Poll: Will you buy Mark Furhman's New Book in which he identifies who killed JBR?

Does the Mark Fuhrman book mark the beginning of the new RDI revolution

• Yes

Votes: 85 59.9%
  • No

Votes: 57 40.1%

• Total voters
If I had been in his position, and the prosecution asked me, "have you ever referred to a black person as a ," I most likely would have done the same as him. And do you know why? Because it wasn't relevant. In fact, I'd go further than that. I would have told Clark and Darden flat-out: "this is a GIANT mistake. The defense has got a ring in your nose. You are playing their game, and that's not going to work."

OJ's defense team pulled off a real coup. They didn't argue the evidence. They put the police on trial. And it worked because, as Lee Bailey said it, they had the right jury. They wanted a jury made up of blacks who were poor, uneducated, lived in bad neighborhoods and had at least one relative who had had a bad experience with the law.

You're partly right. Up until the OJ trial, it was practically a part of everyday speech. Watch Pulp Fiction sometime and try to count how many times it's used by blacks and whites. But when Fuhrman got caught using it, suddenly everyone remebered what a horrible term it is. BS!

No, he didn't. He just confirmed it in the minds of a jury primed to believe the worst about cops.

Thus, I'll ask AGAIN: what does that have to do with THIS case? The suspects were two wealthy, white people with connections. BIG ones. In fact (and I realize this is a cheap shot) I wouldn't be surprised if some of Patsy's relatives used the N word at some point! She herself came very close to that when she told the police that it was "strange" to see black kids in their Boulder neighborhood.

I can see why Mark Fuhrman and Steve Thomas are so close: because the Rs and their collaborators tried to do to him what OJ's lawyers did to Mark. They're STILL doing it.
ITA.

Clarke and Darden were played like a fiddle, Darden being goaded by Cochran into having OJ try the gloves is perhaps the most outrageous example.
Fuhrman was an undeserving scapegoat in this epic train wreck.

You know, Dave, I plan on getting around to reading Furhman's book sooner or later. BUT I would rather read yours right now! Probably everyone on this board does as well. I don't ever remember anticipating a book this much since waiting on that darn sequel to "Gone With the Wind".

You know, Dave, I plan on getting around to reading Furhman's book sooner or later. BUT I would rather read yours right now! Probably everyone on this board does as well. I don't ever remember anticipating a book this much since waiting on that darn sequel to "Gone With the Wind".

I'm flattered, beck. But finding a good publisher is darn hard!

I'm sure it is and believe me, if I knew one, I would send him to you pronto! But let's not give up hope. I have faith it will happen and faith is all it takes!

What does Mark Furhman using the N-word have to do with OJ? Those were two completely different situations. Using the N-word is unacceptable regardless if other people have done much worse.

It has everything to do with OJ. Because he said that word, he was painted as a racist. And because he was painted as a racist, he was suspected of planting evidence. He may or may not be a racist, but I think we all know (even the jury) that OJ killed his wife and her friend.
Using that word is unacceptable, but it isn't illegal and it certainly doesn't compare to murder. And it should never have been used as an excuse to let a murderer go free.
You can't control people's thoughts. You can't legislate thoughts or hatred. All you can do is try to prevent certain thoughts or beliefs from endangering the public.

ITA.

Clarke and Darden were played like a fiddle, Darden being goaded by Cochran into having OJ try the gloves is perhaps the most outrageous example.
Fuhrman was an undeserving scapegoat in this epic train wreck.

Darden knew they were going to lose before the case started. In Jury selection

Let's be honest with our audience here Dave. It is not really about finding a good publisher now is it? If I tried to write a book about the American Revolution nobody is gonna listen are they? A man has to know his limitations.

I just purchased this book...was hoping for a fresh take on the case, but basically this is just a rehash of Steve Thomas' theory with some Wecht thrown in (but no connection between the two).

Just out of curiosity mark furman had nothing at all to do with this case or am i wrong about that .

I love mark furhman and I couldnt be happier that he has gone on to be successful after being the scapegoat in the OJ trial. I say good for him!!

So who does Furhman say JB's killer is?? (please PM me if posting it would be considered a "spoiler")

Let's be honest with our audience here Dave. It is not really about finding a good publisher now is it? If I tried to write a book about the American Revolution nobody is gonna listen are they? A man has to know his limitations.

Allow me to be blunt, pilgrim: what the devil are you talking about?

...I would rather read yours right now!...

Ditto! Hope you find a good publisher! I'm sure you've already looked into self-publishing (not as easy as it's made out to be).

Note - I did read Fuhrman's book (didn't buy it, borrowed from my public library!)...nothing to write home about, nothing new or earth shattering.

I know you have your tiffs here w/ SD, but to insult him is just out-of-bounds. We all have our dreams, our passions; it's just bitter-tasting bad karma to insult SD's hope to publish.

I'm sure your abilities have been judged or doubted meanly in your life. Disagree with SD about RDI, but to insult says so much more about you than it does about anything you were hoping.

Please don't be unproductively mean. TIA.

Before I forget: The Ramseys did it. And just because I agree with SD on THAT point has nothing to do with this post here.
But they did it. Patsy wrote the note. No fairies, trolls, or unicorns: Ramseys did it.

I know you have your tiffs here w/ SD, but to insult him is just out-of-bounds. We all have our dreams, our passions; it's just bitter-tasting bad karma to insult SD's hope to publish.

I'm sure your abilities have been judged or doubted meanly in your life. Disagree with SD about RDI, but to insult says so much more about you than it does about anything you were hoping.

Before I forget: The Ramseys did it. And just because I agree with SD on THAT point has nothing to do with this post here.
But they did it. Patsy wrote the note. No fairies, trolls, or unicorns: Ramseys did it.

Thanks, ahoyhoy, but it makes no difference to me. He's always been like that. If he were to change now, it would worry me. Like Ol' Blue Eyes said in the song, "as funny as it may seem, some people get their kicks by stomping on a dream."

I am sorry you feel that way. I respect the fact we have differing opinions. I tried to make peace as well. Dave and I went through the process of debate, discussion and came up stale mate. Unfortunately, Dave started a post about me personally that i found offensive. If Dave gets a book published I will buy it and read it. I just doubt it happens. In no way do I have the power, ability, nor desire to stomp on his dreams.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back