Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came from the lawyers. First Cyndy Short, then JP - I think JT too. It has been said many times, and it has never been refuted by LE. So, if you don't believe lawyers you may not believe it. :dunno:

I believe it, It would be stupid for the lawyers to lie about it, and there is no reason to.

What I recall the lawyer saying this past weekend is that HE is in touch with the FBI regularly...JMO

I know, but it's still a very high percentage. I was actually surprised that it was so high.

It's most likely higher Tuffy. That is only reported crimes. Richard Allen Davis had been drinking when he took Polly Klass from the home that night. Most people never heard about that. Alcohol is so acceptable that it seldom is mentioned in crimes.

What I recall the lawyer saying this past weekend is that HE is in touch with the FBI regularly...JMO
Possibly saying "submit questions and we will get answers back to you, but no sit-downs with DB/JI without advance list of questions that we will edit". Just speculating.

Quoting Sparklin from a previous thread

Granted, it sounds very uncomfortable and not something that anybody would particularly like to do but people have done a number of uncomfortable things in order to try and avoid a prison sentence. The alternative of sitting back and doing nothing, waiting to see what happens when someone comes home could be seen as a bit risky as well.

I am not 100% sure her alcohol level was so very high. Apparently the female neighbor says they were drinking but IIRC Shane said he didn't see them drink when he was there. Imo the way the drinking was reported sounded a bit like it could be just an excuse that the timeline of seeing Lisa changed.

To be fair Shane was only there for about 1/2hour or so with Deb, he said he could tell they HAD been drinking but didn't actually SEE them drinking. I personally don't think that 5-8 glasses of wine are over the top drinking. I haven't drank for about a year since I was diagnosed with diabetes and never drank overly (well...that was sooo long ago heheh) but if I had friends over on a weekend, I could drink 5-10 glasses of wine in the course of an evening and still function until my head hit the pillow. But even sober, I can't imagine carrying my daughter through the dark, down an incline with who knows what in my path...

I realize the alternative would be scary, but just the thought of being caught doing it or possibly falling, injuring myself...oh so many variables. I guess I just can't imagine it at all.

It's most likely higher Tuffy. That is only reported crimes. Richard Allen Davis had been drinking when he took Polly Klass from the home that night. Most people never heard about that. Alcohol is so acceptable that it seldom is mentioned in crimes.
Yep,and he was NOT the parent.

I don't understand the attention aspect I think DB and JI stay to far from the media. They seem to shun all reporters and all the attention. They came out told their story to the media got picked apart and now don't even use the medial at all. The interviews were on different channels besides ABC and they're attorney has been on many different networks. I honestly think if anyone has a deal it is fox, they seem to be the outlet pushing stories the most.......I get people think DB did it I have even said I think the parents should make more statements to the media pleading for their daughter. I see nothing that makes DB look like a media hound looking for fame. Seems to me she isn't saying enough to the media and isn't out there enough.

I don't understand it either - people saying she is acting like a 'celebrity' and getting all this attention. I HIGHLY doubt that she is excited about the attention she is getting from a whole lot of people!

To be fair Shane was only there for about 1/2hour or so with Deb, he said he could tell they HAD been drinking but didn't actually SEE them drinking. I personally don't think that 5-8 glasses of wine are over the top drinking. I haven't drank for about a year since I was diagnosed with diabetes and never drank overly (well...that was sooo long ago heheh) but if I had friends over on a weekend, I could drink 5-10 glasses of wine in the course of an evening and still function until my head hit the pillow. But even sober, I can't imagine carrying my daughter through the dark, down an incline with who knows what in my path...

I realize the alternative would be scary, but just the thought of being caught doing it or possibly falling, injuring myself...oh so many variables. I guess I just can't imagine it at all.

I'm pretty sure I recall that when the Shane info came out, that it was said he was there an hour and a half, from 7:30 to 9:00, per Jim Spellman's reporting. Has this since been refuted or revised or am I just misremembering?

I'm pretty sure I recall that when the Shane info came out, that it was said he was there an hour and a half, from 7:30 to 9:00, per Jim Spellman's reporting. Has this since been refuted or revised or am I just misremembering?

I kind of thought so too. I remember thinking wow that's a long time for a new neighbor they've never met to stay chatting with these two women.

Has anyone that thinks deb killed her daughter ever come up with a motive, I can't think of any. She has another child and she never killed him when she drank before, so I don't think we can blame it on the booze. Anyone?

We don't know much about her life,good or bad, other than she's still married to someone else.
People who commit child abuse often pick just one child. We heard that recently stated by a TH "expert " on HLN while discussing the recent case in Washington. Mom left her car with her 4 year old, supposedly leaving her 2 year old in the car because she ran out of gas (but there was gas in car per LE).
The kids have different dads and that could be part of the issue. Lisa might have been a difficult baby or maybe mom didn't want another baby and felt trapped in her relationship with JI.
We just don't know much .No one is talking.

I kind of thought so too. I remember thinking wow that's a long time for a new neighbor they've never met to stay chatting with these two women.

I found it interesting that he also stated they [not specified which woman] invited him over when he was outside smoking a cigarette. No link, but I recall it.

I found it interesting that he also stated they [not specified which woman] invited him over when he was outside smoking a cigarette. No link, but I recall it.
And a kicked out husband would be seething if he found out. Just sayin....

We don't know much about her life,good or bad, other than she's still married to someone else.
People who commit child abuse often pick just one child. We heard that recently stated by a TH "expert " on HLN while discussing the recent case in Washington. Mom left her car with her 4 year old, supposedly leaving her 2 year old in the car because she ran out of gas (but there was gas in car per LE).
The kids have different dads and that could be part of the issue. Lisa might have been a difficult baby or maybe mom didn't want another baby and felt trapped in her relationship with JI.
We just don't know much .No one is talking.

It's very true that sometimes parents choose one child to abuse. Based on everything we know, that's not Lisa. In her home, Deborah has a stepson who is apparently not the victim of abuse, and two bio children. I think by all accounts, and all evidence, both parents adored Lisa.

Additionally, she was an exceptionally happy, healthy looking baby.

Respectfully snipped by me to save space...

She did state remembering checking on the boys though, so how can she remember checking on the boys, but not her sick 10 month old?

She may have listened at the door to see if she was stirring or glanced in quickly to see if she was stirring - the boys were awake still and she spoke with them and brought them into her bed with her.

Horse hash on her. How many parents have been locked up w/o a confession in the first few weeks of a child missing when no body has been found?

DB is histrionic. She tries to gain sympathy through the media with her "Poor Me" talk. She knows darn well what LE could do and what they couldn't do. She had a Law Professor within a few days who was brought in by JI's sister(who is a paralegal) setting up all the links for her and her options.

This is insane...LE have exhausted over 900 tips so far. They have nothing regarding a stranger taking the baby.

or the parents apparently!

Oh! Sorry....thought there was a media report or something with DB or JI claiming they were lured to the police station.....this is something you think happened? Or can imagine it happening?

They were 'asked' (I agree with lured) to go to the station because there was news about Lisa - when they got there...no news, just more interrogation and accusation.

So no link? These things are pretty carefully documented statistics.

What we believe to be trends and correlations, don't always turn out to be true.

I have had over 50 foster children for a total of about 17 years and adopted 4 .Aside from the shaken babies,the parents who had their children removed were all involved in substance abuse. There was always alcohol and often other drugs,as well. several of our adopted children were affected prenatally.

That's just my experience with mothers who hurt their children.

Looking back through my experience I had one father who kicked his 7 month old in the ribs and a grandmother who broke her 7 week old grandaughter's femur.

The rest of the children that were abused or harmed by neglect were all in the care of their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck