Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Yes - someone will have a moment of conscience and confess all they know

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • No - 'the rice is cooked' and our grandchildren will be discussing the case

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • No because it's hard formally to pin a crime on a dead person

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters
Can you sue someone for agreeing with a Grand Jury?

It's not even about suing someone b/c they believe what the GJ voted on, but more about the fact that Kolar has the inside knowledge to back it up. Unlike the newspaper (National Ledger?) who first reported on the possibility of BRs involvement, Kolar knows every piece of evidence and studied the case officially for 2 years--unofficially for much longer. LS, on the other hand drew his conclusions after 3 days.

The evidence that Smit believed pointed to an intruder bitterly divided the detectives. He had only been on the job three days before he opined he didn't believe the parents were involved n the death of JonBenet.
(1508)

In case anyone didn't notice I'm reading again :blushing:

What I find really, really, really interesting, and telling is that after the publication of Kolar's book, we hear not a peep from JR, or any of his hired minions.

Why is that? Previously any claims made that showed the R clan in an unfavorable light were swiftly countered with public statements, and threats of lawsuits. Threats which proved successful in squashing the "details" of the story. Why not in this instance?

If JRB threatened to sue Kolar, I'm sure he would have said, "bring it on." Again, you've gotta ask why. I don't feel it's too much of a stretch to consider the fact that if a civil trail against Kolar was initiated, the Rs would not be afforded the 'rights' that the accused are protected by in a criminal trial. Instead all we have is the sound of crickets.

The more the public can begin to believe BR was responsible for his sister's death and the R involvement was only as accessories after the fact, the more and longer it keeps Mr. Ramsey out of the hot seat for any of the murder charges which would still be applicable in this crime.

Why would JR want to sue or rebutt Kolar when the book left many of us thinking both he and Patsy should probably be off the hook for JB's murder? Any other applicable charges to them have met the statute of limitations.

I think I am one of the few who saw Kolar's information as a disclosure of the complete spectrum of child abuse of both kids that had been ongoing in that house, and that by devoting an entire chapter to the behaviors of John Ramsey which were observed after the crime, he was asking us to look a little deeper into the aspects of JR's possible involvement. Think about the title of his book: Who Really Kidnapped Jon Benet Ramsey....

The RST team had to be VERY happy that the public view, in general, started to lead them to look at Burke and away from JR. No way would they disrupt that.

The more the public can begin to believe BR was responsible for his sister's death and the R involvement was only as accessories after the fact, the more and longer it keeps Mr. Ramsey out of the hot seat for any of the murder charges which would still be applicable in this crime.

Why would JR want to sue or rebutt Kolar when the book left many of us thinking both he and Patsy should probably be off the hook for JB's murder? Any other applicable charges to them have met the statute of limitations.

I think I am one of the few who saw Kolar's information as a disclosure of the complete spectrum of child abuse of both kids that had been ongoing in that house, and that by devoting an entire chapter to the behaviors of John Ramsey which were observed after the crime, he was asking us to look a little deeper into the aspects of JR's possible involvement. Think about the title of his book: Who Really Kidnapped Jon Benet Ramsey....

The RST team had to be VERY happy that the public view, in general, started to lead them to look at Burke and away from JR. No way would they disrupt that.

I am not so sure people who are BDI see the parents as being "off the hook". They were involved in the coverup at the very least and quite possibly in the strangulation. While Kolar, the GJ and others would have placed the blame for the head blow that would have caused her death with or without the strangulation, and likely the molestation as well, I don't see that the strangulation was specifically attributed to BR. It may be because it is just assumed BR was responsible for ALL of it, or it may be because it is impossible to determine whether both Patsy and JR were responsible for making that garrote or just one of them was. That may account for comments about there being no way to determine who did what. So to me, a BDI theory (or a BDI FACT) does not let the parents off the hook by any means. Somebody in that house strangled JB and I am not so sure it was BR.

Hmmm, interesting. Not sure if I agree completely though. If Kolar let's JR off the hook as you see it, or at least points perception away from him, why were the Rs so quick to threaten litigation against the NE when they first started stirring the BDI pot years ago?

I also agree with DD249s post that just bc someone is BDI, doesn't mean they feel the parents are completely innocent of facilitating her murder.

It's a convoluted case. On one hand, experts believe the head blow was 1st, which if that had been it, she would have surely died without immediate help. But her actual cause of death was strangulation.....so who did that? Was it part of staging, or was it as some experts believe the initial aspect of the crime? If BDI, did he inflict the head blow and the strangulation, or just the head blow? If just the head blow, then someone else strangled JB, and could therefore be charged with murder. IMO the GJ indictments point to this as well, bc if not for BR involvement (which is what BDI believes) all the rest would have never taken place.

I actually feel that is what Kolar suggests. I haven't reread the book again in its entirety, I've just been skimming so I need to focus on that again. Also, IIRC the FBI as well as some on BPD felt the crime scene did indicate there were 2 perpetrators.

I am not so sure people who are BDI see the parents as being "off the hook". They were involved in the coverup at the very least and quite possibly in the strangulation. While Kolar, the GJ and others would have placed the blame for the head blow that would have caused her death with or without the strangulation, and likely the molestation as well, I don't see that the strangulation was specifically attributed to BR. It may be because it is just assumed BR was responsible for ALL of it, or it may be because it is impossible to determine whether both Patsy and JR were responsible for making that garrote or just one of them was. That may account for comments about there being no way to determine who did what. So to me, a BDI theory (or a BDI FACT) does not let the parents off the hook by any means. Somebody in that house strangled JB and I am not so sure it was BR.

BBM. Totally agree, DD249. Kolar's book is my own personal favorite. He convinced me that there was something in Burke's state of being at the time of JB's death that should make me wonder how BOTH of those kids ended up as victims.

I had to look at the parents, especially with the bed-wetting and encopresis history of both kids and the fact that it was so lightly regarded as problematic by either of the parents. And, that at six years old JB had already become adept at demonstrating the ability to perform in a sexually suggestive manner at beauty pageants. That was learned behavior.

There is no doubt in my mind that the R's, particularly one of them had a hand in the final strangulation of JonBenet, JMO, of course. But, with the information Kolar gave leading us to discover so much about Burke's behaviors, it helped to diminish the fact that he could NOT have been involved.

While the R's did spend a good amount of time and money early on trying to keep Burke's reputation unscathed, I think they came to see that as long as people could suspect their son might have had responsibility for any of the damage that night, it would help to keep a greater amount of suspicion away from them. Once Patsy died, JR himself said very little about BR anywhere. The healthier BR would have appeared to the public, the more it would have directed us back to look at JR. If the public is allowed to wonder about the emotional and mental health of Burke, there will continue to be speculation that he was key in the crime, which reduces the focus on a parent as a primary suspect in her death.

JR breathes a lot easier, IMO, knowing he is outside the statute of limitations on some charges related to the crime that could have been applicable. With BDI being such a strong theory for so many, it must just add more to JR's breathing space.

As time goes on, we have more and more information. As has been said, still, we know only 10% of what LE had. With what LE did have, even in the beginning, PLUS what the FBI knew, pointed to the fact that JonBenet was killed by someone in that house. My belief is that all 3 had a hand in her death. The grand jury was ready to endite. I think the case has been "solved", BUT JUSTICE HAS NOT BEEN SERVED. We just do not know which Ramsey played what part in this viscious crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back