Police: Idaho boy died after playing choking game

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=484 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=contenthead></TD><TD>
shim.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text width=349><!--- byline ---><!--- end byline ---><!--- body article --->BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who died after hanging himself from a tree is apparently the second Idaho youth killed while playing a choking game. The Fremont County sheriff's office said Dalton Eby apparently was playing a game known as the "pass-out game," trying to cut off the oxygen supply to his brain to achieve a type of "high."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0713/choking_ap.html

I am surprised at how many parents don't know if this. I am in my mid 30's and we did this a lot as teenagers, until one of our friends had a seizure and it scared the crap out of us. We just did it for fun, I don't remember getting a high from it. I had forgotten about it and am glad to have come across this article and will know discuss this with my son.

christine2448 said:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=484 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=contenthead></TD><TD>
shim.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text width=349><!--- byline ---><!--- end byline ---><!--- body article --->BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who died after hanging himself from a tree is apparently the second Idaho youth killed while playing a choking game. The Fremont County sheriff's office said Dalton Eby apparently was playing a game known as the "pass-out game," trying to cut off the oxygen supply to his brain to achieve a type of "high."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0713/choking_ap.html

I am surprised at how many parents don't know if this. I am in my mid 30's and we did this a lot as teenagers, until one of our friends had a seizure and it scared the crap out of us. We just did it for fun, I don't remember getting a high from it. I had forgotten about it and am glad to have come across this article and will know discuss this with my son.

Gawd! I never heard of this. something new to warn the kiddies about!

lostfaith said:
Gawd! I never heard of this. something new to warn the kiddies about!

My son and his girlfriend (early 20s) stopped by yesterday. They told me this is very common. It's a game kids play in school, holding someone against the wall and pressing on their neck until they pass out. Kids volunteer to have it done to them. I was shocked. Stupid stupid kids.

I'm 32, and we did this in jr high thru freshman year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back