• Not Guilty

Votes: 83 40.7%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 30 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumped up charges because of outside influences is the only reason there is even a trial to vote my vote of NOT GUILTY on.
Travesty. IMO

I believe he is absolutely 100% guilty of second degree murder -- malice of forethought was proven. All he had to do was stay in his car and not follow Trayvon. But I voted manslaughter because I think that is what the jury will compromise on. (The jury doesn't realize that could still get him 30 years!)

ITA...and I hope he gets every one of those 30 years...

I think it will be a hung jury.
When there is this much variation in opinion on Websleuths it can't be easy for a jury. :twocents:

I am hoping for not guilty. I believe his attorney actually proved him to be factually innocent.

However, I voted "hung jury", because if the jury is made up of people similar to all the members of WS, then they will have lots of stimulating discussions, but won't be able to agree on a verdict.

I voted for guilty for manslaughter as I think they will come to a "compromise" vote but with all my heart am hoping for a NOT GUILTY verdict.

My personal opinion is that GZ is guilty of 2nd degree murder, but my guess is that the jury will vote for manslaughter. I think any hope of claiming self-defense or trying to assert that he was in fear went out the window when he got out of his truck.

Most likely either Hung Jury or Not Guilty.

Perhaps a more accurate poll would be, how we would vote personally and what we think the jury's verdict will be. JMO

the poll clearly asked what you think the verdict will be, not what you hope it will be. hence the low count for murder 2, IMHO most are answering what they think the outcome will be, as asked.

Hung Jury. Just as websleuths members are divided, so will the jury be divided.

I respect the opinions of every poster here at WS, and the reasoned rationale behind every 'vote' on this poll.

We are a working example of differing - hell, dissenting - views, all mangled up in one forum...where we politely discuss - heatedly, at times - our viewpoints with each other.

Ohhhhh and back on topic: I would suggest that he will be found not guilty, in my opinion.

I think it will be "NG"...not because GZ is innocent, because he certainly isn't, but because the burden of proof was on the State and they just didn't bring it. I pray that what I fear will happen with a NG verdict won't take even more lives. I hope that made sense.

When this made the news I believed Zimmerman to be guilty and I signed the Trayvon Martin petition about charging Zimmerman. After watching the trial, however, I vote not guilty. Very sad for Martin's parents--but not guilty.

Hung Jury. Just as websleuths members are divided, so will the jury be divided.

I voted manslaughter, particularly after reading jury instructions.

I really hope it won't be a hung jury. Those of you who are mentioning the depth of division among websleuths members (I've seen similar division of opinion on facebook) being reflected in the jury could be right. I was assuming not guilty, but sadly a hung jury is a distinct possibility.

I'm not voting because I honest to goodness have no idea what decision the jury is going to come back with.

manslaughter - both what I believe to be true and what I believe the jury will most likely return.

Not guilty....self defense...
Lots of hate and discontent...verdict day will be interesting to say the least. imo

I think it's hung. :scared:

Since the jury is done for the day we will be closing this thread in 10 minutes

Don't forget tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio my guests will be Florida attorney Richard Hornsby and Sheryl McCollum.

Listen live 9 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT

Since the jury is done for the day we will be closing this thread in 5 minutes

Don't forget tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio my guests will be Florida attorney Richard Hornsby and Sheryl McCollum.

Listen live 9 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member