POLL: Prosecution Closing Argument

Who Should Give Prosecution Closing Argument

• Linda Drane Burdick

Votes: 261 60.6%
  • Jeff Ashton

Votes: 170 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted LDB, but only because I had to pick one. I'd be just fine if it was JA instead.

It is a very tough choice. ITA Jeff is a very impassioned speaker but the cough has been very distracting. I think LDB would do an outstanding and compelling delivery. At this time I would have to go with LDB.

I thought it was just me being a bit mean - but that cough has been annoying the bejesus out of me, very irritating because I know his questions are important and I'm trying to follow along. Either one works for me or maybe they will split it - are they allowed to do that on close?

Since the prosecution gets to present two closing statements, isn't it possible that one gives the first closing, and the other the second after defense's closing?? I think this has been done in other trials, if I am not mistaken.

I voted for JA because he is so passionate. LDB is fantastic, but she is very flat. She is effective, but I think closing needs the emotional factor added in.

How lucky for us (and Caylee) that we have this kind of choice. I voted for Linda but it was kind of like picking chocolate cake or apple pie... ummm could I have some of each?

I voted for Ashton because I agree with Baznme regarding Ashton being more demonstrative. I think he would give more of an "in your face" with the horror of it all than Linda and that is what I think the jury needs before deliberating.

Albeit JA is more impassioned than LDB, what this jury is charged with is deciphering the known evidence and coming to a conclusion. With a lack of direct evidence I believe they will feel compelled to be even more impartial in their rendering. LDB is ruthlessly methodical which should play well to this jury's mindset.

JA should take the first leg, let JB have his fun and then let LDB bring it on home.

This was very tough for me to choose. I'd love to hear either one present closing, but I ended up choosing LDB. It might seem a strange way to have tilted me towards LDB, but I keep thinking of Dr. G and her compelling, convincing testimony. With Dr. G's testimony, and LDB's closing...I don't know. It just seems right.

Sorry, that sounds vague. Hard to describe.

bbm

I am betwixt & between...I voted for JA although, I also feel LDB could present closing arguments just maybe without enough passion.

So, whoever it shall be...I'm praying for their passion to leave this jury with the only impression of ICA's horrific guilt.

With that said...had Dr. G's name had been one of the choices above, she would have got my vote. I will never forget her testimony...ever.

Either way...I have no doubt, the beast is going DOWN!

I don't know much about JA other than that he has done a wonderful job in this case. Is his cough the result of an illness, or is it a vocal tic of some kind?

I think Jeff goes too fast, he is wonderful. But has a cold for a few months now and the cough can be distracting.. His delivery can be a bit choppy, but he would also be great I'm sure.

Linda is more authoritative...stays calm

I voted for Ashton because I agree with Baznme regarding Ashton being more demonstrative. I think he would give more of an "in your face" with the horror of it all than Linda and that is what I think the jury needs before deliberating.
I voted LDB, but after reading this, I'm not sure now. Either one needs to really "bring it home" though, ya know.

Bill S. saying that he thinks LDB will deliver closing statement for the State. He expects both closing arguments to be 3-4 hours. Thinks that CM should close for the DT but fears that Baez will continue his "stranglehold" and get his last moments in the spotlight.

I voted Mr. Ashton. I too believe LDB has been fantastic throughout the trial, but, for closing I believe the SA needs to bring a more emotional closing statement to engage the jury. LDB may be able to pull that off, but that is NOT what this jury has witnessed from LDB to this point, and it may come off as contrived. JA on the other hand has shown the signs of passionate emotional presentation and arguments throughout the trial. Threrefor the jury would not look at his emotional closing as theatrics. JMO

I voted LDB to conduct the Closing however, I think that whoever gives the Closing, the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" should be the last thing that the jury hears before deliberation.

I would pick LDB to present the closing. She's very articulate and well spoken. I thought she did an outstanding job with the opening statement. She told Caylee's story and I think she should be the one to finish that story.

Linda. She speaks clearly, firmly, and with authority. She bring important points together concisely and doesn't let anyone frustrate her or intimidate her. Not saying the JA does, I'm just saying Linda is much better in her demeanor and presentation. More believable, less distracting, very authoritative.

O/T...sorry but I need to ask....

Can I have a copy your your photo siggy??

I'd love to post it elsewhere so others can see the resemblance of ICA to sociopath, Ted Bundy...it's truly amazing how much the eyes look alike...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I know!

On Topic

I think LBK should present the closing. She has been excellent in her mannerism thoughtout the whole case and her gestures and body lauguage have been perfect thoughout the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back