Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Brewer claims Shannan’s jacket was lying on his driveway for ages and he told police but nobody did anything and it disappeared.

If that’s the case, surely that would have been one of the first things to tell Alex? So JB is driving all over Sussex County to help AD report SG as missing but he didn’t bother telling AD about items of SGs clothes being discarded yards from where he and Alex met? Doesn’t make sense, does it?

The first thing anyone would think of doing would be to turn out the coat pockets. See if there were clues to what substances she may have taken. Find out if she had details of other johns nearby or telephone numbers jotted down that might give a clue where she’d gone.

SCPD didn’t know about Shannan before JB & AD told them. So for JB’s claim that he told the police but they ignored it, it would HAVE to mean JB hid its existence from AD. There’s something not right.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the understanding that AD (Alex Diaz, Shannan's boyfriend) and MP went to the police to report Shannan missing. Are we sure that Joseph Brewer was involved with these two guys in going to the Police. To me it makes no sense why Brewer would involve himself with reporting Shannan missing. Can somebody verify what Brewer actually did, in regards Shannan being missing?

I was speaking of when Shannan and JB left. To go to the CVS. MP was in his car. He did not go with them. Suppose someone was at the CVS waiting for JB to introduce him to Shannon. And she figured out he was going to do her in.

We only have MPs word for this trip. JB plead the 5th. According to MP, they only left for 15 minutes, he didn’t say they were going to CVS, just that they went out to an unknown place. The closest CVS is 25 minutes away, so a 50 minute round trip. It doesn’t seem to have been independently verified by anyone at CVS. Shannan made a brief call to them. If she did call for advice on what a drug she’d been given was, MP’s cards & lube story may have been intended to cover it up with an explanation for that call if phone records were examined. The length of time they were gone makes it incredibly unlikely they left Oak Beach.

We only have MPs word for this trip. JB plead the 5th. According to MP, they only left for 15 minutes, he didn’t say they were going to CVS, just that they went out to an unknown place. The closest CVS is 25 minutes away, so a 50 minute round trip. It doesn’t seem to have been independently verified by anyone at CVS. Shannan made a brief call to them. If she did call for advice on what a drug she’d been given was, MP’s cards & lube story may have been intended to cover it up with an explanation for that call if phone records were examined. The length of time they were gone makes it incredibly unlikely they left Oak Beach.
I just think that were ever they went. I do not know either. IMO After this SG began to act crazy. If you hide behind a couch. You are afraid someone is going to shoot you from outside. If you don't want to leave. It means something or someone is out there. IMO She did say They're trying to kill me. During her 911 call. Could she mean JB and someone she briefly met?

I may be mistaken, but I was under the understanding that AD (Alex Diaz, Shannan's boyfriend) and MP went to the police to report Shannan missing. Are we sure that Joseph Brewer was involved with these two guys in going to the Police. To me it makes no sense why Brewer would involve himself with reporting Shannan missing. Can somebody verify what Brewer actually did, in regards Shannan being missing?

I had typed out a long reply to this, but the website kicked me out. Brewer’s deposition is on the court docs page. Neither he nor Pak mention the 911 call to anyone despite long conversations about the events of that night with the police, Alex, Hackett, Colletti. Discussions about her phone if it was switched on. Police reveal GC called 911, no mention. No mention of any phone call, not just a 911 call.

There were many prompts to recall it.

Going to check Pak’s

JB says in the deposition that he went twice with AD to the police precinct on either the 2nd or the 3rd. He says they were ‘thrown out’ both times. He said he did this because he likes answers and doesn’t like loose ends.

JB says in the deposition that he went twice with AD to the police precinct on either the 2nd or the 3rd. He says they were ‘thrown out’ both times. He said he did this because he likes answers and doesn’t like loose ends.

Thanks Sallya for this information.
I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that JB hires a sex worker, she runs from his house in fear and later disappears. JB then goes with Alex Dias, (the boyfriend/pimp) to the Police to report her missing. Since JB has pleaded the 5th a number of times in relation to this case, the only reason I can see JB going to the police, is to get 'his version' of the facts on record with the Police. If JB was trying to be helpful, did he tell the Police when he wanted to report the Missing Person, there was a 23 minute 911 call from his house? Did JB share this info with AD? Kind of an important bit of info to keep secret.

I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that JB hires a sex worker, she runs from his house in fear and later disappears. JB then goes with Alex Dias, (the boyfriend/pimp) to the Police to report her missing. Since JB has pleaded the 5th a number of times in relation to this case, the only reason I can see JB going to the police, is to get 'his version' of the facts on record with the Police. If JB was trying to be helpful, did he tell the Police when he wanted to report the Missing Person, there was a 23 minute 911 call from his house? Did JB share this info with AD? Kind of an important bit of info to keep secret.

It's unusual, JMO, that they went together to report it. Sounds like they were colluding on their version of the story.

It's unusual, JMO, that they went together to report it. Sounds like they were colluding on their version of the story.

It’s incredibly unlikely as there is no suggestion they knew anything about each other pre SG disappearance.

JB may well have gone to see how the police reacted so he could gauge his response?

Eg they did nothing and refused the report, so JB himself and anyone else involved could be advised to sit tight, say nothing, do nothing.

If he’d gone to the station and they’d taken the report seriously and were going to look into it, anyone involved could be warned their may be heat and dispose of any evidence quickly.

It’s incredibly unlikely as there is no suggestion they knew anything about each other pre SG disappearance.

JB may well have gone to see how the police reacted so he could gauge his response?

Eg they did nothing and refused the report, so JB himself and anyone else involved could be advised to sit tight, say nothing, do nothing.

If he’d gone to the station and they’d taken the report seriously and were going to look into it, anyone involved could be warned their may be heat and dispose of any evidence quickly.

Sorry, I was confused. I thought it was stated that JB and Alex Dias (boyfriend/pimp) went to the police together. If not, then its not suspicious. If they did go together, it's suspicious, JMO.

Also, why didn't JB give a statement to police the night SG disappeared? I know, this is a unique case, but in most LE jurisdictions that would have happened. If it was very late at night and LE saw no reason to take JB into custody that night, normal LE would have asked him and other witnesses to come into the station or be available for interviews the next day.

You may have a point here, but what I believe is significant, is how little care or concern the SCPD showed towards the missing person issue, especially when they knew that a police officer had been dispatched to Oak Beach based on Gus Coletti's 911 call, regarding a distraught young woman.
A couple days later two guys show up at a Police station to report a distraught young woman went missing in Oak Beach and the SCPD cannot see any connection or significance.

It still boggles my mind after all these years that the SCPD questioned JB, MP, PCH and others, and 'cleared' everybody.

Windsor, when I was reading the deposition it struck me that there were multiple times where it would have been EXTREMELY appropriate for him to mention the 911 call and his memory should’ve been jogged. For instance, JB, Gus Colletti and the police discussed Colletti & Barbara Brennan’s 911 calls on the 2nd May.

Very strange behaviour.

Sorry, I was confused. I thought it was stated that JB and Alex Dias (boyfriend/pimp) went to the police together. If not, then its not suspicious. If they did go together, it's suspicious, JMO.

Also, why didn't JB give a statement to police the night SG disappeared? I know, this is a unique case, but in most LE jurisdictions that would have happened. If it was very late at night and LE saw no reason to take JB into custody that night, normal LE would have asked him and other witnesses to come into the station or be available for interviews the next day.

They did go together, but I think that’s only really suspicious for JB, not AD.

He didn’t give a statement on the night she disappeared because nobody did. Police turned up and she’d gone, so they left. It was only when AD turned up that it started involving residents & police in the missing person inquiry. JB said as far as he knew, she left with Pak.

They did go together, but I think that’s only really suspicious for JB, not AD.

He didn’t give a statement on the night she disappeared because nobody did. Police turned up and she’d gone, so they left. It was only when AD turned up that it started involving residents & police in the missing person inquiry. JB said as far as he knew, she left with Pak.

Why would AD want to be anywhere near JB - the guy who might have been responsible for the death of his girlfriend/partner? The only reason I can think of is if there's money involved or if both of them were involved in her disappearance.

Is/was AD not a very bright person or was he unaware of who JB was and his role in the disappearance of Shannan?

You may have a point here, but what I believe is significant, is how little care or concern the SCPD showed towards the missing person issue, especially when they knew that a police officer had been dispatched to Oak Beach based on Gus Coletti's 911 call, regarding a distraught young woman.
A couple days later two guys show up at a Police station to report a distraught young woman went missing in Oak Beach and the SCPD cannot see any connection or significance.

It still boggles my mind after all these years that the SCPD questioned JB, MP, PCH and others, and 'cleared' everybody.

Its so obvious this was a a coverup no detective would clear any these poi so quickly not a chance in hell. I knew it was a c from the beginning but after reading the court transcripts it is quite disturbing. Unfortunately suffolk politics are so in bred with corruption for many many years. Prudentis yaht suffolk macedonio case 355 marcus blvd some real shocking stuff for the top cops in suffolk.Most of SB donations come from friends of oak beach go figure.Guess where they are sent to a house in oak beach lol. You Can't make this stuff up. Same leaders SB TS who pushed JB for Chief knowing of his record. Shoild have both stepped down after that IMO. I wonder why they would do such a thing? Chief of police usually best record not like JB horrible internal affairs report.
. TS is basically spotas /scpd puppet, would need a total overhaul of the dept and a special DA from out of state to prosecute. I've noticed some recent deaths of woman that have been getting brushed under rug to keep things quiet and could certainly be the work of lisk. Last one that comes to mind is Jessica d andrea Centereach totally kept hush hush as well as few others. I do feel bad for the few good cops but I am certain there are some cops and neighbors that know much more they are not telling. Further investigation definitely needs to be looked at in the Prius case smithtown many years ago involving burke and spota.Press some of the POI little more on some of those transcripts answers and the deck of cards is going to crumble. If we can't prove they murdered anyone you can easily prove they are lying for someone and know much more.

I just think that were ever they went. I do not know either. IMO After this SG began to act crazy. If you hide behind a couch. You are afraid someone is going to shoot you from outside. If you don't want to leave. It means something or someone is out there. IMO She did say They're trying to kill me. During her 911 call. Could she mean JB and someone she briefly met?

That is my thought. When SG and JB "went to CVS" they weren't gone that long. Perhaps a local drug pick-up? I think the person at this stop scared SG and perhaps arranged or called JB later to meet up with them at the house. Maybe JB got a call the person was on their way, and it set SG off?

Also, wanted to add: If they did meet with a dealer - who was then coming over to join the party with SG and JB, perhaps this person (or some of their details) got named in the 911 call. In that case, maybe the call can't be publicly released because there's a larger federal investigation into this person, that would then be jeopardized - or maybe they are an informant? This makes sense especially in the context of the Oak Beach sex parties - though it does assume SCPD is actually operating within real confines of the law and not their own whims. Man, it would be interesting to get a peek at JBs call log from that night...

Just another speculation!

... perhaps this person (or some of their details) got named in the 911 call. In that case, maybe the call can't be publicly released because there's a larger federal investigation into this person...

SG may have said the name of someone in the call, but it would be far likelier that LE wouldn't release the call (or the name) because that would be bad for LE, not because it would impede any actual investigation. They've had a decade, it's not an investigation, it's a coverup.

Rather than allow the speculation continue regarding the trip by Shannan and JB to the CVS. The SCPD could either confirm or deny such a trip took place. Alternatively John Ray as part of his case against PCH could request the records from the CVS.
Has John Ray done so?

Since details of some purchases made at the CVS were previously disclosed, I tend to believe that a trip to the CVS was made, and MP's claim they were gone about 15 minutes is incorrect.

Thanks for that. I never realised quite how far she’d run or how far her belongings were from her body but Hackett’s house was so close to those items.

Or how close to the Parkway she got.

Looking at that map, things occur to me that belie the accidental death theory.

If the marshy, boggy terrain was deep and hostile enough for a woman to become trapped there and die of exposure, she’d have been far closer to the Oak Beach side of the marsh. If she was alive long enough to make her way right to the other side of the marsh, then clearly the conditions of the terrain was not so hostile she would’ve died there. Water levels, vegetation and temperatures would have been fairly constant and conditions improving as day broke. So if she got that far, I don’t think an accident is at all plausible.
This is categorically incorrect. Marsh conditions can be extremely different within 20 feet based on altitude, vegetation, etc. No different than a patch of your yard pooling water while 10 feet away is a patch of dandelions. I worked in wetlands for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975