Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chilicothe club was the one I was sure was the site when they said in Peoria County, but east of Peoria, before the correction. There's a strip of land between highway 29 and the Illinois River that has been used as a sportsmen's/gun club.

The Chilicothe location is not near the "real" site at all, but maybe the club has two sites?

OK, I'm going to attempt to load this parcel map. We'll see how it goes lol. OOPS Alwan not Arwan --sorry guys

arwan2.jpg

Thanks to another site (don't know if we can mention it) this article was found....talk about confusing...

snipped
Even the animal skeletons discovered during the day of digging were 40 to 50 years old — indicating nothing had been buried there more recently.

“There was nothing fresh at all,” said anthropologist Alan Harn, an assistant curator at the Dickson Mounds Museum near downstate Lewistown who frequently assists the State Police on searches.

and then further down in the article:

“I suspect I’ll probably be going back out there,” Harn added.

A State Police spokesman wouldn’t confirm that investigators plan to return to the site, but hinted more work might done there soon.

“I certainly wouldn’t close the door to this week,” Master Sgt. Tom Burek said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/2365010,stacy-peterson-dig-fruitless-060710.article

talk about confusing....:waitasec:
1) bones were 40-50 yrs old - that would mean ground not disturbed in the last couple of years correct?
2) yet he wants ISP to get ground penetrating radar or magnetometer - why...if the ground hasn't been disturbed and the bones are 40-50 yrs old
3) Thinks he will be going back out there

WTH??? either the ground was disturbed or it wasn't....:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

JMOO but there is alot more going on here than possum bones....

and another article about the search
snipped
The anthropologist who helped authorities search for Stacy Peterson's body on a farm near Peoria over the weekend said only a shallow drain and a pair of opossum skeletons have been found so far.

Cadaver dogs led authorities to three locations on the overgrown property near Kickapoo Creek and the most promising one was excavated on Saturday, said anthropologist Alan Harn. No human remains were found.

The search was halted Saturday night, and it's not clear when or if it will resume. An Illinois State Police spokesman did not immediately return a call this afternoon.

Harn has recommended that authorities use ground-penetrating radar to refine their search of the property. He said authorities also could use an earthmover to scrape off the topsoil and look for burial sites.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...yields-possum-bones-but-no-human-remains.html

This article also references the sportsman club

Is it just me or have we heard totally different amt of places that were excavated? One report said Harn excavated 3 sites hit by the dogs....the other one said 2 sites and now the last one I posted says 1 site.....

and another article about the search
snipped
The anthropologist who helped authorities search for Stacy Peterson's body on a farm near Peoria over the weekend said only a shallow drain and a pair of opossum skeletons have been found so far.

Cadaver dogs led authorities to three locations on the overgrown property near Kickapoo Creek and the most promising one was excavated on Saturday, said anthropologist Alan Harn. No human remains were found.

The search was halted Saturday night, and it's not clear when or if it will resume. An Illinois State Police spokesman did not immediately return a call this afternoon.

Harn has recommended that authorities use ground-penetrating radar to refine their search of the property. He said authorities also could use an earthmover to scrape off the topsoil and look for burial sites.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...yields-possum-bones-but-no-human-remains.html

This article also references the sportsman club

I can not figure out why Harn is saying anything and I do not believe this is a slip of the tongue.

He said authorities also could use an earthmover to scrape off the topsoil and look for burial sites.

I don't know why Harn is saying anything. He is a pro and he works for the state.

look for burial sites..............
that is very scarey.........to me I always thought DP was a serial murderer / hitman.
now BBM faqvorite dumping grounds for DP????

Just pray the info from the sourse is reliable and true!!!

I am really thinking of how hard this must be for some families, esp Stacy's and friends

look for burial sites..............
that is very scarey.........to me I always thought DP was a serial murderer / hitman.
now BBM faqvorite dumping grounds for DP????

Just pray the info from the sourse is reliable and true!!!

Me too.

Sorry guys - couldn't get to the airport tonight - my son just got in from class. It actually went the entire time tonight of all nights and then he went out with a couple of friends to get something to eat.

I admit to not following this case very closely.....

Some of you have mentioned that DP had an airplane hanger?

Was he a pilot? Did he have an airplane?

There is a very small airport/landing strip RIGHT BEHIND KROGERS on Knoxville Ave in Peoria ... probably 15 mins from the location they are searching. The airport is called Mt. Hawley.

Do you think he flew her down here??? Long shot??? Catch me up, people!

Not sure if this will help but here's what info I gathered back in 2008 on Drew Peterson's Aquilla Trike that he kept at the Cushing Field Ltd in Newark, Illinois. Peterson also belonged to a Duck Club but I don't know that we ever found out the name of the club.

Stacy Peterson Case - Airports (Cushing Field Ltd)
4076 N Il Route 71 Newark, IL 60541 (815) 695-5646

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_airports_cushing.htm

Peterson's former best buddy, Ric Mims was on the Mike and Juliet Show 01/25/08: MIMS: (quote) "The only thing I found out so far, that he has told me personally, is that he drove down to the airport [Cushing Field] where he kept his ultra light plane to put his FAA stickers on, which aren’t due till the first of the year and we’re talking he went down on the day she went missing." (unquote)

More early info about Peterson as told by Mims here:
http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_witness_mims.htm

ACR

ACR - do you have any info as to whatever happened with Michael Robinson and the charges he was facing for witness intimidation? His case was listed on the Will County site for months, rolling over month to month, year after year, and now, nothing.

TIA

Clow Airport is right near his house and he supposedly went there to put new registration stickers on his plane (IIRC). I believe it's an ultralight and from what I can remember reading he wouldn't have been able to put anything with any weight into it (or something to that effect)....like a 1 person plane with no extra space....and this is from memory so if I'm wrong please someone correct me...

I just think it is really weird that the same type of helicopter you just stated landed at Clow on Saturday and my husband actually saw it. But he just thought it was "a helicopter landing - how was I supposed to know I should mention it to you?"

I just told him to get in the car and go by the airport and check to see if any unoccupied ISP cars are parked where you can see them but forgot my son has the car and won't be home till later - so we can't go check....:banghead:

Clow Airport is the airport that is within walking distance of the Peterson home. I think DP kept his ultralight at another airport (can't remember the name) some distance away, outside of Bolingbrook.

It was an ultralight, a one-person glider plane. I don't think you have to have a pilots license or anything to fly one, and DP couldn't have used it to transport Stacy's body anywhere.

Many thanks to ACR for the name of the airport - Cushing Field - where Drew kept his ultralight.

Clow Airport is the airport that is within walking distance of the Peterson home. I think DP kept his ultralight at another airport (can't remember the name) some distance away, outside of Bolingbrook.

It was an ultralight, a one-person glider plane. I don't think you have to have a pilots license or anything to fly one, and DP couldn't have used it to transport Stacy's body anywhere.

Yeah it was cushing field where he kept it at and he took the boys with him when he went to put the sticker on it that day.

Drew does have a pilots license too. We found the record of it.

here is an article from today saying that OPOSSUM bones were found but that the anthropoligist (sp?) is advising to come back with other equipment.

WTH?? Cadavar dogs trained to hit on human remains hit on opposum bones? Why am I finding this hard to believe? :waitasec::waitasec:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/stacy-peterson-search-found-opossum-bones-20100607

ETA: and another one:
http://www.pjstar.com/breaking/x293550795/Expert-Peterson-search-found-only-opossum-bones

Bold mine.

Can we say coverup? Just another way for LE to try to take the attention off of the area by the media. You don't guard an area if you aren't intending to return for more searching. I really think they were trying to avoid all the media attention and are just hoping by their statements to the press by Burek, that the attention will die off. Cadaver dogs do not alert to 40 yr. old opossum bones...sorry. If the forensic anthropologist is recommending ground penetrating radar, I betcha he found more than opossum bones in the very limited digging that he did. JMO.

Cadaver dogs are trained to hit on human remains, ignoring animal remains. So I don't think they would hit on an opossum.

In the past few days we've seen LE downplaying the search site, while at the same time saying they will continue the search there. I think LE might be trying to discourage media interest in this search. They may want to continue their investigation outside the glare of the media.

BINGO! Dang Leila, I should have just read further before my previous post. I totally am in agreement with you! :)

Yeah it was cushing field where he kept it at and he took the boys with him when he went to put the sticker on it that day.

Drew does have a pilots license too. We found the record of it.
Pilot's license?

Is there such a thing as just a pilot's license or is there different degrees /levels? I can't see where one who tools about in an ultralight could step into a commercial flight and take off?

ACR - do you have any info as to whatever happened with Michael Robinson and the charges he was facing for witness intimidation? His case was listed on the Will County site for months, rolling over month to month, year after year, and now, nothing.

TIA

I think Robinson's court date is 8/20/10...saw it on wordpress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla