• Straight to Trial

Votes: 206 74.6%
  • Defense Inspired Plea Agreement

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Nolo Contendere (NO CONTEST)

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think she'll be found guilty, but, unfortunately, I don't think she'll get the dp. I say unfortunately because FL residents will have to foot the bill for her to live out the remainder of her miserable life and the crime that she is accused of is so heinous I feel its exactly what she deserves.

I think there is too much arrogance on the part of Casey, all the Anthonys, and the defense team to end in a plea. I believe that Casey will go to her grave professing her innocence. When she is convicted the Anthonys will continue their media campaign, only switching to "Casey was wrongfully convicted!" and fueling the "Free Casey" movement. Similar to Darlie Routier.
And don't forget Scott Peterson!

It would not shock me at all if during the presentation of Calyee's autopsy photos and Dr G's testimony that both CA and GA stand up and claim they were all involved ... claiming Calyee died accidentally and everything they said prior was a lie. The lie part would be true.

Seriously, I think once ICA is made aware of the manner in which the SAO will present the case, she will fold. Even JB can't sugar coat the SAO witnesses. And who, other than defense paid forensic scientists, are going to be witnesses for ICA? Surely ICA watched Discovery Health and Dr G. at least once. ICA got a shear glimse of what Jeff can deliver at a hearing already. Dr. G and Jeff together should be reason enough for her to fold.

And if JB does hold back on how the trial will proceed, ICA's anger and frustration will get the best of her within minutes of it starting. She won't be able to control herself listening to the opening statement the SAO will give. HHJP will want to mussel her immediately. She be clinching fists and all; never mind the eye poking routine.

I remember the Charlie Manson trial and all the behavioral shenannigans of the defendants. The courts will generally put up with a lot of acting out by a defendant and will allow them to remain present at the trial. It takes a whole lot of weird behavior before a Judge will remove a defendant from a courtroom during a murder trial. Charlie Manson attacked the Judge, who started wearing a revolver under his robe after that. In another situation, the jury was removed from the courtroom so Charles Manson could ramble on and on and on and have "his day in court." That trial was a wild one. KC's clinching fists and eye poking isn't even on the radar for when a Judge will step in to control a defendant's behavior. Let the jury see it. If I were prosecuting through, I would make a motion describing the behavior and asking that the description to be made part of the record.

I remember the Charlie Manson trial and all the behavioral shenannigans of the defendants. The courts will generally put up with a lot of acting out by a defendant and will allow them to remain present at the trial. It takes a whole lot of weird behavior before a Judge will remove a defendant from a courtroom during a murder trial. Charlie Manson attacked the Judge, who started wearing a revolver under his robe after that. In another situation, the jury was removed from the courtroom so Charles Manson could ramble on and on and on and have "his day in court." That trial was a wild one. KC's clinching fists and eye poking isn't even on the radar for when a Judge will step in to control a defendant's behavior. Let the jury see it. If I were prosecuting through, I would make a motion describing the behavior and asking that the description to be made part of the record.

Whoa now Themis ... I had to search my brain cells to remember that. You're right. ICAs theatrical antics cannot hold a candle to what Charles did in court and continues to do with each camera put in front of him.

Whoa now Themis ... I had to search my brain cells to remember that. You're right. ICAs theatrical antics cannot hold a candle to what Charles did in court and continues to do with each camera put in front of him.
LOL! I know. Forty years passes quickly doesn't it?

LOL! I know. Forty years passes quickly doesn't it?

Far too quick for me. These young people just don't understand ... there isn't a need to hurry up and get older. It gets here sooner than one thinks.

A quick O/T because I don't want to open a thread just to ask this.

What time is the hearing on Friday, please? TIA

A quick O/T because I don't want to open a thread just to ask this.

What time is the hearing on Friday, please? TIA

It is at 1:30 PM Orlando time, which is 10:30AM my time. So far In Sessions and Wesh say they will carry it.

As long as there is media money in the background of this case and as long as there are opportunities for attorneys to mold a national reputation, nobody will be giving KC the strong advice and counsel that she needs to move her towards taking a plea deal. Such legal advice and guidance would include helping her sort her fiction and the truth, helping her find the courage she needs with with respect to her mother and guiding her to admit what happened in court to support the plea. By doing so, she could probably save her own life and possibly even have a term cap and parole possibility. The irony of this case is her family is so "into" the media. The irony of that is it is the media in the case that is driving KC towards her own final destruction. As long as CA is "supporting" KC by believing and spouting KC's "version" so far, then KC can't capitulate and do what is factually, morally and legally the right thing for the defense to do in this case. The longer this goes on and the more the prosecution spends and prepares for trial, the less likely it is that KC can get off the path of self destruction.

Well said!!! Like a self-fulfilling prophesy. The A's have set the agenda and have ensured ICA's destiny and fate. Locked in, they are trapped in their own web of deceit and lies.

Neither CA or ICA have ever learned that hard lesson that you cannot simply tell mistruths and expect to get away with it. It has worked well in the past but this will be both their first real lesson and, at the same time, the hardest lesson of all.

What an interesting poll, and what interesting varying thoughts on it! In my totally sane and non-sociopathic mind, I can't for the live of me imagine WHY she would go all the way to trial. But she has shown that she doesn't have a sane and non-sociopathic mind because she DID go all the way down to the end of the Universal hall. On the check fraud, I thought for sure she walked in the courtroom that day all set to say "prove it", and yet she did another spin around by admitting it. In the civil trial, I'm pretty sure she'll fight that one all the way. But the capital murder trial? I just don't know. I WANT it to go to trial, we all do I think, I guess from my perspective I'll vote "Straight to Trial", but from Defense side? I couldn't even begin to guess.

What about from the prosecutor's side? Do THEY want to go to trial?

Good point! This trial is going to cost the tax-payers of Florida a lot of money, so that's one angle the prosecution has to consider.

I wonder too how George and Cindy would feel about Casey accepting any sort of plea deal or no contest?

Look up Jill Rockcastle case in Nevada. I think she did...

Oops, sorry, it was 2nd degree murder: On Tuesday, Rockcastle was sentenced to life in prison for Gustafik's fatal stabbing.
She will be eligible for parole after 10 years as a result of a plea to a second-degree murder charge.
<snip>
She entered an Alford plea, meaning that she didn't admit guilt but conceded that prosecutors could prove the case against her.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/34731359.html

Darren Mack, wealthy businessman in Reno, Nevada, who stabbed his wife to death, and shot and wounded a judge, charged with first degree murder, also entered an Alford plea.....................

From Wikipedia: "On November 5, 2007, Mack plead guilty to first degree murder and entered an [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alford_plea"]Alford plea[/ame] on the charge of attempted murder."

After considerable thought, I went with this will go to trial.

She did admit guilt in the check charges, but she had admitted that before, claiming she did it for money to look for Caylee. :rolleyes: IMO, she's still sticking to that story. I don't see ICA willing to admit the truth, and I don't see ICA willing to give up her time in the 'spotlight', regardless of the reasons for it. She just strikes me as the kind of person capable of disregarding the circumstances behind being able to think, "I knew I would be famous someday..." Ugh.

I think this case is headed straight for trial. The only plea deal the defense would want would be something that would give Casey time served or something equally ridiculous. The state would not go for anything less than LWOP now that the DP is on the table, or at least I hope they don't. Let the defense take this to trial and see how the state mops the floor w/them. If the defense team thinks that Casey was embarrassed by the public seeing what she orders at the commissary each week, just let them see her embarrassment during the trial when the state parades witness after witness that can testify to Casey's lying, behavior, and demeanor during the time that her 2 year old daughter was missing. The defense might be making a mockery of our justice system before the trial, but once the trial starts, the state will be making a mockery of them.

I also think a plea deal is out of the question because there is absolutely no way that Casey will ever admit having anything to do w/what ultimately happened to Caylee. That arrogance on her part and on the part of her defense team is what will most likely get her a guilty verdict and an appointment w/the needle.

How will this case end you ask: Case goes to trial, Jury finds Casey guilty and she gets sent to Death Row. That's how this case will end.

I think this case is headed straight for trial. The only plea deal the defense would want would be something that would give Casey time served or something equally ridiculous. The state would not go for anything less than LWOP now that the DP is on the table, or at least I hope they don't. Let the defense take this to trial and see how the state mops the floor w/them. If the defense team thinks that Casey was embarrassed by the public seeing what she orders at the commissary each week, just let them see her embarrassment during the trial when the state parades witness after witness that can testify to Casey's lying, behavior, and demeanor during the time that her 2 year old daughter was missing. The defense might be making a mockery of our justice system before the trial, but once the trial starts, the state will be making a mockery of them.

I also think a plea deal is out of the question because there is absolutely no way that Casey will ever admit having anything to do w/what ultimately happened to Caylee. That arrogance on her part and on the part of her defense team is what will most likely get her a guilty verdict and an appointment w/the needle.

Or the electric chair, which ever one she chooses...... but I bet she goes with the needle.

Too bad we don't have the power to force someone into reincarnation. Then we could make her come back as a little girl with a clone of herself as her mother.

Too bad we don't have the power to force someone into reincarnation. Then we could make her come back as a little girl with a clone of herself as her mother.

Actually, except for the fact that her mother didn't kill her when she was 2 (and that's a biggie, I know), she DID have a mother just like herself..... they are both narcissists... and worse.

Cindy was very right when she said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... she raised a clone of herself. Little Caylee never had a chance.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back