Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something that always stood out to me...especially considering it probably would have been sunrise after all this transpired...

"Shannan’s pocketbook, jeans, shoes and lip gloss were found in the marsh near Anchor Way, near the area residents of Oak Beach reported last seeing her. If Shannan’s remains were found with these items, the accidental drowning theory would make sense. But they weren’t.

Shannan’s body was found on the other side of the marsh, which means she would have had to travel a quarter of a mile by foot, wading through areas of waist-high water, through the quicksand-like areas and towering reeds of the marsh. She would also have had to unbuckle her sandals and maneuver out of her tight-fitting jeans near the beginning of this journey.

If this did happen, and Shannan traveled a quarter of a mile through the marsh half naked, why did she accidentally drown only 100 feet away from the safety of Ocean Parkway in shallow water?"

Reported by
Jaclyn Galucci
MAY 1, 2013
The long Island Press

Just something that always stood out to me...especially considering it probably would have been sunrise after all this transpired...

"Shannan’s pocketbook, jeans, shoes and lip gloss were found in the marsh near Anchor Way, near the area residents of Oak Beach reported last seeing her. If Shannan’s remains were found with these items, the accidental drowning theory would make sense. But they weren’t.

Shannan’s body was found on the other side of the marsh, which means she would have had to travel a quarter of a mile by foot, wading through areas of waist-high water, through the quicksand-like areas and towering reeds of the marsh. She would also have had to unbuckle her sandals and maneuver out of her tight-fitting jeans near the beginning of this journey.

If this did happen, and Shannan traveled a quarter of a mile through the marsh half naked, why did she accidentally drown only 100 feet away from the safety of Ocean Parkway in shallow water?"

Reported by
Jaclyn Galucci
MAY 1, 2013
The long Island Press

We may never get the answer. What exactly happened to Shannan after she fled several peoples homes after they tried to help her is not known, & we may never know.

There is a lot of speculation from the public, but without hard evidence, etc.....its all speculation.

Reported by
Jaclyn Galucci
MAY 1, 2013
The long Island Press
Hypothetically, she first heads in to the marsh and almost immediately hits a soft area that might even have standing water. The possibility of her sinking in slightly is very real and would explain her having to remove her shoes and pants, dropping her purse and lip gloss. She continues on, under pure adrenaline, in an extremely physically challenging trek through the marsh until she ultimately collapses. This could happen to a fit athlete under ideal circumstances. Make it a smaller woman under max adrenaline and fear and possible intoxicants, and the idea of her collapse in the marsh is not too farfetched.

Reported by
Jaclyn Galucci
MAY 1, 2013
The long Island Press

Hypothermia is my guess. 52°F + wet conditions. It would explain why her clothes were disrobed. It's called paradoxical undressing. Exhaustion and unconsciousness could have kicked in within 1-3 hours. Possibly even quicker considering she was in a wet marsh.

Hypothetically, she first heads in to the marsh and almost immediately hits a soft area that might even have standing water. The possibility of her sinking in slightly is very real and would explain her having to remove her shoes and pants, dropping her purse and lip gloss. She continues on, under pure adrenaline, in an extremely physically challenging trek through the marsh until she ultimately collapses. This could happen to a fit athlete under ideal circumstances. Make it a smaller woman under max adrenaline and fear and possible intoxicants, and the idea of her collapse in the marsh is not too farfetched.
Was the $500 Shannan should have received in advance of her date with Joseph Brewer found with any of her belongings?

Call me crazy all you want, I'm still declaring SG's death a homicide personally.
However she eventually died, I am of the opinion, as well, that some other(s) had a role to play in her demise. Whether strangulation, expiration due to bad reaction to intoxicants (that could have been in part administered against her will), or fleeing into a marsh and succumbing to the effects of hypothermia, Shannan is not to blame. IMO, there is culpability, involving others. It's just being able to get the right proof, and enough proof, IMO. Whether that will happen, I have no idea, but I hope it does.

Data dump PDF of documents John Ray provided at his press conference.
Warning: Contains graphic images/autopsy report
I still don't understand how Peter Hackett has not always been the main person of interest. I was not aware of the affidavits regarding his presence until reading them in these documents. It is hard for me to believe that he is not involved. Maybe he is not LISK, maybe Shannan was not murdered by LISK, but he seems to be ever-present in everything related to her case.

I still don't understand how Peter Hackett has not always been the main person of interest. I was not aware of the affidavits regarding his presence until reading them in these documents. It is hard for me to believe that he is not involved. Maybe he is not LISK, maybe Shannan was not murdered by LISK, but he seems to be ever-present in everything related to her case.
Peter Hackett and Michael Pak know more about Shannan’s death then they are letting on.

This would definitely be a good reason, as to why PH has not always been the main POI!
Has the owner of the belt, finally been revealed?

Listen and decide for yourself!

This would definitely be a good reason, as to why PH has not always been the main POI!

Ray is overreaching with the belt imo.....no way is Hackett LISK. Is Hackett responsible for Shannans death? Maybe, but If so, the only thing I can see is he gave her a sedative, or whatever other drug that may have given her an overdose, etc....

Is Ray saying Hackett chased her down & strangled her? I dont see it......it could also be an accident by exposure as well.

Ray has had tunnel vision theory from the beginning, & his mind wont change no matter what evidence comes out/produced in the future.

The only thing we can all do is speculate on what happened because unless the detectives have more than theyre letting on, I dont see anything changing.

Last edited:
Ray is overreaching with the belt imo.....no way is Hackett LISK. Is Hackett responsible for Shannans death? Maybe, but If so, the only thing I can see is he gave her a sedative, or whatever other drug that may have given her an overdose, etc....

Is Ray saying Hackett chased her down & strangled her? I dont see it......it could also be an accident by exposure as well.

Ray has had tunnel vision theory from the beginning, & his mind wont change no matter what evidence comes out/produced in the future.

The only thing we can all do is speculate on what happened because unless the detectives have more than theyre letting on, I dont see anything changing.
19:49 dispatch says… “there’s a shield on the car”

I’ve listened to the broadcast and have some feedback.

It is an incredible revelation that the person responsible for investigating Shannan Gilbert’s death also happens to be neighbors and close friends with one of the main persons of interest. If this is confirmed there can be no doubt as to why the investigators were slow to release information to the public, and quick to resolve the case as a tragic death from “misadventure”.

I do not agree with John Ray regarding the initials on the belt. People usually initial with their first and last initials. If the initials on the belt were BWH then he may have a valid point.

When John Ray was discussing the conversation between Mari Gilbert and Detective Camacho he stated that Mari Gilbert told him that Peter Hackett said he had treated Shannan and then she left with her boyfriend who could only be Michael Pak.

I believe that the injuries to Shannan’s hyoid were a result of an enraged Joseph Brewer assaulting her when she initially refused to leave, the assault being what prompted Shannan to call 911.

I don’t believe Peter Hackett is responsible for the murders of any of the GB4 or the dismembered victims. I don’t believe he intended to cause Shannan’s death, rather, I think he was really trying to help her. He could be guilty of involuntary manslaughter, but not murder. I believe Michael Pak on the other hand is guilty of something far more sinister. I believe he either disposed of Shannan’s body in the marsh, or left her to die there.

If Michael Pak had taken Shannan to one of the two hospitals that were within 15 minutes of Oak Beach, either Good Samaritan in West Islip or South Side in Bay Shore, would she have survived?

Last edited:
There's much discussion about the fact that Shannan was hired from out of town. She and three of the GB4 were all from out of town; and in reality, Amber was not a local either. She had only moved to NY in 2009. As Long Island has no shortage of its own sex workers, why would LISK be targeting workers who are not LI locals???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson