POLL: Will George and Cindy remain together in the wake of the trial?

Will George and Cindy's marriage make it beyond the trial?

• Yes

Votes: 255 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 371 59.3%

• Total voters

TexasLori

Reaction score
George said early on, to someone in LE I think, they he and Cindy would probably divorce over all this. He has had indiscretions, and many speculate she may have had a thing with DC way back when.

Magpie reports at The Hinky Meter on the goings on in the courtroom that we don't see, and she noticed during the state's case that George and Cindy seemed to be drifting apart. That they seemed so strong together in the beginning, but not so anymore.

I know the statistics are high for families who have lost a child to split. I would think this family would be at higher risk due to the loss of a child and all the other things that have happened over the last three years.

So.....do you all think they will make it?

At first, during the trial, they seemed to be reunited in doing the right thing by Caylee (and in their grief). Not so much now, George seems a little more maverick and somewhat being honest. Cindy reverted back to lying...

I'm saying YES because that is what I'm praying for. I hope they can keep being strong together because although the statistics are very high for divorcing after such a huge, stressful situation happening....the marriages that make it through something of this magnitude can be even stronger than we ever imagined.

That is what I pray that the A's find together now.

Despite their differences, I still think they love each other and need each other. I don't know what goes on between the two of them away from the public eye and I don't intend to speculate. I just honestly hope they can help each other get through this. Even despite Cindy's lies and trying to take the blame for her daughter, I just cannot find it in me to judge her. I can't imagine her situation, it has to be the worst ever.

And poor George, today was NOT his day. Imagine, sitting beside your wife in court during the murder trial in which your only daughter is accused of killing your only granddaughter, and your mistress is on the stand. That's what I call a bad day. JMO.

I voted yes. They have been together for 28 years now?
not to be mean but with ICA as a daughter it might make it real hard to get a "date"
maybe not..
I DO think they will be moving before too long now.
After they get the 2 mil for the movie and book...
moo

I don't believe it will be an immediate thing to happen if they do decide to part ways. But for the moment, financially and emotionally for them both? It's too soon to take that step. I personally couldn't do it after everything that has happened. But then again, we may be surprised. As we have been continually over the last 3 years with this family. Healing has to start somewhere. I just don't know where for this family. :(

I voted no but I will pray they make it through.

We can only hope that their marriage has gotten stronger in last few months. Their denial seems to be diminishing. They are accepting the fact Caylee is gone and ICA is the culprit of her demise. They have been betrayed and they had a thorn in their side for many years. Well, that thorn is about to be plucked . I hope they can be a truly united family now and find peace.

I hope they can work things out. Their life is very different then it was in June 2008. Cindy does not go to work now; I'm assuming George does not work now either. Lee is on his own and soon to marry. They will need an income, as they are much too young to just retire. What will they do? Be at home together getting on each other's nerves?
Will they support Casey or feel she is guilty? A lot depends on what their mindset will be.
I do hope they work things out.

I voted yes. They have been together for 28 years now?
not to be mean but with ICA as a daughter it might make it real hard to get a "date"
maybe not..
I DO think they will be moving before too long now.
After they get the 2 mil for the movie and book...
moo

BBM. I bet their house will sell for FAR beyond what it's worth. There's a market for that, like the murder memorabilia website and stuff.

I hope so. If for no other reason, I don't want to read about them in the news anymore.

We can only hope that their marriage has gotten stronger in last few months. Their denial seems to be diminishing. They are accepting the fact Caylee is gone and ICA is the culprit of her demise. They have been betrayed and they had a thorn in their side for many years. Well, that thorn is about to be plucked . I hope they can be a truly united family now and find peace.

I do hope and pray they have gotten stronger, too, I just feel they are at different stages of the process. George being much further along than Cindy.

Personally I hope that they don't stay together. Cindy is going to stay firmly behind KC as she has been. George needs to get out of the toxic relationship he is in. George needs to be his own man for a change. Perhaps if Cindy stood beside George when KC claimed abuse instead of lying for KC again on the stand, then I would feel differently.

I think they are both toxic people. For. The sake of others, I hope they stay together. That way the craziness will stay contained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they do whatever they choose to do and whatever works from them. It's not my business really although, I think in some ways, even though they seem to be on different sheets of papers concerning Casey, they seem to rely on and support each other. I wish them the best, whatever it turns out to be. They've suffered enough for one lifetime.

I think they will stay together - from an Italian Catholic family, first of all. And, really ... is there anyone else that even begins to understand what they have been through?

They are set for life, if they get a good agent and financial advisor; same for Lee. I see lots of pyschotherapy in their future. They won't visit KC because of the pain she has caused them, especially with this last ditch defense accusing her brother and father of molestation and pressuring the mother to perjure herself.

They will probably stay together, at least for a few years. CA will not like the idea of losing half of everything. There's going to be a bunch o' money at the end of this thing for them, for good or ill. The money will probably be the final straw, though. Both of them may spin in all sorts of directions when money makes things possible that formerly weren't.

:cow:

They have gone through an experience "together" not that many other people can relate to. They understand each other. I predict they will stay together, although GA will be on a short tether from now on. The rest of what goes on between them is just that......between them.

I voted no
BUT I think they will make everyone think they are still together. ie living together and all that but not together.
I get the feeling thats how it is now....
MOO

They've made it this far, so yes. And I hope they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back