Pontiac: The odor, sealing off & processing the car #2

Maybe GA said he had already looked in the trunk and didn't see a body? But with a smell that strong, and a baby missing, I would have immediately thought 'wheel well'.

If any of them looked in the trunk, would they not have noted it anywhere?

Don't mean to interrupt, but I thought Cindy was the one that got a phone # out of the vehicle. Did LE as well? TIA!

Maybe GA said he had already looked in the trunk and didn't see a body? But with a smell that strong, and a baby missing, I would have immediately thought 'wheel well'.

If any of them looked in the trunk, would they not have noted it anywhere?
If GA said the car smells like a dead body but he looked and there is not one in there, dontcha think they would want to take a little peek?
But if they did look, they had to have smelled it and the bells and whistles would have been blaring.

Don't mean to interrupt, but I thought Cindy was the one that got a phone # out of the vehicle. Did LE as well? TIA!

I have it posted in here somewhere with a link. One of the first responders got a piece of paper with an address (either TL or RM) on it out of the car before Yuri got to the house. I think it was in Yuri's investigative report.

I have it posted in here somewhere with a link. One of the first responders got a piece of paper with an address (either TL or RM) on it out of the car before Yuri got to the house. I think it was in Yuri's investigative report.

It was RM's address...232 Glenwood...Yuri noted that ZFG's former residence was across the street from this one in his report.

If GA said the car smells like a dead body but he looked and there is not one in there, dontcha think they would want to take a little peek?
But if they did look, they had to have smelled it and the bells and whistles would have been blaring.

See that's just it JBean, I didn't think that LE even went into the vehicle until it was impounded. Of course I prolly am remembering totally wrong!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4537322&postcount=28"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Pontiac: Sealing off and processing the car #2[/ame]

See that's just it JBean, I didn't think that LE even went into the vehicle until it was impounded. Of course I prolly am remembering totally wrong!
Damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

IF they did inspect and didn't react it was a blunder.
If they didn't inspect after they were told it was dead body smell it was a blunder.

I don't think that I ever knew that..or if I did, I forgot that I did, lol.

JBean, in all the digging I've done (and you know that's a heck of a lot), I haven't seen one thing about any LE opening the trunk.

I feel sick.

:eek: are you thinking that caylee could have still been in there?

forgive me....how many hours was the car left at the A's before LE took it...or how long was it *out of sight* that someone could have taken anything...out of the trunk?

i will look back......but dont want to :)

Cindy rummaged around the car 7/15 and found Amy's number. Cindy called Amy @ 6:33PM before heading off to pick her up @ the Mall. IIRC, Cindy returned home from work earlier that afternoon

Oh yes they should have looked anyway. I'm just trying to think of why they might not have. An incompetent (or lazy or stupid or shortsighted) person would tell themselves they didn't need to look because grandpa already had.

I don't think anybody popped that trunk. I can not think of any good or valid reason for them not to have. Especially if GA was using the present tense.

Damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

IF they did inspect and didn't react it was a blunder.
If they didn't inspect after they were told it was dead body smell it was a blunder.

That's what I was thinking as I was typing. Not good either way.
Not that it should matter, as the smell should have still been horrendous, but do we know if the A's had the car airing out the majority of that time?

Cindy rummaged around the car 7/15 and found Amy's number. Cindy called Amy @ 6:33PM before heading off to pick her up @ the Mall. IIRC, Cindy returned home from work earlier that afternoon

Thanks Bond, that's what I remembered. I didn't realize that LE had also been in the pontiac. ..

Not that it should matter, as the smell should have still been horrendous, but do we know if the A's had the car airing out the majority of that time?
Doesn't matter. GA and CA BOTH reported to LE that not only did the car stink when they got it but they both said it smelled like a dead body.
Doesn't get any clearer than that.

:eek: are you thinking that caylee could have still been in there?

forgive me....how many hours was the car left at the A's before LE took it...or how long was it *out of sight* that someone could have taken anything...out of the trunk?

i will look back......but dont want to :)

FWIW...the chemical composition in the trunk samples was consistent w/ early decomposition. There are specific products (i.e. "markers") that appear as decomp progresses. What they found was consistent w/ the body coming out of contact w/ the trunk 6/19-6/20.

Further, Casey's interactions w/ the Pontiac >6/20 strongly suggest the body was no longer in the trunk. We've detailed that in the ping threads FYI, esp. 6/23. HTH.

FWIW...the chemical composition in the trunk samples was consistent w/ early decomposition. There are specific products (i.e. "markers") that appear as decomp progresses. What they found was consistent w/ the body coming out of contact w/ the trunk 6/19-6/20.

Further, Casey's interactions w/ the Pontiac >6/20 strongly suggest the body was no longer in the trunk. We've detailed that in the ping threads FYI, esp. 6/23. HTH.

I agree it's highly improbable that Caylee's body was still in the trunk. I still feel like puking though.

I can't cite it @ the moment, but, IIRC, George took the battery out w/ the car in the garage. When Lee arrived 7/15PM the car was in the garage airing out. So...it was ventilating from time George drove it out of the towyard w/ the windows down...to the time it was closed up and moved to the curb...speculating that happened 7/16AM.

Dunno if they closed it up before LE arrived, but, Lee commented about sitting in the garage w/ Casey & the car and the stench.

I don't know if LE retrieved RM's address directly...perhaps indirectly from Cindy. Recall that Cindy gave Det. Beasley items that included several papers. Perhaps Cindy found the address and gave it to the LEO that reported it to Yuri...:waitasec: In that scenario LE may never have come in contact w/ the car until 7/16.

thats what i thought.....but just needed to make it so :biggrin:

you never know around here......:dance:

Doesn't matter. GA and CA BOTH reported to LE that not only did the car stink when they got it but they both said it smelled like a dead body.
Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Very true...and even operating on the assumption that LE truly did not believe that they were dealing with a murder at first......IDK, lol..I just can't even come up with a possible reason that they didn't check. Unless like BeanE said (but not in these words) someone fell down on the job...maybe with one officer thinking another officer had looked..

I wonder..at what point did they have an o chit moment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back