Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lyssie. What struck me:

Harrison says ‘a lot of great work has been done on the investigation’.

He emphasises his police background with NYPD.

He refers to him being ‘a fresh pair of eyes’ which would indicate he believes the investigation has stalled because it needs new people to look at old evidence and also because SCPD had exhausted leads rather than not bothered investigating them at all.

He praises the current investigation team and it’s leader and SCPD in general.

He said once he ‘may’ release the Shannan tapes.

He qualified that 4 times by saying he’d only do it if it wouldn't ‘impede’ the investigation just like the last 4 overseers of the case.

Harrison fulsomely praised the investigation team, it’s leader & SCPD in general.

John Ray says the police are still actively campaigning & lobbying Harrison NOT to release any of the tape. And Harrison certainly sounds like a big supporter of SCPD.

Only a mug would think the release of the tape is going to happen. It was a vote luring election empty promise. No chance the tapes will be heard until he leaves office.

He’s got no intention of releasing them.

I have a feeling that you are correct.

Maybe I can draft Tierney's announcement. It will probably be along these lines.

After long and detailed discussions and reviewing all the evidence including the 911 tapes, with the hierarchy and the 'crack' investigative team of the SCPD who with great dedication and fervor are 'actively' investigating all these murders, I have decided not to allow the release of these tapes.
This is an ongoing investigation, and after ten years of we are still waiting for everybody in the media and the public to forget about these murders. Any more publicity, such as the release of the tapes would place even more burdens on the SCPD and raise questions about their competence beyond what has been discovered already.

I have decided that the entire justice system in Suffolk County should maintain a low profile, enforce the traffic laws stringently and hope this issue will just fade away.

He’s got no intention of releasing them.
I have heard only good things about him. But I agree, I do not think we will ever get to hear that call. I'd even like to hear the calls from GC and BB. If he is saying this, acting like he will release the tapes, he has to do SOMEthing...and i think that something may be someone innocent taking the fall for this. I don't think Bittrolff is guilty, either. I believe it is a great possibility the cop or cops that were looked into for those crimes were guilty and Brittrolff got framed. I don't think the truth can ever come out because of all the dominoes lined up...too many elite would fall.

Maybe I can draft Tierney's announcement. It will probably be along these lines.

After long and detailed discussions and reviewing all the evidence including the 911 tapes, with the hierarchy and the 'crack' investigative team of the SCPD who with great dedication and fervor are 'actively' investigating all these murders, I have decided not to allow the release of these tapes.
This is an ongoing investigation, and after ten years of we are still waiting for everybody in the media and the public to forget about these murders. Any more publicity, such as the release of the tapes would place even more burdens on the SCPD and raise questions about their competence beyond what has been discovered already.

I have decided that the entire justice system in Suffolk County should maintain a low profile, enforce the traffic laws stringently and hope this issue will just fade away.
I can tell you, as a local, that most people I know do not follow this case, and have long forgotten that there is an unsolved serial killing case in their back yards. Sadly, they are correct that people lose interest over time.

Spot on.

I have heard only good things about him. But I agree, I do not think we will ever get to hear that call. I'd even like to hear the calls from GC and BB. If he is saying this, acting like he will release the tapes, he has to do SOMEthing...and i think that something may be someone innocent taking the fall for this. I don't think Bittrolff is guilty, either. I believe it is a great possibility the cop or cops that were looked into for those crimes were guilty and Brittrolff got framed. I don't think the truth can ever come out because of all the dominoes lined up...too many elite would fall.

Well he’s just campaigned so a lot of good stuff will go out, less bad.

Interesting theory.

I don’t even think there will be a fall guy, it’ll just be left unsolved.

If it is solved I do believe it’ll be the right person. Because it was 10-15 years ago and the people involved are dead or retired. I also don’t think they would rat on the others (if there are any) because:

a) It’d expose more crimes they were involved in and lengthen their sentence

b) they all know too much about each other.

c) Rats have a harder time in prison

d) They’d end up like Epstein

I can tell you, as a local, that most people I know do not follow this case, and have long forgotten that there is an unsolved serial killing case in their back yards. Sadly, they are correct that people lose interest over time.

That’s very sad, but it has received huge publicity recently via Kolker’s book, Netflix, podcasts, the election promises, the cops jailed.

I think just maybe some people don’t say it allowed or want to discuss it openly. Especially because some of them may not care for compassionate reasons but because they are thinking about house prices rising, tourism improving, a better reputation for the area etc.

Harrison has already heard the 911 tapes:
https://www.newsweek.com/top-cop-pl...ler-case-will-release-911-calls-1664972?amp=1

Most likely will not be released because of course it is tied to LISK investigation. But Harrison seems like a good guy from what I’ve read; and the fact that he’s coming from NYPD gives reason to be optimistic.

Anything regarding Tierney's promise to release the 911 call contents?

Anything regarding Tierney's promise to release the 911 call contents?
I believe it was Rodney Anderson who said he would release it...if it didn't interfere with the case. The headlines were deceiving. I have not heard anything since. Making me weary of the new regime who promises much...let's see what they deliver, if anything.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I found this channel on YouTube. It’s rather odd. There are some random clips up there regarding different aspects of the case, including recorded conversations and also screen shots of text messages, between this person and Pak. They have a disdain for John Ray the attorney. It seems the person running the channel may have worked for him at some point. If this has been posted before my apologies. Just thought I’d share here. One of the most interesting things I saw on this page was a photo of Shannon’s phone records from the day before her death. There are several calls to Pak back and forth but the one I find most compelling is the phone call she makes to a CVS at 2:55am just 2 hours before her 911 call. I don’t recall this ever being discussed. I live on Long Island and I’m very familiar with that area. In fact I’ve visited that CVS a few times because it was one of the only 24/hour Cvs’s for a while. What in the world could she have been looking for at a cvs at that time?that cvs is back on the mainland, nowhere near oak beach. She would’ve had to have been driven there. Most calls are to her boyfriend. Pak, some toll free number and the cvs and finally 911

https://youtube.com/channel/UCdMmGGOnPtn6n9JDfjYN65Q

One of the most interesting things I saw on this page was a photo of Shannon’s phone records from the day before her death.

That's a photo of someone's hand-typed and probably imaginary listing of phone calls. Phone companies do not show 911 calls on bills; they are non-billable calls which are considered sensitive information. Interestingly, this same forgery was used on some 48 Hours thing on the case, showing that people can be so, so easily fooled. The 911 call happened, but no phone bills would show it.

Will 911 show on Dialed Calls list? - Verizon Community
https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/a0x6oo/a_question_for_knowledgeable_people_about_911/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998