Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pink Panther

Really? Most people who have cash in the bank, don't pay cash for anything...

Plenty of people invest in real estate, and "cash" transactions do not mean actual bills changing hands, but more often certified cheques or bank drafts for the amount of purchase. What makes it a "cash" transaction is that the price is paid in full in an immediately redeemable form, not by credit or mortgage or through any kind of financing.

I bought my own property for "cash" (actually a bank draft, something like a certified cheque) and I'm not wealthy, but it was advantageous to avoid a mortgage or borrowing money. People sometimes buy farm properties, like the one in Ayr, for tax purposes; also, they may buy rental or residential units as a revenue-generating source which provides tax benefits and (with luck) a much better return on investment than stocks or many other investment possibilities.

Millard could have been purchasing properties in cash for sound financial reasons, although it does not appear from what we know about him that he had a head for business and his motives might well have been quite different. However, people in modest circumstances as well as investors can and do pay "cash" (meaning as explained above) for real estate properties, and the fact that he did so is not, in and of itself, particularly remarkable or suspicious.

What a very strange search. Three specific holes dug and covered right back up???

Even if they got a specific tip, these are bizarre excavations...Were they given co-ordinates to dig at?

Baffling.

Was TPS at DM's farm trying to make a 'spectacular presence' after the failure to follow up on LB's disappearance? I sincerely hope Blair did not waste taxpayers money on such an antic.

We will know soon enough - either way the Hamilton Police Chief will have played a role. Tax payers don't need any back scratching - it's too expensive.

I hope that "withholding information in the interests of the investigation" is truthful this time. We've seen this before and have seen HUGE miscarriages in the past. Need I say...Karla.

moo

It's interesting that the "bloody yacht" thread had twice the response as yesterday's farm search, which I find much more intriguing. I sure would like to know what they hoped to find, and and if they were successful.

It's interesting that the "bloody yacht" thread had twice the response as yesterday's farm search, which I find much more intriguing. I sure would like to know what they hoped to find, and and if they were successful.

Agreed. I think the polarity of the threads might be based on the details. Ie:the farm - no Info was announced other than the 3 holes which we can only secure thatthey found something or they didnt.
'sailboat' - some details were given which act like a teaser.

I doubt they will find evidence regarding the boat, DM probably ly cited menstruation to end a seemingly boring or embarrassing explanation. I bet the contents on the farm will be a much hotter topic once exposed in court

I think they found something. I'm still convinced there was something in that hole they were all standing around and jumping in/out of. Whether or not that item was any kind of evidence, I don't know.

Millard's had that property since 2011. Knowing what we know now about his illegal activities (i.e the stolen cars), I have a hard time believing he just recently decided that farm was a good place to hide something. JMO.

Agreed. I think the polarity of the threads might be based on the details. Ie:the farm - no Info was announced other than the 3 holes which we can only secure thatthey found something or they didnt.
'sailboat' - some details were given which act like a teaser.

I doubt they will find evidence regarding the boat, DM probably ly cited menstruation to end a seemingly boring or embarrassing explanation. I bet the computer tents on the farm will be a much hotter topic once exposed in court
You're right, MuhGruff. I'm just disappointed we don't get a little teaser from the farm search. Actually, three large holes were quite a tease until they filled them in. :snooty:

Oh well, at least we were spared images of a bloody yacht. :facepalm:

In my dim recollection lots and lots of things get buried out behind the barn during the past couple of centuries. The old horse; the family dog; (after both have died, of course), compost materials, broken machinery and nearly anything else you can think of. Given the large numbers of people wandering around that farm over the past couple of weeks, especially during the periods that it was largely unsecured, I just presumed this could have provided an excellent opportunity for anyone involved in LB's disappearance to refocus attention. For instance, imo, her beautiful ring - was it confirmed that she had a ring like that? - could easily have been tossed up there or pushed into the ground with a stick, imo, then followed up with an anonymous tip. Hopefully, nothing remotely like that has happened. Certainly those large rectangular square plots would suggest they were looking for a really big object, imo.

Just a gentle reminder we are NOT allowing discussion of the DM Discussion FB page at this time.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member