Police shoot, kills groom at a club

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by PaperDoll, Nov 25, 2006.

1. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

:eek: ....

NEW YORK - Police opened fire early Saturday on a car full of men driving away from a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day after an undercover officer was rammed with the car.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said it was too early to say whether the shooting — 50 rounds were fired, hitting the vehicle 21 times — was justified. The deadly incident stemmed from an undercover operation inside the club, Kelly said.

Kelly said the car also rammed into an unmarked police minivan. Seven officers in plain clothes were involved in the incident, but only five fired.

(rest at link)
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15889445/?GT1=8717

2. Loading...

3. KatK

KatK Former Member

I read about this earlier, and tried to post it but it wouldn't let me. My problem with the incident is, bullets went into a nearby train station and hit houses. (At least according to an earlier version of the first AP story, which has been altered apparently.) Even though no one was injured that is UNACCEPTABLE!!! New York Times story. At least one officer even RELOADED! Those officers should have had training on how to focus and not let the adrenaline take over! I too, am reminded of Amadou Diallo.

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

I'd say that ramming into the vehicles was a bad choice.

5. KatK

KatK Former Member

Here is the newest news story about this. Apparently the officers went against NYPD policy when they fired at the moving car.

6. mssheila

mssheila New Member

7. Ang50

Ang50 New Member

Generally, PD policy in most areas is that you can't use deadly force for a moving car unless it's coming at you. I don't know the particulars of this situation...

Is there another thread about this on WebSleuths? I would have thought everyone would be talking about this....