Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think she gave her something to put her to sleep then put the duct tape on her mouth to keep her quiet in the event she woke up. I think KC then put Caylee in the trunk so she could go party with TonE, they watched videos and ate popcorn, had wild unadulterated sex and fell asleep. KC slept late the next morning and when she awoke and remembered Caylee, she was already dead.

I believe KC strangled Caylee out of rage and applied the duct tape to make sure she did not start breathing again.

Ever since the facts about the duct tape came to light, I wonder ... why duct tape? Wouldnt it have been easier to (sorry) smother her with a pillow? Even press a hand over her nose and mouth? Strangle her? Why duct tape? I have heard of it before, but its a little unusual. I think the other methods I listed are much more common ... it just makes me wonder why ...did Casey just happen to catch a glimpse of duct tape in a murderous moment? Did she plan that so Caylee could suffocate and Casey wouldnt have to look at her?

thoughts?

I think the entire reason for the duct tape is to make it look like someone other than the prisoner has committed this crime.

I think she put it on Caylee after she was dead. I think she used it to keep water from the pool out of her (ears, mouth, and nose) when she was checking to see if the body would float. I don't think she realized when she put it on that it was not going to come off easily (if at all). I think she later added the heart sticker as a way of saying she was sorry for leaving Caylee looking the way she looked (face covered in tape).

My opinion is that the over kill of duct tape was used to silence and/or cause of death. Again, my opinion was that Casey lost her temper but knew exactly what she was doing when she ended Caylees life.
In fact, I believe it was a pleasure for her to take the child everyone loved out of the equation given it seems as though the family was disappointed in the way Casey had chosen to live her life.

Casey had to have known duct tape on the remains had they ever been recovered, and it helped her invent her story, a spin off of the convenient nanny tale she had been throwing out for some time. Pin the crime on a fictitious character they would never be able to bring in.

I don't know how the defense could argue a kidnapping.
Casey claimed said imaginary nanny thought the world of Caylee. Casey also claimed "Zanny" didn't think Casey was a fit mother, so why then would a fake nanny go to the effort to kidnap this little girl "teaching her mother a lesson", eventually killing the child she thought neglected, as well as such a great kid? :waitasec:

Another example of Casey not really thinking too far ahead while she runs her mouth.

Worst case scenario, Casey woke Caylee with the placing of duct tape as she slept. She held her hands and watched her daughter die face to face.

More cowardly, and to distance herself from the ugliness of it, she could have sat Caylee on her lap faced away from her and bear hugged her from behind until she stopped struggling. Would seem to fit Caseys personality, as well as explain the duct tape carelessly overlapping the babys hair.

I am not so sure about the chloroform anymore. I can see Casey getting impatient or having messed up the "recipe". It may not have worked quick enough. But I do believe she probably tried...
WTH.jpg

There is no way to be sure of course, but I think KC left the house the night of the 15th after the argument with CA. Late that night and into the wee hours of the next morning she had a 1hr and 20min phone conversation with AL ( during which he has stated he fell asleep ) . I think before that conversation began, she taped Caylee up to keep her quiet so she could talk to AL with no background noise. Perhaps Caylee was crying because she was tired and wanted to go home to her bed. I'm not even sure KC's intent was to kill Caylee, but the outcome was sadly just that. We will never really know exactly what happened to this poor little girl, because her mother certainly is not going to say and her family seem bent on protecting KC now that Caylee is lost to them. Heartbreaking!!

Eidetic,I agree with you. With KC of course already knowing of the duct tape on Caylee's face,she used that as what she would view as proof of a kidnapping.

I think she put it on Caylee after she was dead. I think she used it to keep water from the pool out of her (ears, mouth, and nose) when she was checking to see if the body would float. I don't think she realized when she put it on that it was not going to come off easily (if at all). I think she later added the heart sticker as a way of saying she was sorry for leaving Caylee looking the way she looked (face covered in tape).

If she was trying to simulate a pool accident, I'd think that water going into Caylee's orifices would have helped (until the autopsy).

Who knows? She may have already had it in the car, sitting on the backseat and it was just convenient. I am thinking the state has some reason to believed it was not applied post-mortem to stage a kidnapping.

BBM

I am wondering if the matted hair on the duct tape that was attached to Caylee's skull could have hairs that don't have a death band on them as well as some that may have death bands.
I guess what I am trying to say is if Caylee struggled could some of her hair have been pulled out before death. (O Boy that was really hard to write, so sorry Caylee) Maybe that could prove it was placed there before she died.
Can someone tell me if you know?

I think the perp duct taped her mouth to keep her quiet while killing her. I can't think of any reason to duct tape afterwards except to cover up the crime. The only problem is, is that a perp would want her alive for a period of time, otherwise why not just kill her first. (ie smother with pillow or strangulate)

JMo I think she had to look at her.

She had to at least be present to be sure she was dead.
I don't agree with those who think she applied it, put Caylee in the trunk and walked away without witnessing her death.

It was much more personal and important than that to Casey IMO.

Chloroform was found on the trunk liner in large amounts far exceeding what is normal in decomposition. There is no reasonable explanation for the chloroform to be there since it is typically not found in trunks.

Just brainstorming a possible scenario to explain chloroform and duct tape:

Maybe Casey was trying to avoid any kind of struggle or cleanup. A pillow or strangling would have involved flailing arms, scratching and kicking. Medication may involve some vomiting. Straddling or sitting on Caylee would have involved looking at her eyes and Casey may have wanted to avoid that. Maybe the chloroform was selected because it would knock Caylee out quickly and an approach with a chloroform soaked rag from behind would have been real easy. No muss no fuss. It would knock Caylee out, so there would be no struggle, and then placement of duct tape would take Caylee’s breath away as she would fade away unaware. Three pieces would make death a certainty. Again no muss no fuss. Wrapping Caylee in the blanket and placing in the trunk immediately would make it easy to forget for awhile because she had plans with her boyfriend. Out of sight out of mind.

Just a possibility and food for thought…

If she was trying to simulate a pool accident, I'd think that water going into Caylee's orifices would have helped (until the autopsy).

I don't think she was trying to fake a pool accident. I think she wanted to see if the body would float. She used the tape to keep the pool water out.

I don't think she was trying to fake a pool accident. I think she wanted to see if the body would float. She used the tape to keep the pool water out.
Interesting..........

Awoke this a.m. earlier than usual, with Caylee (and the possible manner of her death) on my mind. My thoughts went to the red heart on the duct tape and her clothes. "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" - that hinder young mother's from living "La Bella Vita" - with increasingly articulate lips that perhaps tattle to Grandma. But with the application of three layers of duct tape, topped off with a red heart, her lips are sealed with a kiss. The kiss of death, which ensures her silence forever. RIP precious Caylee Marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288