Eating ice cream.
- Jul 11, 2015
- Reaction score
1) Shannan had a pending court date already. She wasn't going to be released if she straight up told them she was selling sex. There is no guarantee of that anyway, anywhere. Do you have a link that suggests that the norm was to release with a court date? It might be now, because right around 2020 NYS made it a policy to release with court dates where feasible. But this preceded this time.IMO Shannan had the least problems with calling 911.
She can tell the cops straight up shes selling sex and be taken in and released with a court date, under 12 hours, or maybe even given an appearance ticket.
Brewer, lives there. He's the one that would be embarrassed by having the cops in his small, rich community, likely nosey, at 5AM. Then all his neighbors would find out he's doing drugs, or whatever, with a sex worker. Far from a good look in any neighborhood, let alone his. I think he thought Shannan was just out of it and her driver would handle it.
Pak, is the convicted felon in possession of what is likely a stolen gun . He's looking at real jail time. NY gun laws are the most unconstitutional in the entire country.
IMO people need to stop thinking of there actions that night through a normal lenses and actually put yourself in their shoes. Your first reaction to someone having a mental episode might be to call 911 because you might be a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide.
Jesus Christ Almighty , people forget, we had to pass laws letting teens and college students know its okay to call 911 if one of their friends has alcohol poison or OD'ing on drugs. Yet, even with those laws protecting people from prosecution for calling in an OD, people still get cold feet and let others die, rather than call 911. You really think a sex workers driver's, or some jerk that met her that night, first thought is to call 911, even though she conscious, when some people would do it for a passed out "best friend"?
2) People are (foolishly) afraid if getting the person who is ODing in trouble, so they try to handle it themselves. It is not something that relates to this situation, if your argument is that they are strangers. People (foolishly) don't narc on their partying best friend. They have no problem saying that this chic I hardly know seems to be ODing or something.
3)there is not one iota of evidence that drugs were a factor with Shannan that evening.
4) there is a lot of evidence that both Pak and Brewer are lying, contradicting one another, and taking the fifth about that evening.
5) Shannan screamed after a wordless shuffle of some sort, and neither Pak nor Brewer behave as if the scream is a surprise to them.
6) before that scream, brewer repeatedly tells Shannan that the three of them are going to leave together. Shannan wants Pak to take her home. Brewer wants the three of them to go outside together. Why?
7) Pak is supposed to be her security. Why doesn't he say one Thing about keeping her safe? Never once does he say "Nobody's trying to kill you. I won't allow it. I will keep you safe.?"
8) she was begging Pak and Brewer to "stop." Stop what? what Is unusual is they don't ask her what she means by stop. In fact their behavior on the tape is very, very strange.
You have repeated that she'd be released on an appearance ticket more than once. There is simply no reason to believe that is a sure thing about anyone picked up on prostitution charges, except the John. It is especially untrue in her case, because she was already released on one. But it is a silly convo, because if she claimed to visit Brewer to play checkers, he wouldn't contradict her, would he? Her risk would be that she had a pending charge, and police might look that up. This risk did not apply to Pak or Brewer.
she was the most vulnerable to LE. But she risked calling 911 and hoping they'd find her by "tracing" her call because she was terrified.
and all the strange behavior recorded on tape only becomes less explicable when you add in the Hackett calls to Mari.
Thank you for the advice, but I will keep looking at this through normal lenses. If you want to look at this through your lens where people cajole an escort to all leave together when the date is over and she has her ride, laugh when she says youre trying to kill me without denying it, not comment when she screams on tape, and then lie, lie, lie about the evening for the following years, go ahead. I'll keep looking at it normally.