Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be my favorite post on any Gilgo thread yet. Agree with just about everything, although I'm still not convinced about SG meeting foul play. I still see the "collapsed in the marsh" theory quite plausible.
And my thoughts on SG running from Colletti when he called 911 and Pak's response to Colletti about calling 911 center around the theory that some type of LE may have been at Brewer's house and that is who/what spooked SG in the first place. If she's running from LE at Brewer's, she'd certainly run if GC said he was calling them, she'd likely only trust the operator with whom she was speaking, and could explain Pak's cryptic response to GC.

Why would Shannan run from LE, if she was on the phone with 911 dispatch calling for LE help?

Obviously by the time she was found, any toxicology tests would've been rendered pretty useless but the way she acted nearly convinces me that Shanann was under the influence of more than alcohol that night.

I know her family & friends said she never did anything besides drink and perhaps do a little weed if a client wanted, but given the lifestyle she lived and the family's history of mental health issues, it's very possible that she consumed something at the party - either accidentally or on purpose - that when combined with everything else caused her to go into a psychotic state and she was imagining things.

I also think it's possible that Pak caught up with her and tried to get her to come with him and in that struggle, she met her demise accidentally. If Shanann didn't want to go with Pak initially, she surely wouldn't want to go with him after running and him catching her in his SUV. Multiple reports said that Shannan could have a temper and was a 'fighter' meaning she wouldn't go quietly so whether it was Pak or someone else, if she felt her life was in imminent danger and on some kind of panic-inducing drug, it's highly possible she'd put up a heck of a fight.

Regarding the LISK theory, I think her family wants to believe that because it gives them closure instead of the alternative of simply not knowing how she went from Barbara Brennan's door around 5:20 AM on 05/02/10 to 12/13/11 when her remains were found.

Obviously by the time she was found, any toxicology tests would've been rendered pretty useless but the way she acted nearly convinces me that Shanann was under the influence of more than alcohol that night.

I know her family & friends said she never did anything besides drink and perhaps do a little weed if a client wanted, but given the lifestyle she lived and the family's history of mental health issues, it's very possible that she consumed something at the party - either accidentally or on purpose - that when combined with everything else caused her to go into a psychotic state and she was imagining things.

I also think it's possible that Pak caught up with her and tried to get her to come with him and in that struggle, she met her demise accidentally. If Shanann didn't want to go with Pak initially, she surely wouldn't want to go with him after running and him catching her in his SUV. Multiple reports said that Shannan could have a temper and was a 'fighter' meaning she wouldn't go quietly so whether it was Pak or someone else, if she felt her life was in imminent danger and on some kind of panic-inducing drug, it's highly possible she'd put up a heck of a fight.

Regarding the LISK theory, I think her family wants to believe that because it gives them closure instead of the alternative of simply not knowing how she went from Barbara Brennan's door around 5:20 AM on 05/02/10 to 12/13/11 when her remains were found.
Very perceptive, I believe, to suggest that Shannan had an altercation with MP, and met her demise.
One might think that if it was an accident, or unintended consequence, MP would have taken Shannan to a hospital or called for help. The fact MP denies ever coming into contact with her after GC's house, points to his potential culpability.

The thing I can't reconcile about MP purposefully killing her is from what GC reported, MP was in his vehicle alone searching for Shanann. If he found her, it would presumably be alone as well. By the time she reached BB's door and her 911 call was made, it was around 5:20 AM.

Sunrise on May 1st, 2010 in Long Island was around 5:51 AM. So if MP did find her shortly after she ran from BB's home because BB wouldn't let her in, she would've still been in pitch blackness for another 30 minutes. Given where her body was found in the marshland, it's very possible she ran off into it and succumbed to something in the marsh.

It's very odd that her clothes were found across the marsh area from her body, however it's possible in her paranoia from whatever she consumed at the party, she took them off for whatever reason and went deeper into the marshland before either having some kind of accident or event that caused her death.

My issue with MP purposefully causing her death is he was very unfamiliar with the area, as evidenced by multiple things heard on the 911 call. He wouldn't know what was in the marshland either or the layout of it and to kill Shanann and take her into the marshland, he'd have to have considerable risk to himself in pitch blackness in an area very foreign to him.

It's possible he could've found her, taken her somewhere else and killed her and staged the clothes and body in the marshland to make it look like she had an accident, but he's never struck me as a particularly smooth or smart criminal so that type of elaboration seems out of his realm of capability.

If MP is involved, my best guess would be that he found Shanann and tried to corral her into his car. She still thought he was going to kill her and freaked out and ran into the marshland because it was off the beaten path and somewhere he couldn't follow in his SUV. Perhaps her clothes got wet and made her immobile so she removed them and/or to make it seem to MP like she hadn't advanced beyond that point if he chased her on foot.

I can see MP seeing she ran off into a pitch black marsh and then thinking you know what, the hell with her. I'm done with this. Then when she turned up missing, he thinks he'd be somehow charged with leading to her disappearance and death so his story changes slightly and he says he never came in contact with her. In that version, MP did not directly do anything to cause her death, but also let her run off into the marsh and then abandoned her.

I personally think that Dr. Hackett isn't related to Shannan's death. He strikes me as an attention seeker who heard about her missing close to his home and inserted himself. He's a weird guy who seems to desire attention, but I don't personally believe Shanann ever came into contact with him.

I personally think that Dr. Hackett isn't related to Shannan's death. He strikes me as an attention seeker who heard about her missing close to his home and inserted himself. He's a weird guy who seems to desire attention, but I don't personally believe Shanann ever came into contact with him.
There is much circumstantial evidence pointing toward Peter Hackett being involved with Shannan Gilbert on the morning of May 1, 2010. You only need to read the affidavits and transcripts that have been filed.

Shannan was within a two minute walk of Peter Hackett's house when she was knocking on Barbara Brennan's door.

There is direct evidence that Peter Hackett contacted Mari Gilbert from his wife's cell phone.

Mari Gilbert stated to Detective Camacho that Peter Hackett told her he had Shannan in his care that morning, and she testified to the same under oath.

It continues to be my belief that Shannan Gilbert, Michael Pak and Peter Hackett's paths intersected near 47 Larboard Court in Oak Beach near dawn on May 1, 2010, and that Peter Hackett administered some type of sedative to Shannan, in the presence of Michael Pak, in order to calm her down.

Once the sedative took effect Peter Hackett "discharged" Shannan into the custody of Michael Pak.

The sedative interacted with other substances and/or medications in Shannan's system causing her to become unresponsive in Michael Pak's car.

Michael Pak would've had a choice to do what was right and accept the consequences or to extricate himself from the situation to protect himself.

Instead of returning to Peter Hackett, calling the police, calling emergency medical services or taking Shannan to the nearest hospital (either Good Samaritan or South Side, both within 15 minutes of Oak Beach), Michael Pak chose to leave an unresponsive Shannan Gilbert in the marsh (just off the shoulder of Ocean Parkway, which is the route he would've had to take to get home), and then dump her belongings in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's backyard.

Peter Hackett contacted Mari Gilbert as a "routine medical follow up" (he had no idea when he called that she was lying dead in the marsh three quarters of a mile northeast of his backyard).

Once Peter Hackett discovered that Shannan was "missing" (we know now that she was dead by the time he made the phone call) he immediately had to deny any interaction with her to avoid any culpability.

IMO

ACG2x commented about MP.​

"but he's never struck me as a particularly smooth or smart criminal"

Biases about suspects, can quickly lead to mistaken assumptions. How smooth or smart a criminal is, should not be based on opinions, but on his ability to avoid arrest.

Shannan was within a two minute walk of Peter Hackett's house when she was knocking on Barbara Brennan's door.

Brennan's was the next-to-last house on the block, Hackett was the last - they were next-door neighbors, so the walk from one house to the next would be about ten seconds.

I think Hackett, his wife, and his kids all slept soundly through SG's stop at Brennan's house, and that Hackett found out about it the next day. Maybe some day we'll know for sure.

ACG2x commented about MP.​

"but he's never struck me as a particularly smooth or smart criminal"

Biases about suspects, can quickly lead to mistaken assumptions. How smooth or smart a criminal is, should not be based on opinions, but on his ability to avoid arrest.
OK fair - but what I'm referring to is MP's ability to on the spot concoct a plan to nab Shanann, take her elsewhere, murder her then bring her back to a still unfamiliar marshland area and dispose of her body on one side of the marsh & her belongings on another to make it appear as if her death was accidental.

That seems unlikely to begin with, but certainly so with the level of sophistication that MP had as a criminal and a person in general. He's avoided arrest because he's either not speaking further on Shanann's death and there's not enough evidence to charge him as culpable in it or he wasn't involved in it so has nothing to hide. It's not because he created some brilliant criminal master plan that's fooled LE all these years - at least not IMO.

There is much circumstantial evidence pointing toward Peter Hackett being involved with Shannan Gilbert on the morning of May 1, 2010. You only need to read the affidavits and transcripts that have been filed.

There is direct evidence that Peter Hackett contacted Mari Gilbert from his wife's cell phone.

Mari Gilbert stated to Detective Camacho that Peter Hackett told her he had Shannan in his care that morning, and she testified to the same under oath.

It continues to be my belief that Shannan Gilbert, Michael Pak and Peter Hackett's paths intersected near 47 Larboard Court in Oak Beach near dawn on May 1, 2010, and that Peter Hackett administered some type of sedative to Shannan, in the presence of Michael Pak, in order to calm her down.

Once the sedative took effect Peter Hackett "discharged" Shannan into the custody of Michael Pak.

The sedative interacted with other substances and/or medications in Shannan's system causing her to become unresponsive in Michael Pak's car.

Michael Pak would've had a choice to do what was right and accept the consequences or to extricate himself from the situation to protect himself.

Instead of returning to Peter Hackett, calling the police, calling emergency medical services or taking Shannan to the nearest hospital (either Good Samaritan or South Side, both within 15 minutes of Oak Beach), Michael Pak chose to leave an unresponsive Shannan Gilbert in the marsh (just off the shoulder of Ocean Parkway, which is the route he would've had to take to get home), and then dump her belongings in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's backyard.

Peter Hackett contacted Mari Gilbert as a "routine medical follow up" (he had no idea when he called that she was lying dead in the marsh three quarters of a mile northeast of his backyard).

Once Peter Hackett discovered that Shannan was "missing" (we know now that she was dead by the time he made the phone call) he immediately had to deny any interaction with her to avoid any culpability.

IMO
That's an excellent synopsis and that theory is as good as any. What I can't reconcile about this version though is Shanann was clearly extremely frightened by MP on that night and - real or not - thought he was going to murder her. So how did Hackett & Pak come to meet and how did Pak get Shanann in his car?

I still think if MP is involved, it's most likely because Shanann ran away from him for whatever reason and went into the marshland to hide or take a shortcut and had an accident since she was under the influence and drowned.

Since this all happened so close to Hackett's home, I think he wanted attention so he contacted Mari and concocted the story. I think you're right in that he didn't know she was missing when he was doing this so then when he found out she was and eventually found dead, he backtracked hard out of fear.

That's an excellent synopsis and that theory is as good as any. What I can't reconcile about this version though is Shanann was clearly extremely frightened by MP on that night and - real or not - thought he was going to murder her. So how did Hackett & Pak come to meet and how did Pak get Shanann in his car?

I still think if MP is involved, it's most likely because Shanann ran away from him for whatever reason and went into the marshland to hide or take a shortcut and had an accident since she was under the influence and drowned.

Since this all happened so close to Hackett's home, I think he wanted attention so he contacted Mari and concocted the story. I think you're right in that he didn't know she was missing when he was doing this so then when he found out she was and eventually found dead, he backtracked hard out of fear.
In the January 10, 2016 statement of Joe Scalise of he states that on the morning of May 1, 2010 "he [Thomas Canning] meets up with Peter Hackett and he [Thomas Canning] and Peter meet up with Shannan."

This meeting would presumably be in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's residence at 47 Larboard Court, shortly after Shannan leaves Barbara Brennan's residence continuing her desperate search for help from any of the residences of Oak Beach. If Michael Pak had followed the route Shannan had taken down Anchor Way he very well could have caught up to Shannan after she left Barbara Brennan's property, and arrived in time to see Peter Hackett and Thomas Canning interacting with Shannan.

At this point Michael Pak tells them that he knows Shannan, and explains his version of events to them. Peter Hackett offers medical assistance and administers a sedative to Shannan in his home for wayward girls. He "discharges" a sedated Shannan into Michael Pak's custody where she is then assisted into his car, and they begin the trip back to Manhattan. Shortly after Shannan becomes unresponsive in Michael Pak's car, and as previously stated Michael Pak dumps Shannan into the marsh off the shoulder of Ocean Parkway, and leaves her belongings in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's yard (in the event Shannan is discovered this will point the blame toward Peter Hackett). A sedated Shannan would have been powerless to stop any of this from happening.

There is too much circumstantial evidence to believe that Peter Hackett was simply inserting himself into the situation to gain attention, and that he had no contact with Shannan.

In the May 28, 2014 transcript of Mari Gilbert she states on page 98, lines 5-13, "I received a call from a man who said his name was Dr. Peter Hackett. He ran a halfway house, uh, place for wayward girls and that Shannan was there, he was taking care of her. And her driver, a guy came by the name of Pak to picker her up, he promised to bring her back and, um, she's not back and he's worried about her. Um, he's trying to help her. And nobody knows where Shannan is."

In the September 24, 2014 sworn affidavit of Bruce Anderson of he states that "in or about the winter of 2011 Dr. Hackett personally told me that he ran a home for wayward girls; that he had taken Shannan Gilbert into his home in May 2010; that he had treated her with medication that he had administered to her; that she was confused, and had left his home, never to return."

Evelyn Scalise says in her statement that she "heard Peter Hackett tell Marianne Conti that he was thinking about opening a clinic for drug addicted, wayward girls and prostitutes."

Peter Hackett stopped himself while answering Erin Moriarty of 48 hours' question about him calling Mari Gilbert. Peter Hackett is then quoted as saying, “Yeah, I'm sure I did. When you give … look let me not get into it.”

I don't believe that Peter Hackett murdered Shannan or had any intent to cause her death. To the contrary I believe he was really trying to help her, and that he was duped by Michael Pak.

In the January 10, 2016 statement of Joe Scalise of he states that on the morning of May 1, 2010 "he [Thomas Canning] meets up with Peter Hackett and he [Thomas Canning] and Peter meet up with Shannan."

This meeting would presumably be in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's residence at 47 Larboard Court, shortly after Shannan leaves Barbara Brennan's residence continuing her desperate search for help from any of the residences of Oak Beach. If Michael Pak had followed the route Shannan had taken down Anchor Way he very well could have caught up to Shannan after she left Barbara Brennan's property, and arrived in time to see Peter Hackett and Thomas Canning interacting with Shannan.

At this point Michael Pak tells them that he knows Shannan, and explains his version of events to them. Peter Hackett offers medical assistance and administers a sedative to Shannan in his home for wayward girls. He "discharges" a sedated Shannan into Michael Pak's custody where she is then assisted into his car, and they begin the trip back to Manhattan. Shortly after Shannan becomes unresponsive in Michael Pak's car, and as previously stated Michael Pak dumps Shannan into the marsh off the shoulder of Ocean Parkway, and leaves her belongings in the vicinity of Peter Hackett's yard (in the event Shannan is discovered this will point the blame toward Peter Hackett). A sedated Shannan would have been powerless to stop any of this from happening.

There is too much circumstantial evidence to believe that Peter Hackett was simply inserting himself into the situation to gain attention, and that he had no contact with Shannan.

In the May 28, 2014 transcript of Mari Gilbert she states on page 98, lines 5-13, "I received a call from a man who said his name was Dr. Peter Hackett. He ran a halfway house, uh, place for wayward girls and that Shannan was there, he was taking care of her. And her driver, a guy came by the name of Pak to picker her up, he promised to bring her back and, um, she's not back and he's worried about her. Um, he's trying to help her. And nobody knows where Shannan is."

In the September 24, 2014 sworn affidavit of Bruce Anderson of he states that "in or about the winter of 2011 Dr. Hackett personally told me that he ran a home for wayward girls; that he had taken Shannan Gilbert into his home in May 2010; that he had treated her with medication that he had administered to her; that she was confused, and had left his home, never to return."

Evelyn Scalise says in her statement that she "heard Peter Hackett tell Marianne Conti that he was thinking about opening a clinic for drug addicted, wayward girls and prostitutes."

Peter Hackett stopped himself while answering Erin Moriarty of 48 hours' question about him calling Mari Gilbert. Peter Hackett is then quoted as saying, “Yeah, I'm sure I did. When you give … look let me not get into it.”

I don't believe that Peter Hackett murdered Shannan or had any intent to cause her death. To the contrary I believe he was really trying to help her, and that he was duped by Michael Pak.

The whole story about running a "home for wayward girls" in an exclusive residential neighborhood, as a retired physician with no experience in that field is very sketchy, JMO. Who does that? No one. Homes "for wayward girls" today are licensed facilities administered by professionals and overseen by social services and the local court system. It's not just a hobby you start in the basement of your home. That claim is absurd and very suspicious. Did anyone question him to find out who were the other girls he served? What services he provided? Did local police take "wayward girls" to his home for "treatment" on prior occasions? If they're overdosing on drugs or behaving hysterically, "wayward girls" should be taken to the local emergency room, not to the house of some doctor at Oak Beach. Is he licensed? No, sorry, I don't believe him. He was up to something. JMO

Did anyone question him to find out who were the other girls he served?
Did anyone question who? Hackett denies he said anything, ever, to anyone, about running a "home for wayward girls". So I'll guess that a question put to Hackett such as "who were the other girls you served?", would result in the answer, "I never served any girls".

There was a person down the lane from Hackett who did run a drug rehab at the time, just another typical bad apple from Oak Beach, but that's another story.

If this is the case - and it sounds very plausible - it's also likely that Pak was either evasive or lied about Shanann being under the influence of whatever she was under at the party.

Meaning, Pak could obviously tell something wasn't right with her throughout the 911 call and she sounded drugged, thought he (Pak) was going to kill her and wouldn't leave the house, etc. However, if she's given a sedative then she'll calm down and he can take her back to Manhattan uninterrupted. My question would be if the above is how it went down, did Shanann reach Hackett's house and did he give her the sedative before Pak found her or after?

I ask because if it was before and then Pak & Hackett engaged in conversation and Pak didn't tell Hackett what he observed with Shanann earlier in the evening/morning and allowed Hackett to give the sedative because it helped him calm her down so he wouldn't have to chase her around The Fairway anymore, then Pak would absolutely be guilty of criminal negligence.

Hackett wouldn't because as you noted, he had no idea Shanann was under the influence, however I'd be suspicious that as a medical doctor he couldn't tell something was off after observing her for a brief time, but that's more of a malpractice & lapse in judgement related item than it is criminal.

My only other item there is - why is Peter Hackett administering sedatives from his home? That's not usually a service that medical doctors offer and such drugs are supposed to be kept in clinics & hospitals for that reason. I am aware that the medical field has an ample number of questionable practitioners who are fine running pharmacies out of their domiciles, but regardless if he runs a home for wayward girls, administering medical-grade sedatives shouldn't be a service that such a home offers.

Which would give strength to the theory that it's in both Pak & Hackett's best interest to keep their mouths shut about that part because Hackett could lose his license and/or be sued for malpractice and Pak would go to prison.

why is Peter Hackett administering sedatives from his home?
He's not.
if he runs a home for wayward girls, administering medical-grade sedatives shouldn't be a service that such a home offers.
Doesn't run such a home.
Hackett could lose his license and/or be sued for malpractice
No indication he is practicing medicine.
No grounds to sue him for anything.

I don't know how much time would've been involved in the somewhat elaborate theory put forth above but whatever the theory, keep in mind that the cops were arriving on scene with a description of Pak's vehicle within 10 minutes of Brennan's 911 call. First one, followed shortly after by another.

If this is the case - and it sounds very plausible - it's also likely that Pak was either evasive or lied about Shanann being under the influence of whatever she was under at the party.

Meaning, Pak could obviously tell something wasn't right with her throughout the 911 call and she sounded drugged, thought he (Pak) was going to kill her and wouldn't leave the house, etc. However, if she's given a sedative then she'll calm down and he can take her back to Manhattan uninterrupted. My question would be if the above is how it went down, did Shanann reach Hackett's house and did he give her the sedative before Pak found her or after?

I ask because if it was before and then Pak & Hackett engaged in conversation and Pak didn't tell Hackett what he observed with Shanann earlier in the evening/morning and allowed Hackett to give the sedative because it helped him calm her down so he wouldn't have to chase her around The Fairway anymore, then Pak would absolutely be guilty of criminal negligence.

Hackett wouldn't because as you noted, he had no idea Shanann was under the influence, however I'd be suspicious that as a medical doctor he couldn't tell something was off after observing her for a brief time, but that's more of a malpractice & lapse in judgement related item than it is criminal.

My only other item there is - why is Peter Hackett administering sedatives from his home? That's not usually a service that medical doctors offer and such drugs are supposed to be kept in clinics & hospitals for that reason. I am aware that the medical field has an ample number of questionable practitioners who are fine running pharmacies out of their domiciles, but regardless if he runs a home for wayward girls, administering medical-grade sedatives shouldn't be a service that such a home offers.

Which would give strength to the theory that it's in both Pak & Hackett's best interest to keep their mouths shut about that part because Hackett could lose his license and/or be sued for malpractice and Pak would go to prison.
I'm convinced that Michael Pak was definitely evasive and lied about his version of events regarding Shannan. He had every reason to be. He has a past criminal record. During the 911 call he mentioned having a gun on him. He was involved in aiding and abetting or facilitating prostitution. He was in the company of people who were purchasing and using illegal substances. His ambition was to protect himself at all costs.

In this instance Michael Pak would be guilty are more than criminal negligence, he would be guilty of manslaughter. Peter Hackett could possibly be guilty of criminal negligence.

Based on the circumstances I believe Shannan left Barbara Brennan's property she ran east on Hatch Way Street continuing toward Larboard Court, where she encountered Peter Hackett and Thomas Canning. Michael Pak caught up to her during the encounter with Peter Hackett and Thomas Canning, and then explained his version of events to the two of them. Being that Peter Hackett was an older man, and a doctor, he may have been able to assure Shannan so much as to make her feel safe enough to allow him to help her. Peter Hackett, Thomas Canning and Michael Pak went into Peter Hackett's house with Shannan and then Peter Hackett was able to assess her in their presence. It was after the assessment that Peter Hackett decided to treat Shannan with a sedative. When the sedative took effect the decision was made for her to leave with Michael Pak. For all we know Michael Pak could've told Peter Hackett that he was going to take Shannan to the nearest hospital.

Peter Hackett was known to give unofficial medical treatment and advise to the people in the local neighborhood. Since he was a Doctor and EMS Paramedic he would have access to prescription medications and other medical supplies.

You are absolutely correct that in is in both of their interest to keep their mouths shut. Peter Hackett is being sued for malpractice at this time and Michael Pak is so far off the hook. I wonder if Peter Hackett is found liable for malpractice if he and Thomas Canning will tell what they know about Michael Pak's involvement.

I don't know how much time would've been involved in the somewhat elaborate theory put forth above but whatever the theory, keep in mind that the cops were arriving on scene with a description of Pak's vehicle within 10 minutes of Brennan's 911 call. First one, followed shortly after by another.
There were multiple calls to 911 that morning including the one from Gus Colleti and the one from Barbara Brennan. I'm not sure if the first officer to arrive was responding to Barbara Brennan or Gus Colleti. If it was the responder to Barbara Brennan who arrived first, then we know Barbara Brennan made no mention of the black SUV in her call, and that officer would have no reason to be searching for it, rather, he would be searching for a young woman. When the other responder arrived he would then link up with the first, and they would work together. Thomas Canning, Barbara Brennan, Justin Canning and then Gus Colleti all congregated around Barbara Brennan's house with the two responding police officers. The priority may have been to find the young woman not the black SUV.

OK fair - but what I'm referring to is MP's ability to on the spot concoct a plan to nab Shanann, take her elsewhere, murder her then bring her back to a still unfamiliar marshland area and dispose of her body on one side of the marsh & her belongings on another to make it appear as if her death was accidental.

That seems unlikely to begin with, but certainly so with the level of sophistication that MP had as a criminal and a person in general. He's avoided arrest because he's either not speaking further on Shanann's death and there's not enough evidence to charge him as culpable in it or he wasn't involved in it so has nothing to hide. It's not because he created some brilliant criminal master plan that's fooled LE all these years - at least not IMO.

I agree I do not think MP concocted a plan by himself. He could have had accomplices like Brewer and Hackett.

If you believe Hackett treated Shannan in Pak's presence, as Hackett has stated. Shannan's death and disposal of her body was a very simple plan. 'Shes dead, dump her in the swamp. End of story.

I agree I do not think MP concocted a plan by himself. He could have had accomplices like Brewer and Hackett.

If you believe Hackett treated Shannan in Pak's presence, as Hackett has stated. Shannan's death and disposal of her body was a very simple plan. 'Shes dead, dump her in the swamp. End of story.
If Michael Pak were part of a conspiracy to kill Shannan I don’t believe it would be a conspiracy between Michael Pak, Joseph Brewer and Peter Hackett. It is more plausible to believe he would be involved in a conspiracy more along the lines of the theory put forth by @Girlinterrupted. In terms of a conspiracy to cover up the circumstances surrounding Shannan’s death there could be a conspiracy between Michael Pak, Joseph Brewer and Peter Hackett. In my personal opinion Joseph Brewer’s culpability would only be soliciting prostitution and providing Shannan with illegal drugs and alcohol. Once Shannan left his house Joseph Brewer had no more control over what would happen to her, and all other circumstances surrounding her death would fall on Michael Pak and Peter Hackett. I’m not sure that the two of them would conspire with each other to keep it quiet, as much as it would be that each of them had their own reasons as individuals to keep the truth from coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater