PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Pontiac: The odor, sealing off & processing the car #2

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by BondJamesBond, Dec 8, 2009.

1. BondJamesBond

BondJamesBond Blunt Instrument

Anyone have the link handy to the LEO that processed the car? I distinctly remember going through it in detail because someone originally suggested that it indicated scratches INSIDE the trunk - which made my heart sink into my stomach. When I found the report it seemed to suggest the scratches were on the outside...but I do recall some paperwork w/ the report...and perhaps even another tow ticket from Johnston's Tow Yard to take it to the CSI Forensics bay.

I've visited enough broken links for one night trying to get orig 400 pg docs. :banghead:

2. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

It might be posted in this thread. we have plenty of conflicting info.

3. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

4. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

Here's a link to the first 400 + page release, if you think it's in there:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

5. BondJamesBond

Thanks, AZ. :blowkiss: I found the post from 9/1/08 (geez) saying its on pg 294...off to look: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2596630&postcount=62"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching Central Windy Park?[/ame]

ETA: It's in there. Still looking @ it. But I think the confusion came from the date of Beasley's affidavit. Looks like it is dated 7/17...perhaps because they worked so late on 7/16 processing the car. It does state explicitly that Beasley sealed the car...but seems kinda moot 'cause it reads like Beasley was there continuously from the time of arrival to the time it was towed.

The Pontiac was collected along w/ the computers per the report...which starts around handwritten page 292. Someone w/ faster download speed please take a look.

So...my apologies re: 7/17 vs. 7/16. At least it kinda makes sense now. :bang:

6. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

It looks like the car was inspected, at the forensics bay, 7/16 at 19:46 (7:46pm), on a verbal from Melich from George.

Page 2

On July 16, 2008 at approximately 1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at theForensics Unit (garage area). Detective Beasley stated she Impounded the vehicle mentionedabove from 4937 Hopespring Dr.,

I asked Detective Beasley if I needed a search warrant to process the vehicle. Detective Beasleyproceeded to call Detective Yuri Melich. Detective Melich informed Detective Beasley that theowner consented to the search. Sgt. Allen from the Child Abuse Unit arrived at the Forensicsgarage.

7. JBean

Thaks beanE i think that was posted earler. but what we need to know is when it was taped off. Once it was taped off no one could tamper with it so it doesn't matter when they inspected it at the forensics bay..excpet we know it had to be taped before 19:46.

8. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Now, I have a legal question...because YM asked for the car to be sealed almost simultaneously with charging Casey is one thing dependent on the other?

9. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Ummmm... Bond asked for a link and I went and searched for one and provided the link to the document I thought Bond was looking for.

I included that other information about the verbal approval because of the posts about the 9:30 apparantly written affidavit.

I guess I'll shut up now.

10. christee

christee Yup, I'm listening

11. BondJamesBond

...Beasley stated following the car being towed and CSI stated it arriving <7:46PM. George's release of the car said 9:30PM IIRC. Perhaps just a lag in the paperwork, eh?

Car wasn't sealed until sometime 7/16PM then, JBean.

12. BondJamesBond

I dunno how you do it, BeanE. :blowkiss:

Guess if someone wanted to plow into George's cell records (if date range allows...I don't recall) and see if the call from LE "prior to sending Detective Beasley" shows up there w/ a timestamp. Seems like the George cell records don't extend out that far :waitasec:

ETA: If McBryde was w/ George getting the trash bag...perhaps that explains why the time on his statement 9:30PM is kinda late. IOW...he signed the statement upon returning to the house w/ McBryde after giving a verbal to Yuri to take the car.

I think I've mucked things up enough for one night. I'm toast. :bang:

13. JBean

I agree so it was left unsealed somewhere between:
    worst case=9:45 pm (911 call) to 7:45 pm (process time) 22 hours
    best case= 1:30 am (YM arrives)to 4:30 pm (earliest possible time)-15 hours

Either which way a long time.

14. JBean

:blowkiss:

thanks for all your hard work BeanE. You are a research machine.

15. christee

christee Yup, I'm listening

I think I might have been the one to throw a wrench into things and cause confusion. I promise I was trying to help!:smile:
    I knew the Doc I wanted to find but it took me forever to track it down-just didn't realize BeanE had already posted it!
    Thanks for not giving me a verbal "smack-down!".:thumb:

16. JWG

JWG Active Member

George's cell records show a single call incoming call from Yuri on the 16th of July, none occurring on the 17th:

So if this is the call, then Yuri was considering securing the car before he and John Allen took KC to Universal. :waitasec:

17. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This is the updated timeline on the car with all the new credited information:

Vehicle timeline

July 15

*8:08 pm 1st 911 call Cindy takes Casey to Police Dept. but it is closed she calls another department
    http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html

*8:44 pm 2nd 911 call
    http://www.wftv.com/video/16980843/index.html

*9:41 pm 3rd 911 call
    http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

quoting JBean

* 9:50 pm George returns home and sees Cindy in the garage crying when he arrived

July 16

* 00:45AM Yuri was contacted

Quoting BeanE: ~Note: corrected time~

* 11:54am Yuri&#8217;s call to George according to JWG's post
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4536500&postcount=876"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

* 12:30PM Yuri sent for Casey to be picked up

BeanE&#8217;s info from Yuri&#8217;s write up:
    * 4:33PM Casey arrested and while Yuri was writing up KC's charging affidavit he instructed &#8220;Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car&#8221;...(seal/ tape the car).

Also from BeanE&#8217;s info:

* 7:46 pm from BeanE&#8217;s info

from JWG&#8217;s post [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532032&postcount=791"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

* 7:46pm Bloise's CSI report indicates he began processing the car

Adding Bond's info:
    Note: #2 conflicts with other statement

Please feel free to make any corrections.

18. JBean

Thanks harmony.
    It may not be exact but I think we can say with 100% certainty that the car was not sealed off after LE became aware of the decomp smell for anywhere from 15-22 hours.
    Establishing a minimum was as important as anything.

Great teamwork!

19. cloud9

cloud9 New Member

1) LE Recovered the trash bag from tow yard dumpster ~9:30PM
    2) LE Arrived @ G&C's ~9:45PM to secure the car (as indicated by George's statement, but, he says 9:30PM)
    3) LE snapped the digital pic of the sideyard ~9:50PM

I never knew that pic was snapped of the side yard so quickly. Makes me wonder why LE was in a hurry to get it.

20. thedeviledadvocate

thedeviledadvocate New Member

So if I am understanding this timeline correctly, then the white trash bag that I had thought was at the towyard in the dumpster for only a few hours, from 2pm to 10pm 8 hrs on the 15th, was actually in that dumpster from roughly 2pm on the 15th until somewhere between 7:30 abd 9:30 on the 16th, or roughly 30 hours?