Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

What about females who went missing as infants or toddlers?

My first thought was Elizabeth Ann Gill.

They have DNA for FLEK and Elizabeth Ann Gill. If there hasn't been a match between the two then FLEK is not E.A. Gill.

Hello, I'm a newbie...usually just a lurker..... this is my first post on Websleuths. :woot:
I run a missing persons page via FB, and my sidekick admin is Christine...she is a member/lurker here on Websleuths, as well. Since running across the possibly match last week, we have both worked on researching the findings.

I believe I may have found a match for Lori Erica Kennedy (LEK). The possible match is a missing woman who left her parent's home in San Diego, CA on June 21, 1987 and who then took a bus to Inglewood, CA to cash a check. The check was never cashed, and Mona Lisa Lincoln (will be referenced as MLL from here on out) was never seen again. MLL was reported missing 21 years later, on September 29, 2008, by an unknown source (needs to be researched-via Freedom of Information Act). She was born on March 12, 1967, and was 20 years old when last seen. There are very few details about MLL's case.

** What took so long? Why did 21 years pass? Who reported MLL missing? Are the facts on the flyer true? Could very well have been LEK herself, who did the report, or a family member who could not remember exact details about her physical aspects..Possibly why the height stated for MLL as being 5' 5" is way off from LEK's.

Circumstances of MLL Disappearance: Mona Left her parent's house in San Diego, CA to cash a check. She took a bus to Inglewood, CA on June 21, 1987 and has not been seen since. The check was never cashed..MLL was 20 years old at the time. Her DOB is stated as March 12, 1967, on all records I have found.

**Very important factor- Inglewood, CA is also where Attorney Ben Perkins Jr's office was located in the 80's, before he was disbarred. In my opinion, I believe he is the biggest clue in tying these two cases together...as well as striking resemblance of LEK/MLL photo's.

Having said that, there are a few discrepancies I have found. However, I will post the reason I believe they are what they are, and possibly why.

Description of Mona's flyer Project Jason with Image
View attachment 72693

Mona Lincoln flyer Link to Project Jason stating Hazel eyes
http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/1875-missing-woman-mona-lincoln-ca-6211987/

Mona Lisa Lincoln NamUs link stating brown eyes
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5422

On Project Jason's flyer, her eyes are stated as hazel, and her height is 5' 5"....NamUs and Doe Network listed MLL as having brown eyes, and again 5' 5" ht. See attachment links.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2677dfca.html
Case #2677dfca

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lincoln_mona.html

Few details about her case...brown hair/brown eyes 5' 5" 100 lbs

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2320829500144
Unknown Circumstances-Case #008-11125-0374-400 Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department-Detective Tamar Abraham
**I called LAPD April 8, 2015 and asked for Det. Tamar...woman that answered directed me to Sgt. Velska (spelling may be wrong)..I left a message...I did not provide LEK's name. I asked for a return call. Have not heard back from him.

Side by side image of LEK/MLL
View attachment 72709

Discrepancies: Alleged Tattoo's MLL
1.) One being the Virgin Mary on her shoulder, and another on her knuckles...unknown image.
**In my opinion, this rings true to the fact that LEKR was reported as being very religious.
I also believe she either had both tattoo's removed by Kathleen Jeung/Lish...who was a celebrity affiliated make-up artist/DJ. The note refers to Kathleen as well.

Tattoo removal link (1980's) One of many articles/journals written about tattoo removal
It was not until the late 1980s that Q-switched lasers became commercially practical with the first marketed laser coming from Dermalase Limited, Glasgow. One of the first American published articles describing laser tattoo removal was authored by a group at Massachusetts General Hospital in 1990.[10
]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_removal

**In my opinion, I believe Kathleen Jeung's/Lish reference on LEK's note pertains to the removal/cover up of the two tattoo's. Also more reason to believe why she had to file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in 1997.

2.) Height/Weight- MLL
Every missing person's database I have researched states MLL's height as 5' 5" and weight of 100 lbs.

3.) Eye color/Hair color -MLL
Project Jason's flyer states hazel eyes/blonde hair
NamUs MP #5422 states brown eyes/brown hair

4.) DNA
DNA samples for LEK and MLL both state Available/Test Complete.

**I am not at all familiar as to how accurate the database is regarding the alert status of a UID/MP match...could be human error...could be technology error...maybe LEK/MLL are not a match after all. I have put in a call to Carrie Sutherland, case reporter for NamUs to possibly clear all of the questions I have about LEK/MLL and the accuracy of testing alerts.

** However, saying that, I do not know who reported MLL missing September 29, 2008- 21 years after Mona disappeared..Missing persons report very likely to be inaccurate, to say the least....very fishy to say the least. Need to do research on bus ticket to Inglewood, Ca.

Similarities/Research/Theories:-I have found to be very interesting about LEK/MLL

1.) (Very important detail..Inglewood, CA is where the office was located for Ben Perkin's Jr practiced law back in the 1980's, whom LEK had written on the note page.
View attachment 72701

2.) I always felt like LEK chose her false name for a very significant reason known only to her. She was very much in control of every single part of her new identity....I totally believe that without a doubt in my mind.

a.)LORI-Archbishop William Edward Lori of Baltimore MD, who became Archbishop of Connecticut.
One of many articles about Archbishop Lori http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news...3-20/william-lori-bishop-baltimore/53673308/1

b.)ERICA-Not too much to note, other than Erica means Heather Flower in Italian and Latin...also a decently popular name at the time. I am dying to know what she named her daughter...I have yet to find that information. If her daughter's name has been mentioned her, I have not seen the post/comment. I was thinking it may be against the rules on WS because she is a minor. I promise you, whatever her name may be will also tie into everything.

c.)KENNEDY.....in 1962-1963 Jacqueline Kennedy/Mona Lisa Painting-Leonardo da Vinci/French/Italian/Cold War...The Two First Ladies- 1st Lady of the World...1st Lady of the Nation.

"It began on May 11, 1962, as a spur-of-the-moment promise by France’s minister of culture, André Malraux, dazzled by Jacqueline Kennedy: he would send the Mona Lisa to America. Then, as Presidents John F. Kennedy and Charles de Gaulle tussled over nuclear policy, the Cuban missile crisis erupted. In an excerpt from her new book, the author tells how Mrs. Kennedy turned the unprecedented, perilous loan of da Vinci’s masterpiece into a powerful Cold War symbol of Western ideals."

Link to Vanity Fair article
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2008/11/monalisa_excerpt200811

3.) Project Jason noted area of MLL's flyer as Southwest: AZ, CA, HI, AND NV...interesting that the same states are similar to the information about LEK's notes/case....also the State of Hawaii...I died note while reading LEK's thread, a sleuther mentioned one of the phone numbers could have been from a Hawaii listing...I will have to find that information on the LEK threads.

4.) Leornard, TX
Leornard, TX, I believe was chosen for LEK's and her husband Blake Ruff's home after getting married in 2004. It was only 120 miles from Blake's family in Longview, Tx...I believe it was also chosen because of the name Leornard...referencing back to the famous Mona Lisa Painting by Artist Leonardo da Vinci....again, I truly believe everything about her false identity was carefully planned and well thought out...Of course, the place of residency Leonard, Tx would have been a decision made around the time of her marriage to Blake...Coincidence maybe, maybe not.

Image of Map- Leonard, Tx / Longview, TX
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...TF-8#q=google maps longview tx to leornard tx

5.) Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant- There are a few of them in CA. One is located at 353 Columbus Ave San Francisco, CA 94133..phone # (415) 989-4917 Fax (415) 986-6662 ***Note*** The area code 415 in reference at one point in time used to be (818). http://m.mainstreethub.com/monalisasf

Contact us link- Mona Lisa Restaurant with directions, address, and map of cross streets
http://www.monalisasf.com/

Map of where the restaurant is located and the cross streets of Jackson St and Columbus Ave...again, referencing the notation of Jack.son Jackson H on LEK's note. Could mean something, maybe, maybe not...more research needed.

One Location in San Francisco is very close to Jackson Street...referring back to the note...and possibly hand written Jack.son or Jackson H. ...More research is needed...the manager, possible owner resembles Mona a lot...I am not sure if I can post a picture of him, or the restaurant's FB page...it is a public site. If you look it up on FB, you will see a couple of pictures of him.

6.) Criminal History- MLL I have attempted to research a small bit about the name Mona Lisa Lincoln, Mona Lincoln criminal history, CA. In a brief google search, I found that there is a cite reference to a Mona Lisa Lincoln who is 48 yrs old...(that would be the correct age,if she were alive today) living in Woodland Hills, CA at some point in her life..it also pulled a MLL up and listed her as possibly living in Twenty Palms, CA, as well as Los Angeles, CA. Family members are showing to be Noreen (Norene) Lincoln, Russell Lincoln, and a Starlyn Miller. I am not a subscriber to any of the paying sites for background checks...Limited info at this time. Maybe some of the Sleuthers can research this more...this info is interesting, but could be totally wrong.

7.) Ancestry.com- I am a member of Ancestry.com...Domestic US information only. I got a hit on a Mona Lincoln referencing her mother's maiden name being Patton.
Most Definitely needs more research/light search was completed only/can not post link due to it being a paid site, and will not show the referenced cite.

Okay, I'm through~~Let me know what you guys think...

Can someone please post a side to side pic of Lori (LEK) and Mona's (MLL) photo's for a comparison..My attachment did not show up...

You have really put some research in on this. I really like where this is heading. I used to post regularly in this forum, but got my hand smacked, so I've tried staying away. :blushing: I can't wait to read other's responses. ACD, welcome to WS. :)

Thank you, Tulessa... I am anxious to see if it goes anywhere, as well as other members replies...it is such a complex case.

Well dang. The facial features do really resemble!
I think you are reaching on some of the details about her name choice. It's probably something super simple. The choice of the town she lived in was probably not hers. ( she lived all over Dallas before she got married)
However, good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just messaged K. Jeung to see if she may have known Mona Lisa :)

Ok... What do you guys think? The same person?
74e86f05445c1e68db5d2c0c8e8f6d22.

I've been around CarlK too much. I'm seeing too many differences. I would really like to see the ears better.

Comparison side by side images of LEK and MLL

Attachments

• Lori Erica Ruff compare websleuth.jpg
    Lori Erica Ruff compare websleuth.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 228
Awesome job! You have went into depth very well.

If her daughter's name has been mentioned her, I have not seen the post/comment. I was thinking it may be against the rules on WS because she is a minor. I promise you, whatever her name may be will also tie into everything.
Upon searching for an obituary, I came across the following:

http://www.tributes.com/show/Lori-Erica-Ruff-90422740

Her Daughter's name is there.

I've been around CarlK too much. I'm seeing too many differences. I would really like to see the ears better.

Me too. From this angle, LEK's earlobes look to be hanging, whereas MML's look like they could be attached. Is there only one photo of MML around?

IMO, It is certainly possible that LEK did have reasons for everything she did, including her name choices. It could all tie together. We are all aware of how meticulous she was in trying to keep her past unknown. She was very careful, and private.

The resemblance between the two is there to me. As stated, LEK could have had surgeries to change some features. That would rack up a lot of bills, contributing to the bankruptcy.
In MLL's photo, she is a lot thinner, and has a lot of makeup on. Her neck, eye shape, and lips are very similar.

Maybe a reason for always fidgeting with her hand(s)?
Discrepancies: Alleged Tattoo's MLL
1.) One being the Virgin Mary on her shoulder, and another on her knuckles...unknown image.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

"She’d fidget with her hair or hold her hand out and gaze at it. Then she’d turn it over, gaze some more, and finally put it back in her lap"

“Her hands were important to her, for some reason,” he said.

Me too. From this angle, LEK's earlobes look to be hanging, whereas MML's look like they could be attached. Is there only one photo of MML around?

That is the only photo anywhere for MLL. Her information is very minimal.

Mona's eyes seem to be a lot closer together than Lori's were.

Comparison side by side images of LEK and MLL

My only issue with all of this is that they have MLL's fingerprints and DNA. They also have FLEK's fingerprints and DNA. If they don't match then we know for sure this person isn't her.
I do hope they find out what ever happened to MLL.

I can't get past those ears. True, you can have cosmetic surgery, but I have never heard of anyone doing their ears. Hard work ladies. I'm proud of your sleuthing. :) And I'm not writing this one off.

Lots of thoughts going on here, the "bright eyed" look is not there with MLL and no arch in the eyebrow area, she may have been thinner in this photo compared to the fullness in Fleks stripe shirt pic.
I appreciate all the work you have put into this, a very good possibility. But, then there is the DNA to consider....:)

Wow, great research Arm Chair Det! I haven't had much of a chance to look for more about your MLL, but it is interesting. At first glance, the physical similarities are very close. The things that I would say bother me for this match are, like others have mentioned:
Arch of the eyebrows
Closeness of eyes
Tilt of the nose (although MLL photo is angled, Flek's nose always tilts the other way)
Height and weight are pretty off. (I do understand though that the person who reported her could have been off and that all agencies used that same information).

I have been working on yearbook matches for fLEK, so have gotten pretty quick at doing photo overlays. Here is what I just did. The mouth is so similar!! It is a progression from fLEK to MLL where you can see the eye, eyebrow, and nose differences. (In my opinion ;))
image.jpg

Moo and thanks so much for joining us here!

(Let me know if that pic is too large, I usually just link so am new to adding a photo!)

Great job on the overlay, MrsTigglesworth! I wish I knew how to do that. Ah man, I think they look just alike...the mouth area is almost eerie. I have found more info on MLL, but ironically, it links her back to the Kennedy name....I am not ready to post anything until I research more....very interesting to say the least. As far as DNA, I have been told that there can be human error, and technology error...so I guess we will see. I know here in Houston, our crime labs put a lot of people in prison due to human error. They were put away for a crime they did not commit. A lot of them have been exonerated due to false DNA lab results. I hope they will double check the results or retest these two mystery women. I have researched many cases, and this is the second one that I really feel like it's a match. If not, I pray for answers on both women, and will continue to research.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back