Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did PH go to the trouble to make all the phone calls to Shannan's mother and to police?
I believe Shannan left Peter Hackett's house alive with Michael Pak, and that he had no idea she was missing when he contacted Mari Gilbert. I think he may have been either performing a routine follow up in a medical sense, or trying to gather information on Shannan's whereabouts and well-being. Once he made that call he placed himself in a position where he had no choice but to follow through.

Shannan was not afraid of Michael Pak until after an event undisclosed to us occurred inside Joseph Brewer's house on that morning.

You didn't directly say that Gus caused her to be afraid, but the use of the word "also" when describing Shannan being afraid of Gus Coletti implies that you are placing him in a similar vein as Michael Pak, or Joseph Brewer for that matter, and I believe that they did cause her to be afraid.

Also, when you place the word afraid in quotes are you indicating that maybe you believe Shannan was experiencing an emotion other than fear for her life?

We know that Shannan was already in a panic state when she interacted with Gus Coletti. You are correct when you say that the behavior she exhibited was consistent with someone who was afraid, and my comment was intended to clarify the implication that her fear was universal and was only the result of using drugs. I believe that drugs may have exacerbated her situation, but the fear she felt was instigated by her interactions with Joseph Brewer and Michael Pak.

We know that there is no direct evidence that Michael Pak is either responsible or partially responsible for Shannan's death, but there are circumstances that lead many people, including myself, to believe he may be.
IMO I have Brewer in a category of his own in terms of potential culpability. Good point. I do believe that I am placing Pak and Gus in the same vein (I hope one day we find out the truth)

Quotes were used to indicate that I do not believe that she would be afraid in those situations if not for the likely drugs that were consumed that night.

We all know Pak is no saint. I am also taking him at his word (more or less) so I am open to the fact that I may be wrong.

In terms of your belief that the drugs only exacerbated her situation, what else do you believe occurred? Curious to hear your response.

Has anyone else asked how the police got inside of the Oak Beach Park in the first place? MP & SG needed a code to get inside the gated community. It doesn't sound like a place where the police have to go very often, so is it assumed they knew the code and were able to enter the code and drive on through?

If they didn't know the code, let's just say that by the time the police contacted dispatch to get GC's # (if they didn't have it on hand) then police contacted GC to get the code....(whether he gave it to them over the phone or came to the gate to enter it) ...that could easily explain one of the delays in the police's arrival after GC's call to 911.

Also, no doubt I'm sure they proceeded with caution. If they knew SG was running through the neighbor frantically, maybe they took time to shine a spotlight towards the beach areas, in between houses and/or moved at a slow roll as not to drive through the park and accidentally hit her if she ran out in front of the car, in addition to being on the lookout for her.

Just because Google Maps says it's "X" amount of miles from the nearest station doesn't mean that it takes exactly "X" amount of time to arrive based on speed limits and that's even IF there was a cruiser at the station.

You have to account time for possible delays, etc.. From the moment the call comes through is when the clock begins ticking. It's going to take a few minutes for GC to give the info to the 911 operator, they enter the info into their system...then they contact the appropriate emergency services, they take down the info from 911, they dispatch...It was 5 something in the morning, so there was probably limited LE on duty and that's if they could respond at that exact moment...who knows they could've been on the other side of Suffolk County patrolling or even finishing up another call.

We can't just assume they jumped in their car, leaving the station at exact second the call of the 911... hit the lights and drove 100 miles an hour to get there without any delays of some sort.

We just can't say EXACTLY how long it SHOULD have or have not taken them. IMO, they arrived in a reasonable amount of time based on what information they had and potential delays.

Did GC even tell 911 that she was claiming someone was trying to "kill her?" If that wasn't communicated in HIS call, she wasn't hurt or dead, so they might have just assumed she was drunk or high and didn't take the call as "high priority."

Yes, knowing what we know now, it should've been high priority, but question is... did the police KNOW all of the details at that time? The answer...is simply.. NO. It's a shame, but that's the reality of the situation given at that particular time of GC's 911 call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm sooo late to the game on this one, but a gated community doesn't mean a moat and fire-breathing dragons community. Boyfriend/"boyfriend" Alex states he just parked his car outside on the street and walked in. Other than that, I agree with 100% what you said.
The gates at many of these type of communities can usually be triggered to open by sounding of siren from any emergency vehicle.

Gus Coletti did not tell 911 that Shannan said that someone was trying to kill her, because Shannan only told Gus Coletti that she needed help, and since Gus Coletti and Barbara Brennan were on with Suffolk County 911 and Shannan with the State Police, there was no connection to the same events between the two agencies. State Police couldn't determine where Shannan was, so I believe it is correct that Suffolk County didn't take the call as a high priority.

The gates at many of these type of communities can usually be triggered to open by sounding of siren from any emergency vehicle.

Gus Coletti did not tell 911 that Shannan said that someone was trying to kill her, because Shannan only told Gus Coletti that she needed help, and since Gus Coletti and Barbara Brennan were on with Suffolk County 911 and Shannan with the State Police, there was no connection to the same events between the two agencies. State Police couldn't determine where Shannan was, so I believe it is correct that Suffolk County didn't take the call as a high priority.

I have heard it was not much of a gated community. It was more of a metal steel bar that raised and lowered when people entered/exited. Allegedly was security cam footage that was taped over as well.

IMO I have Brewer in a category of his own in terms of potential culpability. Good point. I do believe that I am placing Pak and Gus in the same vein (I hope one day we find out the truth)

Quotes were used to indicate that I do not believe that she would be afraid in those situations if not for the likely drugs that were consumed that night.

We all know Pak is no saint. I am also taking him at his word (more or less) so I am open to the fact that I may be wrong.

In terms of your belief that the drugs only exacerbated her situation, what else do you believe occurred? Curious to hear your response.
Understood regarding the quotes.

We know Michael Pak could be considered a career criminal, so it is very difficult for me to take him at his word.

In my research of the case, and thinking about it for several years now my ideas about it have evolved over time and as new information comes along.

With respect to the events inside Joseph Brewer's house, I believe that Shannan arrived at Joseph Brewer's house at 2:00 AM, and the two consumed alcohol and used illegal drugs such as marijuana and cocaine. At some point Shannan performed oral sex on Joseph Brewer, but they did not have intercourse.

Joseph Brewer decided to extend the visit at 4:00 AM, and at some point after that during the course of conversation Shannan brought up the subject of transvestites. Joseph Brewer, under the influence of drugs and alcohol, became paranoid that Shannan may be a transvestite, and that he may have engaged in sexual contact with a man.

He immediately asks Shannan to leave to which she agrees, but insists on being paid for the extended visit. Joseph Brewer refuses and an argument ensues. Joseph Brewer, paranoid, indignant and enraged, physically assaults Shannan (I believe he may have choked her hence the damage to her hyoid) which shifts her into a state of fear for her life, and prompts her to dial 911, and then the resulting chain of events occurs.

Note: After listening to the 911 call I believe Shannan may have also received a text or a voicemail after 4:00 AM, from someone familiar to both her and Michael Pak, which contained a threat or gave her the perception of imminent danger, and this is what may have prompted her to say to Michael Pak, "you were a part of this all along".

Since the 911 call was released I have been trying to rethink the entire scenario, and haven't been able to completely put it all together yet.

Understood regarding the quotes.

We know Michael Pak could be considered a career criminal, so it is very difficult for me to take him at his word.

In my research of the case, and thinking about it for several years now my ideas about it have evolved over time and as new information comes along.

With respect to the events inside Joseph Brewer's house, I believe that Shannan arrived at Joseph Brewer's house at 2:00 AM, and the two consumed alcohol and used illegal drugs such as marijuana and cocaine. At some point Shannan performed oral sex on Joseph Brewer, but they did not have intercourse.

Joseph Brewer decided to extend the visit at 4:00 AM, and at some point after that during the course of conversation Shannan brought up the subject of transvestites. Joseph Brewer, under the influence of drugs and alcohol, became paranoid that Shannan may be a transvestite, and that he may have engaged in sexual contact with a man.

He immediately asks Shannan to leave to which she agrees, but insists on being paid for the extended visit. Joseph Brewer refuses and an argument ensues. Joseph Brewer, paranoid, indignant and enraged, physically assaults Shannan (I believe he may have choked her hence the damage to her hyoid) which shifts her into a state of fear for her life, and prompts her to dial 911, and then the resulting chain of events occurs.

Note: After listening to the 911 call I believe Shannan may have also received a text or a voicemail after 4:00 AM, from someone familiar to both her and Michael Pak, which contained a threat or gave her the perception of imminent danger, and this is what may have prompted her to say to Michael Pak, "you were a part of this all along".

Since the 911 call was released I have been trying to rethink the entire scenario, and haven't been able to completely put it all together yet.
Interesting, and possibly a reason for the hyoid damage. What makes you believe there was talk of transvestites? Also, according to most accounts Brewer and Shannan left at some point to allegedly go to a store. Do you believe that never happened? Your 4 am text/voicemail theory is possible but I would like to believe that those records would have helped build a pretty solid case against some charges for Pak. Could be wrong

I'm of the opinion that the security camera footage was purposely not preserved.
I believe it is Gus who says it was taped over due to the long time gap and the residents not knowing that any crime had been committed. Thoughts?

Interesting, and possibly a reason for the hyoid damage. What makes you believe there was talk of transvestites? Also, according to most accounts Brewer and Shannan left at some point to allegedly go to a store. Do you believe that never happened? Your 4 am text/voicemail theory is possible but I would like to believe that those records would have helped build a pretty solid case against some charges for Pak. Could be wrong

I would have to comb through my files to find the original sources, but the transvestite idea is referenced in this article:

Jersey City Prostitute Still Missing After 13 Months

I believe that when Joseph Brewer and Shannan left to allegedly go to a store they actually went to a local drug dealer in Oak Beach to pick up either marijuana or cocaine. (Thomas Canning?)

I have asked the websleuths community if anyone knows if information (such as voicemails or texts) was recovered from Shannan’s phones. I’m not sure that any information was recovered. Even if it were it is possible that it had to remain confidential because there may have been, or still is, an ongoing investigation into Joseph Ruis, who was Shannan, Michael Pak and Alex Diaz former employer.

Shannan was a co-defendant of Joseph Ruis in a pending criminal trial at the time of her death.

I’m certain that Shannan’s cell phone bill would contain records of calls between Shannan, Michael Pak and Joseph Brewer that morning.

I believe it is Gus who says it was taped over due to the long time gap and the residents not knowing that any crime had been committed. Thoughts?
It doesn’t seem that the security camera footage was offered to be viewed by any responding police officers or subsequent investigators.

I would have to comb through my files to find the original sources, but the transvestite idea is referenced in this article:

Jersey City Prostitute Still Missing After 13 Months

I believe that when Joseph Brewer and Shannan left to allegedly go to a store they actually went to a local drug dealer in Oak Beach to pick up either marijuana or cocaine. (Thomas Canning?)

I have asked the websleuths community if anyone knows if information (such as voicemails or texts) was recovered from Shannan’s phones. I’m not sure that any information was recovered. Even if it were it is possible that it had to remain confidential because there may have been, or still is, an ongoing investigation into Joseph Ruis, who was Shannan, Michael Pak and Alex Diaz former employer.

Shannan was a co-defendant of Joseph Ruis in a pending criminal trial at the time of her death.

I’m certain that Shannan’s cell phone bill would contain records of calls between Shannan, Michael Pak and Joseph Brewer that morning.
We are on the same page; that store trip was to another house for drugs. Appreciate the article. Solid theory including Ruis.

We are on the same page; that store trip was to another house for drugs. Appreciate the article. Solid theory including Ruis.

The evidence suggests that a store trip did indeed happen. It likely was not CVS but was instead the Shell station, which is 5 minutes away from JBs house. When asked outright if he went to CVS that night, JB stated he didn't. When asked about the Shell station, he pled the Fifth.

The evidence suggests that a store trip did indeed happen. It likely was not CVS but was instead the Shell station, which is 5 minutes away from JBs house. When asked outright if he went to CVS that night, JB stated he didn't. When asked about the Shell station, he pled the Fifth.
Are you referring to the shell on Montauk Highway? That is a bit farther than 5 minutes. Also what evidence suggests this other then Brewer pleading the 5th?

Curious about this. Where is it stated that he took the 5th in response to any questions about the Shell station?

So much information and ideas, that at times my mind boggles. I need some clarification.

A) Is it the consensus that CPH, the doctor, actually 'treated' Shannan that night, and she left with 'her boyfriend' who I assume was MP?

B) If CPH treated Shannan and she left with Pak, then this is in direct contradiction to Pak's contention that he could never find Shannan after Coletti's, and left Oak Beach.

C) Now since CPH is being sued by John Ray on behalf of Shannan's family for malpractice, and CPH is mounting a defense, to me, it follows that CPH did treat her.

D) If CPH did treat Shannan as he says, therefore either Shannan's demise began where CPH treated her, (at his house?) or MP is not being truthful and knows what happened to Shannan.

If CPH did not treat Shannan, then all the onus is on MP.
If CPH did treat Shannan, and she left with MP, then all the onus is still on MP.
If CPH did treat Shannan and she did not leave with MP, then MP should be able to swear to this under oath.

So much information and ideas, that at times my mind boggles. I need some clarification.

A) Is it the consensus that CPH, the doctor, actually 'treated' Shannan that night, and she left with 'her boyfriend' who I assume was MP?

B) If CPH treated Shannan and she left with Pak, then this is in direct contradiction to Pak's contention that he could never find Shannan after Coletti's, and left Oak Beach.

C) Now since CPH is being sued by John Ray on behalf of Shannan's family for malpractice, and CPH is mounting a defense, to me, it follows that CPH did treat her.

D) If CPH did treat Shannan as he says, therefore either Shannan's demise began where CPH treated her, (at his house?) or MP is not being truthful and knows what happened to Shannan.

If CPH did not treat Shannan, then all the onus is on MP.
If CPH did treat Shannan, and she left with MP, then all the onus is still on MP.
If CPH did treat Shannan and she did not leave with MP, then MP should be able to swear to this under oath.
I believe Shannan encountered Peter Hackett after leaving Barbara Brennan's house, and that Michael Pak caught up to her at that point, and also that Peter Hackett did treat Shannan with some type of sedative that morning, and she left with Michael Pak. This would contradict Michael Pak's contention that he could never find Shannan after she left Gus Coletti's house.

I would not conclude that Peter Hackett treated her solely on the basis that he is being sued and mounting a defense.

I would think that Michael Pak is not being truthful.

I would agree that if Peter Hackett did not treat Shannan then the onus would be on Michael Pak. If Peter Hackett did treat Shannan, and she left with Michael Pak, then Peter Hackett would share some responsibility for administering medicine to Shannan outside of a Medical Setting, and without understanding her past medical history and current toxicology.

While listening to the LISK Podcast update regarding Shannan’s 911 call a thought occurred to me, could Shannan have been under the influence of a powerful hallucinogen such as LSD or Ecstasy?

I remember reading that Shannan had used ecstasy in the past.

While listening to the LISK Podcast update regarding Shannan’s 911 call a thought occurred to me, could Shannan have been under the influence of a powerful hallucinogen such as LSD or Ecstasy?

I remember reading that Shannan had used ecstasy in the past.
Very plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member