Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by gliving, Oct 1, 2010.

1. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Mods, there are couple threads this would fit in and I wasn't sure which one to put it in. Please feel free to merge with whichever thread is appropriate.

Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-of-man-exposing-himself-near-Portland-school-103951459.html

"PORTLAND – Police have released a sketch of a man who was spotted exposing himself near a Southeast Portland school last week.

Authorities are hoping the sketch will help them identify and track down a suspect. Meantime, police and school officials have been warning people to beware of the lurking sex offender."

Very bold behavior!

2. Loading...

3. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

4. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Staff member at the school saw him in addition to the children.

5. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

At one point, the man got out of the car and walked after a student, police said.

6. AutomaticAuttie

AutomaticAuttie Live Better

They said on the local radio that this man has been targeting teen girls. That's not to say he wouldn't try or has offended little boys as well.

7. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

That's a very detailed description and he should be identifiable but did he have a goatee or not? The article says he did but the sketch doesn't have it.

8. gliving

9. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

http://www.kgw.com/news/Letter-sent-to-Hosford-students--parents-104009799.html

10. debs

debs Former Member

Ugh. Seriously, ugh.

11. gliving

That is very bothersome. He's not afraid, in fact he's quite bold if a teacher saw him.

12. eyes4crime

eyes4crime Go Chicago Bears!

**snip**
    Police say when the four girls walked past his car, he started the vehicle and followed them about a block and then pulled over next to them, still masturbating.
    **snip**
    The same man accosted another girl a few minutes later, telling her he liked her shirt. The man was spotted by a school staffer several minutes later, on the opposite side of the school, driving very slowly past the school near Southeast 28th Place and Grant Street.

**snip**
    Update: Police are now saying that the same suspect was nearHosford Middle School yesterday as well and tried to talk to a middleschool age girl who reported it to the
    school this morning

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/portland_police_alert_public_t.html

A huge :highfive: to all the girls and to the staffer for such detailed information about the car and the predator! Their reporting probably saved a life, maybe theirs! moo

This predator is desperate - they need to catch him ASAP. moo

13. debs

debs Former Member

Dear Mr Icky Pervy: Please put little pervy back inside. Portland has strict rules on any substandard plumbing.

14. Myingan

Myingan New Member

15. Myingan

Myingan New Member

16. AutomaticAuttie

AutomaticAuttie Live Better

I would say about a half an hour away from each other.

17. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

I always worry when vague "homeless guys" start getting the blame for things. The trouble with that explanation is that homeless guys don't have any money, so why hand Kyron over to them? :waitasec: Just my opinion.

Hopefully they got enough info on this predator so they can catch him. I hope someone got a partial license plate number at least.

18. cypress

cypress New Member

Even if Terri handed Kyron off to homeless guys, there's no assurance that they would harm him and keep him, unless we assume all homeless people are evil and child molesters.

Early on, it was widely stated that we should apply Occam's Razor, and at the time many people used this to bolster their belief that Terri was guilty. Is Terri abducting Kyron still the simplest, easiest explanation? When the "Terri did it" theory involves multiple accomplices that 22 LE agencies, including the FBI, can't find, I have to wonder.

19. ThoughtFox

Which I don't assume - see my last post. ;)

In the Peterson case, the defense tried for months to place the blame on unknown homeless people and it never made any sense and they had no evidence. The homeless are an easy target because no one wants them around and people feel threatened, but this predator guy had a car and probably isn't homeless, so I really don't see the connection. :twocents:

I don't really use Occam's Razor too much. Often things are much more confusing and mysterious than we think, and in Kyron's case there might have been other accomplices - in fact, Terri probably tried to pull several people into her plotting and therefore, TH alone is not the end of the story for me.

However, unless someone can place this particular guy and his vehicle at Skyline Elementary on the day Kyron disappeared, I don't really see a connection.

20. Myingan

Myingan New Member

Don't get me wrong, I may be homeless myself some day! I remember hearing someone called in a a Kyron sighting with a homeless man, but I have not heard anymore about it, Also maybe he (NK) did it by himself. Just can't see who else could get him out without alarms going off, Therefore I say Terri. We may all be surprised like LE has stated though!

21. ThoughtFox

I guess I'm lost because if this sexual stalker of children is scary enough, why also try to blame a homeless guy too?

I don't recall any sightings of Kyron with homeless people. But there's alot I don't remember, probably. ;)