Police Surround Clark in Cromwell hotel room; Countdown to Arrest 3..2..1

I have a question...

I'm new to this forum by the way, hello!

What is the purpose of this particular thread? Countdown to arrest?

This thread was made late last night when allot of us were staying awake for the actual arrest........read the first few pages and you will understand the
lack of news was driving us crazy!

There was a murder here years ago of a retarded youth. The monster that did the murder had STOOD on the youth! One foot on victims chest and one on the victims throat. I am thinking this could of been what this monster did also.

Does anyone know if these labs are soundproof? She fought back. She had to be screaming to the top of her lungs. Why didn't someone hear her?

Hope this helps;-

The med student observed to Pinkston that it is "so secluded down there, soundproof, and nobody is ever looking for you, nobody questions when you go into a room for several hours and don't come out."

The "perfect place," Pinkston noted, for a murder.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/17/earlyshow/main5317185.shtml

Yes, it takes a long time to choke someone to death as opposed to just unconciousness. Barring severe crushing trauma to the throat, think 2-5 minutes of constant and very forceful pressure. It takes a lot of effort and a lot of time. Like I said before, you don't accidentally strangle someone to death.
Hey Joe, Welcome to WS~ You are correct. It does take time and effort to strangle someone especially when the victim is fighting to survive. This was no accident.

Yes, it takes a long time to choke someone to death as opposed to just unconciousness. Barring severe crushing trauma to the throat, think 2-5 minutes of constant and very forceful pressure. It takes a lot of effort and a lot of time. Like I said before, you don't accidentally strangle someone to death.

As we discovered in the CA case (when Cindy choked Casey, but unfortunately, stopped herself).

I respect your post but please consider the following:

1. Please watch the movie Primal Fear and consider that this guy MAY be good at acting and MAY indeed be evil. I love a certain scene in this movie ... wow.

2. Please disregard his boyish innocent nice looks and instead picture him as a fat mean looking guy whom is unshaven with crossed eyes but maybe teary eyed. Then focus on the evidence. My point is looks do no make a killer.

He doesn't even look that good, imo.
Maybe at first glance, but there is something yucky about him...

Where does it say they RC was in a "lowly" position and was frustrated with his job. I am a Critical Care nurse and work with nurses aides who take pride in their work. I do not consider them "lowly." They are a vital part of our team and I know I could not do my job without them.
I am disturbed that this is a case of "workplace violence." What a waste for both families.

In my experience, he is very sorry...control/power freaks are always sorry when they get caught. I do not feel that he is any different than any other abuser-he just went too far.
They all look sympathetic and pathetic, to me. ^i^

I truly believe is he has any remorse at all, it's only for himself...b/c he is caught...after he tried to conceal it.

When a person gets the adrenalin going, in a situation as rage, the frontal lobe pretty much shuts down. There is no reasoning with a person when that happens, they are simply out of control.

Your response right here is exactly what I was thinking in my head when I typed that post. The reason I said something about psychiatric help at the end of the post is b/c I'm wondering if he's done this in his past, not b/c I feel sympathy for him. In other words, maybe somebody noticed a problem earlier in his life, If they had gotten him help, if he himself had gotten help, maybe this could have been prevented. The fact that he has scratches tells me that Annie fought back. Even if he was out of control with rage, he still had the option to stop, had to have passed through his mind somewhat - creating intent. Out of control or not, I sure do believe a prosecutor can prove premeditation based on that intent.

I respect your post but please consider the following:

1. Please watch the movie Primal Fear and consider that this guy MAY be good at acting and MAY indeed be evil. I love a certain scene in this movie ... wow.

2. Please disregard his boyish innocent nice looks and instead picture him as a fat mean looking guy whom is unshaven with crossed eyes but maybe teary eyed. Then focus on the evidence. My point is looks do no make a killer.

I think you're 100% right here. It's a pretty good example, too. The reason I pointed out his eyes & how his demeanor seemed was b/c he simply looked "spent" to me. Almost as if it's something that's been going on and finally came to an end...which is what I'm coming back to again. I wonder if there's a history here...maybe he's done this before...that's what I'm talking about.

I completely agree with you Joe. If anyone cares to, you can just click on my name & view all posts. You will see that I have believed it was somebody in Rodent Services (or Animal Research dealing with mice) from the very beginning. This is all documented on here since before anything even broke in the news. I had this guy on my shortlist, along with a few other names I happened to come up with. I firmly believe strangling is not instantaneous. Annie fought back, probably suffered greatly (as I've stated in numerous posts), and therefore he had to know he was killing her b/c she fought back wanting to live - the scratches prove that. I know some lawyers may think otherwise, however I would think from the prosecution's side that this can only help them to prove premeditation based in intent...even if intent was only formed in 2 or 3 seconds. No way, imo, is strangling something that's over in a second. If this guy has scratches on his chest, arm, back, & some bruising - then she fought him really hard as far as I'm concerned.

As far as an example is concerned, in no way have I marred the image of Annie. I've actually put her on a pedestal since the beginning of this case...and she continues to be there all polished and shiny. All one has to do is click on my name & view my posts...then it will be known where my heart is. The example was just that - an example. In no way was it disrespectful...couldn't even be viewed as such. If that has to get deleted, then every single scenario would need to be deleted out of the respect of our constitution whereas everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I firmly believe law enforcement have the right guy behind bars. 2 things are still bothering me, though. 1- They've informed they have no other suspects but how did this go unnoticed by his family for so long. It's been stated that he works with family. Does he work directly with them or do they just work for the same people at different locations? If they all work there in the same vicinity, how could they not notice something was different? Doesn't make sense to me. 2- Has this happened before. I wonder b/c the remorse that he was showing is very much "probably" b/c he's caught & feeling sorry for himself or he's "acting". Well, what about if that look is b/c he's now a spent man without a future and possibly looking at the death penalty...and maybe they'll be able to link him to something else. I just can't help but wonder if he hasn't snapped before and it was hidden. If he didn't have experience, then how in the heck could he think about getting away with this - killing Annie & hiding her at the very place she worked? It just doesn't make sense. I think there's history and he's just now caught. I wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to something else.

Where does it say they RC was in a "lowly" position and was frustrated with his job. I am a Critical Care nurse and work with nurses aides who take pride in their work. I do not consider them "lowly." They are a vital part of our team and I know I could not do my job without them.
I am disturbed that this is a case of "workplace violence." What a waste for both families.

I personally don't view his position as lowly. I think the police saying janitor was to rile him. According to Yale's web, he had alot more duties than just cleaning cages. Each level holds more responsibilities. Even if he was at his lowest position in Rodent Services (Animal Services), he would still be able to euthanize. They still have to have training. While the payscale may not be as high as a tech working in a hospital, it's still something to put on a resume. I would think just adding the word "Yale" as his place of employment would help him in the long run. Anyway, I totally agree with you.

hey guys
i'm not sure what thread to ask this in....
but i just read that annie was raped???
i didn't know she was raped?
i didn't think she was?
is this new news??

I know what the article says but I had heard that she was NOT sexually assulted and that this was work related.

I think that's entirely speculation by the media and people here based on their own prejudices. True, it is not always a pleasant job and doesn't require an advanced degree or specialized training, but that can be said about many, many jobs.

The animal techs are essential to research projects, and it is wonderful when you find a good one. Whatever else he may be, it sounds to me like he was a good animal tech.

The other thing I don't understand is all the certainty that he would have been jealous of Annie because she was a grad student- there is no way to know that for sure. That's people's prejudices too. Until he says it, there's no way to know that's what he felt.

I think that's entirely speculation by the media and people here based on their own prejudices. True, it is not always a pleasant job and doesn't require an advanced degree or specialized training, but that can be said about many, many jobs.

The animal techs are essential to research projects, and it is wonderful when you find a good one. Whatever else he may be, it sounds to me like he was a good animal tech.

The other thing I don't understand is all the certainty that he would have been jealous of Annie because she was a grad student- there is no way to know that for sure. That's people's prejudices too. Until he says it, there's no way to know that's what he felt.

Yes! He does sound like a good animal tech. As a researcher, I commend his apparent vigilance regarding the care of the animals, and I always take the time to express thanks to our techs when they display such conscientiousness. The problem was the manner in which RC interacted with the researchers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back