POLL: Prosecution Closing Argument

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Kentjbkent, Jun 14, 2011.

?

Who Should Give Prosecution Closing Argument

Poll closed Jul 14, 2011.
  1. Linda Drane Burdick

261 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. Jeff Ashton

170 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

If there was a third choice I would vote for Dr. G. She's fabulous ,passionate and compassionate. :rocker:

2. moodyblue

moodyblue New Member

Tough for me to chose. I think both are outstanding. Right now I think I would vote for JA.

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I am torn. I think LDB did a fantastic OS and I know she would be great. And I think it might be important for the Closing to NOT be based upon raw emotion, but seen as a logical, scientific conclusion. On the other hand, It might be very compelling for the jury to hear some all out emotional reactions and passionate feelings about the case. So I have not voted yet. I think I might go for Ashton though.

4. mikeysmommom

mikeysmommom "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you

WOW I missed that hearing!After watching this one I watched the one where you hear ICA say make him stop at same hearing. I voted for LDB but JA really gets passionate and also gets to ICA in a big way!

5. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I can't decide!

:gasp:

How about AZLawyer? :kimsterwink:

6. Salem

Salem Former Member

I think they should each do a portion of the closing. They both have a lot to offer and look at the case from different viewpoints. They are both articulate, detailed and organized. I think they should hit the closing alot like they have done the trial - Linda summing up the evidence and JA summing up the science.

Salem

7. Desdemona

Desdemona * * * * Desi * * * *

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/criminal-trial-procedures-overview-29509.html
    |BBM|

8. Mamietwo

Mamietwo New Member

It was a hard decision for me to make because I like them both and sometimes jurors seem to accept a presentation from a male over a female, but then........I remembered who brought it home for us in the Scott Peterson trial! It was Birgit Fladager, Stanislaus County DA. And boy, did she bring it home!!!

9. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

Jeff, but only if he gets rid of that cough.

10. RSDhoping for a cure

RSDhoping for a cure New Member

I think that's why I keep having trouble following him. I feel bad for him because I know he :rocker: but it seems his cold/allergies keep interrupting just when I feel like he's getting to the point!

11. Toi

Toi Member

LDB should IMO. She's a woman & that could be much more compelling to the jurors if she uses her atty brain and tops it with her womanly/motherly/paternal "instincts" in closing arguments. She's presented herself very well through it all I think. I know you all love JA BUT I dont. He has a know it all & better than everyone else attitude. His body language oozes of it. He comes across to me like an angry McCoy from Law n Order......and in that I mean a guy that would do anything to win a case because he isn't to be questioned. He's the only atty I constantly see shaking his head & crossing his arms in disgust at what's being said at the moment. JMO

12. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

It is a very tough choice. ITA Jeff is a very impassioned speaker but the cough has been very distracting. I think LDB would do an outstanding and compelling delivery. At this time I would have to go with LDB.

13. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

Let Linda, a woman, do it. Tug at the jury's heartstrings.

14. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

Linda Drane-Burdick

I noticed her taking notes during Baez' OS...she will counter anything he stated and add much more to her methodical summary of events. She has a soothing tone, a forceful tone when it's needed...either way, whoever delivers the closing statement, will do justice for Caylee....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

15. kaRN

kaRN Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

I voted before reading that I shouldn't consider how JA brought me to tears arguing against the DTs motion to have the DP removed. My bad lol!! Doesn't change my vote though............
    LDB has done an amazing job. She didn't bring me to tears during the OS, rather I found her presentation to be pretty clinical and dry but she told the story really well and outlined where the state was heading clearly for the jurors.
    JA is passionate and more reactionary than his colleagues. He's animated and will spellbind the jury, the same way he captivated me during the DP hearing. I held onto every word and still get the chills when I imagine him giving that passionate argument. The jury needs to go back to the deliberation room with his passion for justice ringing in their ears IMO.

JA will be the huge bang the case needs to conclude with. :)
    Days away from justice baby girl!!!!! Then you can soar!!

16. krisskross

krisskross New Member

I actually think both of them will present closing arguments.
    The State contend Caylee died by suffocation. This is fundamental to their case, so I think Jeff Ashton will take the jury through the forensic side of the case, step by step, asking them to embrace the ME's findings, the newer scientific evidence and their common sense. Linda Drane Burdick will imo remind the jury of those chloroform searches, ALL the elaborate LIES and again go through those 31 days until ICA's arrest. It will probably take a day and should incorporate LDB's meticulousness and JA's passion.

MOO

17. katsclown

katsclown Member

I voted for LDB, but I had a hard time choosing between JA's passion and LDB's matter-of-factness. They're both excellent so I won't be disappointed either way. I guess I want a woman's perspective in this case. I think LDB IS passionate about this case and hasn't shown it. Maybe she will.....

18. susietigger

susietigger New Member

I said LDB but I think they would both equally do a good job. I loved the way she did the OS that is why I lean more towards her.

19. 100%Agave

100%Agave New Member

I love them both but I chose JA. He would be spellbinding during closing. LDB did a great walk through in the OS and made all the points that she needed to make but it was getting old near the end and she lacked passion. I think that the passion of the delivery is the reason why JB turned so many heads during his OS. His story didn't make sense to those of us in the know but he kept the jury's attention and made points with passion. Think about how many of those here moved from guilty to on the fence or not guilty during his OS.

The states case has been methodical but dry. Passion is what is needed at the end and while both LDB and JA are highly intelligent and have a good grasp on all of the evidence, LDB has not shown me any fire so far.

20. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

O/T...sorry but I need to ask....

Can I have a copy your your photo siggy??

I'd love to post it elsewhere so others can see the resemblance of ICA to sociopath, Ted Bundy...it's truly amazing how much the eyes look alike...JMHO

Justice for Caylee