Poll:Why Do You Think Cindy Is Protecting Casey???

What are Cindy's reasons for protecting Casey like she does?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cayleefan

Reaction score
This poll is multiple choice. How many of you are thinking that Cindy's reason's for protecting her daughter are any of these? I personally feel that Cindy, as well as George, know what Casey did to Caylee.

I think guilt is a factor, but mostly I think it's about control. IMO Cindy believes that she alone is in charge of punishing KC -- it's not anyone else's business.

I think guilt is a factor, but mostly I think it's about control. IMO Cindy believes that she alone is in charge of punishing KC -- it's not anyone else's business.

Good point. I should've had control as an option. :banghead:

I put none of the above. I believe there is skeleton's in the Anthony closet that Cindy does not want to be exposed by Casey.

i think they feel guilt...they are in denial....they know what she has done....but...they think it was an accident...and have forgiven her.....

I think that the only guilt that Cindy feels is that she could not protect Caylee. I think that since Cindy feels like she is in control of everyone and everything her guilt is that much worse.

I think that she was in denial because Casey showed Cindy how very little control she has over the situation. I voted that Cindy wants KC out in twenty five years to get control back. I don't think that Cindy will ever forgive KC and if KC is released Cindy will hold it over her head until her last dying breath.

George and Cindy will end their marriage, Lee will move on and have his own family, and the only one left will be KC. It will be one H3LL of a dysfunctional relationship it that happens

I think that the only guilt that Cindy feels is that she could not protect Caylee. I think that since Cindy feels like she is in control of everyone and everything her guilt is that much worse.

I think that she was in denial because Casey showed Cindy how very little control she has over the situation. I voted that Cindy wants KC out in twenty five years to get control back. I don't think that Cindy will ever forgive KC and if KC is released Cindy will hold it over her head until her last dying breath.

George and Cindy will end their marriage, Lee will move on and have his own family, and the only one left will be KC. It will be one H3LL of a dysfunctional relationship it that happens

It is so plausable that this could happen! Cindy will be about 75 I think and KC will be 48...they will live together when KC gets out of jail and it will be some new reality show....OMG.

I voted none of the above. I agree with Bam & also believe Cindy is humiliated that the family business..parenting style, Casey's lies, finances, etc....have been put on the line for all the world to see.

This sounds about right.

I voted none of the above

Having a daughter who would do something this horrible would reflect poorly on Cindy (to say the least). She can't allow that.

I voted none of the above. I believe it's all about control, control, control. CA must stay in control of everything, whether it be family secrets that she'd like to stay hidden or punishment for Casey. Everything must flow from and to CA.

First and foremost, I agree that Cindy probably does not want the whole ball of wax exposed. After all, she thought she could "control" her brother's and others ideas that Casey was a VIRGIN and NOT SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT at Cindy's brother's wedding. Ha ha. Cindy's brother has told it otherwise and the public knows. Cindy has to face up to all her lies she has used in the past to "protect" (enable) Casey.

Cindy didn't want the family laundry hung out to the world. But it has been. The world now knows about George's past, the family money situation, Casey's mess (murder, stealing, lying, etc. etc.).

You can bet Cindy had her eye on Casey to make the family proud: graduate high school, go to college. But things didn't turn out that way. Their lives uprooted, became public and the nightmare will never end.

Too bad everyone in the family can't be sent for psychological testing (like Bradley Cooper, in his murder case). That would be interesting.

I believe people like Cindy think that, hey, OJ Simpson got off on the murder of his wife, so Casey has a chance too. Hmpfh.

Last of all, Cindy must keep control of her domino-like world, because it's intermingled with so many lies and twists due to their dysfunctional issues that have morphed into a hot bubbling cauldron. It's gonna blow, I tell you! It already has. Those dominoes are shaky, falling, collapsing one by one. When the last one falls....

I checked 'none' because I believe control is the biggest factor in Cindy's protecting Casey.

-First I feel CA carries a lot of guilt -yet- now I feel CA has KC were she wants her, in jail for killing her Caylee, as long as KC keeps quiet about family issues. CA thinks she still is controlling KC's life, and CA is finally free now to pursue her own interest without KC's antics.

Secondly, I feel KC is far from over punishing her parents for putting Caylee first in their lives, especially CA. The only reason I think that the defense is keeping things so close to the vest is because they intend to disclose personal family issues at trial and throw the parents under the bus. Since hiring a reconstructive attorney, I wonder if Caylee did indeed get hurt during a family fight on the 15th, but that KC took Caylee and ran, thereby CA didn't know how badly she got hurt, and KC allowed her to die from injuries=
or KC intends to use the fight to claim she blacked out from CA choking her and she woke up to find Caylee in her trunk, after CA threw her and Caylee out-
KC may claim she lied about a ZFG to protect her mom, however, since CA has potenial to make a lot of money now, KC will not allow that-KC has made it perfectly clear- she is not taking the blame for anything- CA is well aware of this and is trying to do damage control- it has and will continue to be a battle of wills between them.

This poll is very interesting to me. I have a little daughter. I tried to put myself in CA's position... I tried so hard, and I've been very harsh that I WOULD NOT, under any circumstances, support my daughter if she did what almost all of us believe KC did, which was murder her baby girl.

I was talking to my mother about the case last night. I told her I had NO IDEA why CA was supporting KC, showing up at trial, defending her, etc.

My mother told me something that really stuck with me, and made me understand a bit about CA's mindset and where she is coming from.

My mother stressed that she hoped never to be in CA's position - but she told me that she understands CA.

She said (and I am paraphrasing this)

"That is still her baby girl. Her granddaughter is gone. She loves her daughter, and will love her forever. She may hate what she did, but it is still her daughter. You don't understand this yet, but someday you will. No matter what, a mother wants to protect her baby girl - to CA, KC is still her baby girl. She may be the worst human being on the planet, but she's still CA's little girl. "

She went on to explain this, and I was dumbfounded. I even put myself hypothetically in KC's place with my mother. I asked her if she would supportme, knowing how much my mother loves my daughter.

She told me that she would.

Now I am a young mother, and perhaps there is no way that I will comprehend this until my daughter grows up and has children of her own.

My mother said that a grandmother loves her grandchildren in a way that is so deep, but that nothing can ever replace the love a mother has for her child.

I don't know if I agree with my mother, but hearing my own mother talk about sympathizing with CA kind of put something I can't understand personally into perspective for me.

And as I watched my own little daughter sleep last night, I cried a little bit and I, for the first time, understood what pain and agony CA must be going through.

I see KC as a monster.

But for CA, she most likely looks at her daughter and sees that little girl she raised and loved so very much.

I checked the guilt & forgive her boxes, but I think there is also a psychological aspect to what Cindy is doing. I think to the As, it's a bit of a game, with lots of money at stake, and they want to win it (so to speak).

It is so plausable that this could happen! Cindy will be about 75 I think and KC will be 48...they will live together when KC gets out of jail and it will be some new reality show....OMG.
Bolded by me.
Man, that is going to be going through my head all day!!!!
Hilarious!
Lanie

I have had several theories about why Cindy is protecting Casey, but I really don't know if I am invested in any of them. I could never have been so blind to all the stuff done leading up to this horrible thing. If Casey was acting like this before she got pregnant with Caylee, IMO, it was Cindy's and GEORGE'S responsibility to deal with it, and do whatever they could to help her. Even after she was of adult age, she still lived with them, and they still had some power to try to get her help.
I don't seem to be able to bend my mind enough to understand this, because I really believe if Casey were somehow released today with all charges dropped, and all the media went away, where there was no one watching, if Casey were to get pregnant again this could very well play out exactly like before. I do not believe anyone in this family has learned one single thing from this tragedy.
Lanie

I know my thoughts about Cindy are not popular but I'll say it again.

If Cindy didn't parent the way she did, she wouldn't have created a monster that would kill her Grandchild (which she disgustingly thought of as her own baby and NOT grandbaby)... that Cindy is also very responsible for the death of Caylee IMO because she put certain things in motions and KC acted by killing what's closest to Cindy. If Cindy kept her mouth shut, didn't enable that girl and let her fall flat on her *advertiser censored*, she would now have custody of Caylee because KC was already headed to jail for theft etc. But she's the one that gave KC the final push...

YES EVERYONE KC is very accountable for her actions and I wish the DP was on the table, she's a grown up.

She's also a byproduct of her environment and if Cindy was a different mother towards KC - I guarantee that child would still be alive!

I know my thoughts about Cindy are not popular but I'll say it again.

If Cindy didn't parent the way she did, she wouldn't have created a monster that would kill her Grandchild (which she disgustingly thought of as her own baby and NOT grandbaby)... that Cindy is also very responsible for the death of Caylee IMO because she put certain things in motions and KC acted by killing what's closest to Cindy. If Cindy kept her mouth shut, didn't enable that girl and let her fall flat on her *advertiser censored*, she would now have custody of Caylee because KC was already headed to jail for theft etc. But she's the one that gave KC the final push...

YES EVERYONE KC is very accountable for her actions and I wish the DP was on the table, she's a grown up.

She's also a byproduct of her environment and if Cindy was a different mother towards KC - I guarantee that child would still be alive!

My only disagreement on your post is George is Casey's parent, too. IMO, they both bear responsibility for how Casey turned out, not just Cindy.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back