Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am a bit confused. I have not been able to read all the threads so the answer may be in one of them. If they think the parents chopped her body up and did away with it, then why would they even report her missing? Why not just move and act like she was never with them? I mean it seems they moved around a lot anyway.

I feel for her real mom having to visit a house where her daughter was abused. Did she even have contact with Zahra? Just so sad and I hope they find her alive/well but at least find her so she can get justice.

I think because there was someone from DSS coming for a home visit soon. I can't find link.

It would seem to me that if ZB was found, they would have to notify next of kin that she possibly could have been found. Then have to give a positive identification before publicly and positively knowing in fact they have found her. Right now it is just a speculation. JMO.

On Wednesday, Gunpowder Creek was searched, as well as the brush along the banks. A BOB-CAT was also brought in to trim the brush farther up the banks. In one area, investigators searched about 10 feet from the banks of Gunpowder Creek. At this spot, there is now a two-and-a-half foot deep hole that gapes 10-feet wide. The hole wasn’t visible on Wednesday, before law enforcement closed the road to traffic around mid-day. Inside this hole is a smaller, distinct, round hole in the dirt. All of the dirt from the hole was also taken with the investigators.

A white evidence flag was marked at the edge of the hole. At previous search sites, a white flag was used to mark bones.

The hole was about 25 feet from the end of where a paved access road ends.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/11/7/investigators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/

Ok I am a bit confused. I have not been able to read all the threads so the answer may be in one of them. If they think the parents chopped her body up and did away with it, then why would they even report her missing? Why not just move and act like she was never with them? I mean it seems they moved around a lot anyway.

I feel for her real mom having to visit a house where her daughter was abused. Did she even have contact with Zahra? Just so sad and I hope they find her alive/well but at least find her so she can get justice.

Possibly because the Baker family in Australia had tipped Adam Baker off that Emily was looking for Zahra. AB and EB knew it would not be long, add to that their circle of friends, DSS and the school system, they had to act.

Questions were also being raised by people that had seen them out and about but without Zahra.

SNIPPED; BBM

GRACE: ...Doctor, you`re the chief medical examiner. What does it mean to you when you were called out to a search and you stand by all day on the scene at the police request?

PERPER: Well, it would mean that there`s a significant information which points that they might be human remains in this location. And therefore I would have the opportunity of examining them before they undergo additional deterioration.

And I can make all kind of determination, whether there is other evidence which can be linked to the body.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/10/ng.01.html

Zahra's belongings were left behind??

This is so heartless, they left her belonging’s behind!! This alone say’s so much!! These people are utterly evil. And, if KB had really loved this little girl, why would she not make sure all of Zahra’s belongings were not removed also??
Zahra is now in the Lord’s arms, she is an angel and can not be hurt anymore.
My prayer’s go out to her Mother, who now has to live with this, and will never get over her guilt for trusting these people to care for her.

When I did the Caylee search I remember we came across scores of animal bones, all of which were dismissed with hardly more than a cursory glance by LE. They're pretty adept at knowing what needs further analysis, and it likely didn't take them very long at all to identify the remains (didn't say bones, I guess) as human. If there was a torso with a decaying t-shirt nearby, that'd pretty well distinguish it from a deer. The weather has been chilly and fairly dry outside that big storm, right? I wouldn't think a body would be skeletonized completely. That said, if she was indeed dismembered that would go a long way to augment the decomposition.

So sick. I knew as soon as her mom was on the way over that something big was going down. LE knows who it is. They knew who it was with Caylee, too, but you still have to wait for the confirmation. You find a young female caucasian skeleton in an area where she could be expected to be found and that's a pretty good clue.

RIP sweet Zahra. Usually I get drawn into cases because of the circumstances surrounding the disappearance. All it took with her was that one beautiful photo as she got her hearing aids fitted. Her countenance was just lovely.

Several things in this video - to include human remains found, Emily arrived in Hudson last evening and was at the house this morning to collect any of Zahra's belongings that were left behind.

Also of significance - AB has surrendered his passport to LE.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...remains-found-in-wednesday-s-search-for-zahra

Article says "Zahra Baker's mother, Emily Bietrich, arrived in Hickory Wednesday night and she came to the Baker residence around 6 a.m. Thursday."

Article says "Zahra Baker's mother, Emily Bietrich, arrived in Hickory Wednesday night and she came to the Baker residence around 6 a.m. Thursday."
that same article says that AB is now living in an apartment in Hudson...

I think what they found in the hole was Zahra's amputated leg, they took the soil, leaves as seen in a video. I assume the presumptive test on the debris on and in the hole pointed to another area on Christy road.

BBM

So they *DID* leave behind ZB's belongings.. I find that truly HEARTBREAKING that she had to retrieve them herself..

I just keep thinking of her smelling her daughter's scent in her clothes for the first time in eight years...

RIP sweet Zahra. Usually I get drawn into cases because of the circumstances surrounding the disappearance. All it took with her was that one beautiful photo as she got her hearing aids fitted. Her countenance was just lovely.

article-1321513-0B964DA5000005DC-783_233x423.jpg

Caption on slide 6 of 8 there says "The dirt that was dug out of the hole was gone."

I don't like what that makes me think about. Poor Zahra...

I think they probably took the soil surrounding her remains so they could use it to assist with estimating time of death maybe? Based on moisture levels of the soil, amount of human decomp in that soil, etc.? Also, there may be DNA or other evidence (hair, saliva, sweat, etc.) in the surrounding soil to tie whomever buried her to the scene.

I'm totally guessing here.

Perhaps the part where he says 'not an entire body' could point to Zahra afterall considering she only had one leg. That would make for 'not an entire body'

UGHH!

Technically it would not be an entire body especially with an above knee amputation especially a high amputation

The prothesis could of been dumped at a different location, as for the bone that was found there we do not know who that belonged to

I believe that LE already has a DNA profile MOO

MHO LE is simple leaving no stone unturned to make the strongest case possible

If it was my daughter i KNOW i would want to visit the last home and have LE give me the information that is known ....we simply do not know what was left behind

MOO

I just keep thinking of her smelling her daughter's scent in her clothes for the first time in eight years...

Me too. Absolutely heart-wrenching.

That is correct. :)

"Elisa Baker is still in jail and Adam Baker has relocated to an apartment in Hudson."

He won't be there for very long!

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members