that he can get the help that he needs and he can't keep victimizing this community based on his issues," Williams said."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/16/us/cleveland-homicide-facebook-video/

7. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

I'll send you a hug, friend. This is a scary time. But we are overwhelmingly GOOD as humans!!!

8. JLSChook

JLSChook Well-Known Member

Probably already said but MSM says no record found...except traffic violations. (last I read, anyway)

9. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Retired WS Staff

10. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Claims he killed 13.

11. margarita25

What kind of gun(s) is he armed with, anyone know? (I didn't watch the video, nor plan to.) Tia.

12. margarita25

13. JLSChook

JLSChook Well-Known Member

My local news said that the ex girlfriend and Stephen's mom and family are under police protection.

14. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

I watched the videos on the Heavy article, except the one with sweet Mr. Goodwin. I can't watch his last sweet seconds walking down the street with his happy and full Easter belly. May you sleep in peace, sir. You were successful in life and made it all the way to the title of "elderly". You deserved so much more from your last moments. And that coward would never have chosen a young, spry, strong man who could have harmed him back. He chose someone who has lived this life well into his years. And also to JL- this is in no way your fault! You will have the weight of the world on your shoulders and in your heart, but he is the ONLY one responsible for this horror. I hope you eventually find peace and I know that will be hard.

Anyway, the videos (the "other" videos)---- he goes from blaming everything on his ex and his mom. Says he's never done anything shady like that before. THEN, he goes on to talk about other murders he has committed. So which one is it you narcissistic, sadistic, sociopathic bleep!? Is it her fault today or have you done this many times? The answer is that you are a soulless monster who feels the need to have a whole lot of attention and will stop at nothing to get it. He was EATING up the facebook live comments. he was looking at them the whole time he was driving. I do think they could have tracked him easier, but I am also betting that a psychologist told them his chances of murdering again are greatly increased, as long as he has an audience. It needed to be shut down, for people's safety. I will not be surprised if he is trying to post other places, though.

May today be your last. Your type of evil is not needed in this world. Death row, my butt. I hope you don't make it that long.

15. Rallibella

Rallibella Well-Known Member

I find that rich coming from Facebook. In the last few months, they've had several incidents of airing rapes and other crimes, and letting the videos stay up for hours.

16. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thank you.. I changed it to Stephens.

17. ahotch2

ahotch2 Member

James Holmes, Dylan Roof, Eric Frein, Jason Dalton... seen plenty that surrender peacefully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

In one of his videos he talks about going to death row and killing more people to ensure it. I think he may just get caught.

19. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

A previous poster speculated it may have been in the past ( IF if it's even true) that he killed others. I wonder if he was in the military maybe?
    Also , I was thinking today when families are gathered at homes, it may be possible to kill a large group like that and it not be ' reported' all that soon. My entire family was together today so if something had happened, no family members would have noticed any of us were missing because we were all together. It's horrible to think about but so is this whole story. :(

20. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

He looks to me like he's sitting in the passenger seat?