Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Poll on charges- The state vs Julie Schenecker

Discussion in 'The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate' started by nursebeeme, May 15, 2014.

?

What is your opinion of the charges (vote for what you would decide)

1. First degree murder of CS

62 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Second degree murder of CS

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. manslaughter of CS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. First degree murder of BS

56 vote(s)
    71.8%
  5. Second degree murder of BS

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Manslaughter of BS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. not guilty by reason on insanity

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. possession of firearm causing death

36 vote(s)
    46.2%
  9. voluntary intoxication

32 vote(s)
    41.0%
  10. felony firearm

37 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

vote on your opinion of the charges here​

2. Chelly

Chelly Old and experienced.

I was expecting to be in the minority, but thought the vote would be a tad closer.
    I would also vote on sending more of our tax-dollar to supporting mental health research and treatment.

3. Nore

Nore New Member

I voted 1st degree on both. I want to see her locked up forever. I dont care how they do it really. Left out, she will strike again.

4. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

I voted 1st degree for both, because I am worried she would get out and fall into the same habits as before. She might go after the one's whom convicted and tried her, or after her family and Parker. jmo

I do believe that JS has a serious MI that is difficult to treat.

5. dr dona

dr dona dr dona

1st degree murder for the murders of both children: also guilty on lesser charges---Yes JS is mentally ill but she has thwarted all her doctors efforts to help her by abusing alcohol and other drugs. Some people actually don't want to get better because they get secondary rewards from their illness. PS has taken care of his wife for years and years...she has lived in a mansion and been pampered. Than her teenage daughter mouths off to her and she kills both the kids but can't pull off her own suicide. Bull hockey. Both my daughters called me a Fu--in b as teens in their moments of teenage angst. I didn't kill them---I love them. Now they are adults and we do fine. As PS the husband said--they are the kids --you need to act like the parent. She is a murderer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. LyndyLoo

LyndyLoo Active Member

While I truly have some empathy for MI persons..and will not deny that Julie has many issues..including an addictive behaviors...BUT what truly stuck out in Julie's Case is the clearity of thought processes..Her ability to ACT normal when she had to..Her insistance of alienating Parker from being active in her treatment in the last year...Ive spent decades in ER with MI folks..so recognize when being "Gaslighted' versus experiencing someone in psychosis..or deluded.
    Her defense did her a dis-service blaming everyone but herself..

Just an aside note`~ Whenever I had to deal with someone in ER who was acting aggresive..delusional..or completely out of touch...There was a TELL..and that was their "EYES"...and sure enough..I was thankfully accurate..so helped me in utilizing various techniques to control and maintain their safety NOT TO MENTION MY OWN....

Julie needs help for sure..her extent of mental breakdown and inability to understand reality just wasnt credible as portrayed by Defense Experts IMO

7. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Did you get a ''feel'' for JS's eyes during the trial?