Poss. child predator with WA plates in Santa Barbara CA

Kimster totally got my drift, with the luring line and the van with no windows. Yesterday, I was taking a walk around the neighborhood and I remember looking at all of the vans with no windows, and they were white at that. Vans with no windows in the back creep me out instantaneously.
Why? Because most people can write them off as being a work van. I have researched many crime reports of using such a van to kidnap victims and hide them in the back.

i wonder if there is a link here to Lindsey....there were some things stated about a *rumor* of a white car following her or her friends??? i know my daughter might say....car...instead of van.....the white part/WA plates got my attention :eek:

:clap: do you know how awesome you guys are!!!! :clap:

is there a way to sleuth any so with white vans and/or salt and pepper hair? in their 50's or so? perhaps connections to CA? :)

Probably not in our means of doing, TakeNote, but good idea. You know, they really should include vehicle info in SO registrations. Like, list vehicles that are registered to them or that they are known to drive. Of course this wouldn't help all the time, as they can borrow vehicles and whatnot, but it would sure help the public.

Probably not in our means of doing, TakeNote, but good idea. You know, they really should include vehicle info in SO registrations. Like, list vehicles that are registered to them or that they are known to drive. Of course this wouldn't help all the time, as they can borrow vehicles and whatnot, but it would sure help the public.

you are so right on about that.....why hasnt that already been done...really...makes since....they should have to register address and any vehicle they drive!....even if the barrow someone car...they should have to let thier PO know about it...it should be part of their release!....these perps need strong punishments, control and supervision!!! when these perps do the things they do...they should lose all their freedoms!

i also was thinking could we look at all the so's in washington and narrow them down to 50's salt and pepper hair? and then see if there is a connection to McCleary or surrounding area? and then a connection to CA?

i know its a lot of work....but if someone is up to it and has time...that could be a start....

its so hard with this case....it could be anyone...that isnt a S.O.

i have to continue to put my faith in LE and the FBI that they think of the same stuff i do .....i just want to see these kids come home...safe and sound....:confused:

In Oregon, a person's drivers license is required to register a vehicle. I am sure other states require a person's drivers license to register a vehicle. The drivers license photo & driver's description is available.

Also, many states do include a vehicle in the sex offender (SO) registry.

I sent an email to one of the reporter's covering the Orcutt story. Asked her to consider doing a story covering the Washington/Lindsey Baum missing angle. I have not heard one word back from her. I'm thinking maybe she had today off or she is on vacation? I don't know but generally when I email a reporter, I hear back from them fairly quickly. Puzzles me..... I'm hoping she is just checking things out?

Salem

In Oregon, a person's drivers license is required to register a vehicle. I am sure other states require a person's drivers license to register a vehicle. The drivers license photo & driver's description is available.

Also, many states do include a vehicle in the sex offender (SO) registry.
The problem is a lot of RSOs can't find reliable employment and are not registered car owners so it is an unreliable method to keep track of what they drive.

The information should be listed on the RSO sites with their photos and addresses. If they do have access to vehicles, those should be listed along with the license plate numbers, imo. Heck, we have to give that information when we register to stay at a hotel/motel! Why shouldn't they have to give it to stay anywhere in our society?

I sent an email to one of the reporter's covering the Orcutt story. Asked her to consider doing a story covering the Washington/Lindsey Baum missing angle. I have not heard one word back from her. I'm thinking maybe she had today off or she is on vacation? I don't know but generally when I email a reporter, I hear back from them fairly quickly. Puzzles me..... I'm hoping she is just checking things out?

Salem
Unless there is a connection besides the WA plate, it is doubtful she will include Lindsey's case. The white car issue is still considered a "rumor" and she will be hard pressed to get it from LE or the FBI during this investigation.

I hope she is checking into it, but chances are good there is nothing to connect the dots on this one.

The problem is a lot of RSOs can't find reliable employment and are not registered car owners so it is an unreliable method to keep track of what they drive.

The information should be listed on the RSO sites with their photos and addresses. If they do have access to vehicles, those should be listed along with the license plate numbers, imo. Heck, we have to give that information when we register to stay at a hotel/motel! Why shouldn't they have to give it to stay anywhere in our society?

My ex has a relative that is a tier I offender, family offense when he was 14. He has to register and he doesn't have a license. However, his dad lets him drive his vehicles anyway! There isn't a way to control what they drive, unfortunately. They could even rent a car!

BTW, he didn't notify the state when he moved and ended up spending a month in jail for neglecting to update. Good thing!

Unless there is a connection besides the WA plate, it is doubtful she will include Lindsey's case. The white car issue is still considered a "rumor" and she will be hard pressed to get it from LE or the FBI during this investigation.

I hope she is checking into it, but chances are good there is nothing to connect the dots on this one.

You could be right SS, I was hoping though that she would at least write back and say LE found no connection or that the guy's plates were not really from WA or something so that we could quit wondering and move on.

I just want to know that someone looked into the incident and made a determination one way or the other. :confused:

Salem

Salem~ It is a great idea, don't get me wrong. I think a big part of the reason we aren't hearing anything from LE is because of the FBI. I hope she does check it out and gets a response. It would nice to hear something. :)

Kimster~ I didn't even think about rental cars. Gosh, does your relative have any idea what could happen to him if there was an accident and they sued? The insurance company wouldn't cover that son. People take a lot of risks, don't they?

It would still be a step in the right direction if we could just get an idea of what they are supposed to be driving tho. I think if their PO saw "white panel van with no windows" on their report...it might give them a reason to watch the guy a bit closer. ;) Just a thought.

No doubt, several of you other sleuths are googling: Man in white van/white cargo van abduction.

It's amazing to me how many sex offenders whether registered or not, use these cargo vans without windows as their abduction vehicle of choice.

Salem~ It is a great idea, don't get me wrong. I think a big part of the reason we aren't hearing anything from LE is because of the FBI. I hope she does check it out and gets a response. It would nice to hear something. :)

Kimster~ I didn't even think about rental cars. Gosh, does your relative have any idea what could happen to him if there was an accident and they sued? The insurance company wouldn't cover that son. People take a lot of risks, don't they?

It would still be a step in the right direction if we could just get an idea of what they are supposed to be driving tho. I think if their PO saw "white panel van with no windows" on their report...it might give them a reason to watch the guy a bit closer. ;) Just a thought.

SS: This is my ex's family. No one ever listened to me. One reason he is my ex :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back