• Coverup YES Murder YES

Votes: 109 36.8%
  • Coverup: NO Murder YES

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Coverup: NO Murder NO

Votes: 59 19.9%

• Total voters
Eagle1 said:
Apparently a slight majority believe Patsy to be "involved", and probably they mean inadvertently, and not acting alone.

Correct?
It seems that way....

Eagle1 said:
Apparently a slight majority believe Patsy to be "involved", and probably they mean inadvertently, and not acting alone.

Correct?
Uh 71% believe Patsy to be involved in some capacity. That is a bit more than "slight".

Only 27% believe she is squeaky clean and innocent.

britgirl said:
I do not believe the Ramseys have anything whatsoever to do with the death of their daughter. And the "ransom note" is no such thing. It is a long, rambling piece of nonsense, composed by someone who had watched too many films and wanted to confuse the Ramseys and the police. Maybe he thought the menacing tone would give him an air of superiority. Maybe he originally DID intend to kidnap JonBenet. But I believe it was left for Patsy to find because he wanted to induce as much fear as possible, and- ultimately- because he was proud of what he'd written. JMHO!

I absolutely agree. At some point in time the perp knew the police would be called---after he got the ransom money. It was full of movie lines and themes, and he thought he was being clever. I think it was rewritten in the house, with some things added. The tone in the note changes at the end.

Now how would the perp know if Patsy was going to be the one to find the note or not? From what I understand, the spiral staircase where it lay wasn't used as often. And why even leave the note if you've left the child behind, dead in the basement? Why not take her and collect the ransom? And how could they be sure the Ramseys would call the police? After all, the note says their daughter is being held and will be beheaded if police are called. I would think a kidnapper stating such would not only have the child but be fairly certain that the police will not be called. It's good thing the "intruder" didn't actually have JonBenet in their possession when the cops arrived, otherwise her head would have rolled. In fact, that tells me right there that they knew the note was bogus. Either that, or they don't really care if their daughter is decapitated. Not thinking clearly means her death, and if this had been a real kidnapping, I guarantee you the Ramseys would have behaved differently.

The month of December was a very stressful month for Patsy....parties, shopping, traveling....

It all came to a head Christmas night. Patsy was doing last minute wrapping in the basement...packing for three events....while her husband sits on the living room floor putting a toy together with his son. I'm sure there was some resentment and anger towards John because he expected his wife to do everything.

On top of that...little JonBenet is at Patsy's feet, wanting to eat something. She feeds her pineapple. JonBenet then is changed into her pajamas. Lo and behold....when JonBenet removes her clothes....her panties are stained with poop. Patsy wants to bathe her but JonBenet fights her....until Patsy loses it and bashes her in the head with the flashlight.

PrayersForMaura said:
I think if the Ramseys are innocent and it was an intruder, that Patsy did in some way contribute to parading JonBenet around as a little too "provocative" and "sexy" for her age at those pageants; thus, inadvertently exposing her to sexual predators who prey on young children, unfortunately.
She was made up to look sexier and more beautiful than I look.

IF nothing else, Patsy was guilty of exposing JonBenet in that light.
I mean no harm in that comment. She may not have realized what she was doing. Children should be allowed to be children, not mini models.
I completely agree with you. Personally, I find those pageants extremely distasteful. Girls plastered in make-up, bleached hair, doing cutesy dances...my own view is that they sexualise children. Six-year-old girls should be climbing trees and learning to ride their bikes, not prancing up and down a stage covered in Maybelline.
I wonder what Patsy's feelings are towards pageants now- does she feel responsible? I have to be careful here because I don't want to make it sound as though I'm saying Patsy "asked for it" by exposing JonBenet like that. Ultimately, the fault lies with JonBenet's killer and no-one else. I know Patsy appears to remain proud of her daughter's beauty queen past. But I wonder, deep down...

Maikai said:
She is a petite woman--maybe 5'2 or 3 inches, and slim at the time of the murder. JBR's skull had an 8 inch crack in it, and a chunk of displaced bone--it took a lot of strength to deliver a blow like that. The strangulation was done first---and I can't imagine most people, let alone a mother that doted on her child, pulling that garrotte tight into the neck, while JBR was trying to claw it off. Some say the killer had to be looking into JBR's face while he strangled her.
Zman, I agree pretty much with maikia also, but PR sure DID write that RN (IMO).

britgirl said:
I completely agree with you. Personally, I find those pageants extremely distasteful. Girls plastered in make-up, bleached hair, doing cutesy dances...my own view is that they sexualise children. Six-year-old girls should be climbing trees and learning to ride their bikes, not prancing up and down a stage covered in Maybelline.
I wonder what Patsy's feelings are towards pageants now- does she feel responsible? I have to be careful here because I don't want to make it sound as though I'm saying Patsy "asked for it" by exposing JonBenet like that. Ultimately, the fault lies with JonBenet's killer and no-one else. I know Patsy appears to remain proud of her daughter's beauty queen past. But I wonder, deep down...
Did you ever see 6-10 year old girls who are gymnist's or figure skaters, cheerleaders, dancers.....ect.

Costume's, Hair done, Makeup and so on.

A six year old girl can only be sexy to a pervert. Makeup or no makeup.
I do believe lots of girls are molested who never take part in pagents.

Zman said:
Did you ever see 6-10 year old girls who are gymnist's or figure skaters, cheerleaders, dancers.....ect.

Costume's, Hair done, Makeup and so on.
Yes, but not on a weekly basis. They are done up for recitals, competitions, etc. and usually the mothers don't dye their hair and put bright red lipstick and Vegas showgirl outfits on them!

Zman said:
A six year old girl can only be sexy to a pervert. Makeup or no makeup.
I do believe lots of girls are molested who never take part in pagents.
On this you are dead on...

Reading the NE book it has the testimony.

Patsy does a lot of can't recall, recanting and mixing things up. Grieving mother understandable. Often she states how she wished they could have interviewed her earlier. Yet still her answers are vague, unfinished and you have to guess at what she means.
It bothered me she said she warned JonBenet everything covered by her swimsuit was JonBenets. No one could touch her there but her mom and the dr in the prescence of her mom. She at first stated John, Burke and her grandfather were not allowed to touch her there. When I warned my kids about abuse I never thought to specifically identify members of the family.
Why would Patsy feel the need to name the males in the family? Why those specific males? Was she attempting to exempt them from suspicion by saying she told JonBenet they could not touch her? Get them of the suspect list? Or did she slip up and let loose her worries?

Becba said:
Or did she slip up and let loose her worries?

Becba, I think you hit this one dead center.

I have always felt there was something in Patsy's past. Can't say what or who because I don't have a clue. I just think there is something dark and scary deep in Patsy's life. IMO.

Tricia said:
Becba, I think you hit this one dead center.

I have always felt there was something in Patsy's past. Can't say what or who because I don't have a clue. I just think there is something dark and scary deep in Patsy's life. IMO.

DAILY CAMERA
STOP THE UGLY SPECULATION
Friday, January 10, 1997
Section: EDITORIAL
Edition: SECOND
Page: 2B
Column: Open Forum

I'm writing this letter because I am sickened by the criticism and idle speculation going on in regard to the Ramsey family. A couple of years ago I went on a tour of historic homes of Boulder and went through the Ramsey house. Most homeowners either keep a low profile or leave the house entirely, probably to avoid seeing hundreds of strangers tramping through their homes. But not Patsy Ramsey. She was meeting and greeting people, welcoming us into her home. She shook hands with me and my friends and chatted with us. We were so impressed with her! We spent a long time looking at the display of her babies' clothing and small items of sentimental value which she had arranged in a glass showcase in an upstairs bedroom. This indicated to us that she was a tender, caring, devoted mother.

Shortly after this, I read in the newspaper that she was a volunteer at her son's elementary school while battling cancer. I read the account of her struggle and saw the pictures of her going bald from the chemotherapy. I prayed at that time for her life to be spared.

This letter is to ask people to please stop being so judgmental about something you know nothing about. Stop your mean speculations about the Ramsey family until the facts are known. I have heard several of my friends and acquaintances speculate about this case, and it is really ugly. I say to them, "Don't even think things like that."

LINDA GIANDINOTO

They spent years and millions of dollars investigating the Ramsey family--and NOTHING ever uncovered of any deep dark secrets in Patsy Ramsey's past.

So, this person met Patsy once,whilst on a home tour of the Ramsey house....she shook hands with her and spent alot of time looking at the display of baby clothing.
She thinks because Patsy has a glass show case with this clothing and small items of sentimental value that that somehow shows that she is a caring, tender, devoted mother.
WTF??
How does she figure that.....anyone can arrange a few things in a show case and appear the hostess with the mostess when they are in their element ie showing off...
How can she say
>>This letter is to ask people to please stop being so judgmental about something you know nothing about.<<
and
>>I say to them, "Don't even think things like that." <<
So she thinks she knows the Ramsey's because she went on a tour of their house??
That's ridiculous.

Well I asked my husband who has a daughter. He said he never named family when warning of abuse. It would never ocurr to him.

When you talk to your child about touching in the wrong places I don't think most of us use grandpa, daddy and brother as the example.
BS on PR's part.
Hey I had a mom that ignored sexual abuse even after she was told over and over. Why is this family any different?
Because PR was willing to lie and cover for the death of her own child.

narlacat said:
So, this person met Patsy once,whilst on a home tour of the Ramsey house....she shook hands with her and spent alot of time looking at the display of baby clothing.
She thinks because Patsy has a glass show case with this clothing and small items of sentimental value that that somehow shows that she is a caring, tender, devoted mother.
WTF??
How does she figure that.....anyone can arrange a few things in a show case and appear the hostess with the mostess when they are in their element ie showing off...
How can she say
>>This letter is to ask people to please stop being so judgmental about something you know nothing about.<<
and
>>I say to them, "Don't even think things like that." <<
So she thinks she knows the Ramsey's because she went on a tour of their house??
That's ridiculous.

This is just one of many stories from various people on the character of the Ramseys....and the BPD spent a lot of time and money in trying to dig up dirt about their past, and came up empty-handed. One can imagine all kinds of scenarios and attributes about them, if you want to believe they were involved in the torture and brutal murder of their daughter--but the facts don't point to that. The few people that turned on them that knew them in some way had financial motives----and there were very few.

eve said:
Any idea who the abuser was?

Eve
Hi everyone, not new to websleuths but don't post much just love to read and hear what others think.. Here goes, I THINK, John was the abuser, patsy caught him that night , lost it on JB and killed her, John had to help in the cover up or he would be exposed. I know parents will cover for thee other one but I have a hard time with it.
Myself it is so hard to believe that patsy killed her and then went to john and said I killed jB, I didn't mean to. You got to help me. Then John says ok then they do all the extra to JB to make it look like some one else did it. I know parents will cover but I have a hard time with it, because I would kill the other one before I would help them out after killen my baby. But, they know exactly what happened to JB. Looks like we will never know what went down that night and by whom. One thing for sure JB lost her life that night, which is so sad.

speedymama said:
Hi everyone, not new to websleuths but don't post much just love to read and hear what others think.. Here goes, I THINK, John was the abuser, patsy caught him that night , lost it on JB and killed her, John had to help in the cover up or he would be exposed. I know parents will cover for thee other one but I have a hard time with it.
Myself it is so hard to believe that patsy killed her and then went to john and said I killed jB, I didn't mean to. You got to help me. Then John says ok then they do all the extra to JB to make it look like some one else did it. I know parents will cover but I have a hard time with it, because I would kill the other one before I would help them out after killen my baby. But, they know exactly what happened to JB. Looks like we will never know what went down that night and by whom. One thing for sure JB lost her life that night, which is so sad.
Welcome to posting Speedy!

Maikai said:
This is just one of many stories from various people on the character of the Ramseys....and the BPD spent a lot of time and money in trying to dig up dirt about their past, and came up empty-handed. One can imagine all kinds of scenarios and attributes about them, if you want to believe they were involved in the torture and brutal murder of their daughter--but the facts don't point to that. The few people that turned on them that knew them in some way had financial motives----and there were very few.
Well, concernedperson has met Patsy in GA, (she posted it on another thread), and said she is a witch to employees! Treats them like dirt.

LinasK said:
Well, concernedperson has met Patsy in GA, (she posted it on another thread), and said she is a witch to employees! Treats them like dirt.

I don't believe it. That's contrary to what many that have known her have said. Jane Stobie, who tried to make money off a book, didn't like Patsy or her female relatives and she was critical of JR. But she was also the one that talked to balloons or some such nonsense in Chattuagua Park. Any examples of how Patsy treated employees like dirt?

Patsy would not cover up for anyone but herself.
I can say from personal experience that a Mom who acts
perfect to the outside world can become a dealdy threat
to a child she is left alone with. Ever hear- "I brought you into this
world, and I can take you out"?
I think she was jealous of JonBenet- for several reasons. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads