Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mom stated a lot of sideways things in the beginning.

I have yet to find the particular article I was speaking of, but found this, and will look for the other quotes that she was on the highway before they guessed she then ran into the marsh by her remains being found there. There was an item found on the highway. Her other items were not found until much later.

[ He suggested that a high and scared Gilbert had collapsed and drowned in shallow water after bolting from the highway. When her remains were found separately from her belongings, Dormer told local reporters “You know, that’s explainable because she’s hysterical. We know that and she’s discarding her possessions as she moves along. Her jeans could have come off moving in that environment. We’ve looked at this very carefully and that is a possibility, that the jeans came off and she kept running, kept running towards the lights. Obviously, she was disturbed that night.” ]

A map of Shannon's alleged movements and where her body rested. I have a hunch she was taken during her run and returned later.

Article:
Shannan’s body was found on the other side of the marsh[FONT=&amp], which means she would have had to travel a quarter of a mile by foot, wading through areas of waist-high water, through the quicksand-like areas and towering reeds of the marsh. She would also have had to unbuckle her sandals and maneuver out of her tight-fitting jeans near the beginning of this journey.[/FONT][COLOR=#464646 !important][FONT=&amp]If this did happen, and Shannan traveled a quarter of a mile through the marsh half naked, why did she accidentally drown only 100 feet away from the safety of Ocean Parkway in shallow water?

[/FONT]http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/12/14/gilgo-victims-families-say-shannan-gilbert-was-murdered/ [FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
[/FONT][/
A: Joseph Brewer's home, where Shannan Gilbert ran from; B: Anchor Way, where she was last seen running; To the right is the marshland. Blue box: where Gilbert's jeans, cell phone, pocketbook, shoes and lip gloss were found. Red box: Where human remains were found Tuesday. (Google Maps/Long Island Press)

Attachments

• MAP.jpg
    MAP.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
I just signed on to this site after seeing the killing season episodes. What I find interesting is a change in Wikipedia and other stories since I first started checking out in depth about Gilbert, one thing in particular: how she was identified to police-the metal plate in her jaw. This was later corroborated by her former boyfriend who punched her, causing the broken jaw. Strange this isn't mentioned anymore when I do a search

When we in the NYPD were searching for Antonella Mattina we searched the swampy area nearby. Did a hand to hand search and it was put on a search grid. Many months later we get a call there was a body found in the area we searched. I should say a skeleton/decomposed body. It was now winter and the foliage had thinned out. We panicked believing we missed Antonella. Checked it out and found it was NOT Antonella, but another body. Dogs went through that same area and missed it.

Judging by the condition of the body it was there when we first passed by.

Salsa, the bramble seperates Ocean Pkwy and the weeds where SG was found. Its not possible to get through the bramble to reach the Pkwy. Shannan never made it to the Pkwy.

There are several investigators that doubted the story she ventured a quarter mile through the thick marsh and died 30-100 ft from the expressway. I doubt it too. They failed to do any readily available forensics tests to prove their theory. There is a forensics test that will tell them with 100% accuracy if she died in the very spot she laid or was killed elsewhere and later staged and dumped in the location. They did not have this done.

With all the unanswered questions surrounding her death, many suspects, and a rampant serial killer on the loose, their failing to prove Shannon's death through forensics is very questionable.

There are several investigators that doubted the story she ventured a quarter mile through the thick marsh and died 30-100 ft from the expressway. I doubt it too. They failed to do any readily available forensics tests to prove their theory. There is a forensics test that will tell them with 100% accuracy if she died in the very spot she laid or was killed elsewhere and later staged and dumped in the location. They did not have this done.

With all the unanswered questions surrounding her death, many suspects, and a rampant serial killer on the loose, their failing to prove Shannon's death through forensics is very questionable.
There are things about SG case we will never know. Im not sure test could be done where she was found. Shannan was in the marsh during hurricane Irene.

Please do not take it that I write my theories as non questionable facts. I enjoy looking at all aspects and sharing different findings and theories.

They did not do a diatom test and their main theory was she drowned.

[FONT=&quot]***Even when there are only skeletal remains, diatoms can be detected in the bone marrow of drowned victims.

[/FONT]
Also, they can compare the diatoms to the diatoms found in the vegetation around Shannon to determine if it matches the numbers and type to prove she died in the area.

There are also other tests to prove this that they didn't do. They wrapped her case up with just as much as, whelp she drowned, case closed???? With all the dramatic events surrounding her case, I find this odd.

Who would strangled her?

-Her driver who was the person responsible for her safety and who police would surely know he was one of the last people to see her?
-The man who last hired her and who would surely expect the police to look at him to be the primary suspect?
-A one-legged middle-aged doctor who could never possibly run after her through the swampy reeds?
-A whacky but physically fit life guard who had motives to frame a one legged doctor because of neighborhood family wars and then would be the one person who constantly wrote on the LISK website and on WordPress where SG's remains were to be found in the drainage ditches behind the docs house, how she died and how the doc would store the bodies of the gb4 in those same ditches until they decomposed?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SrlKlr-12-10-4-id-d-more-found-3-11-12/page21

Agree.

But imo. Even if the drug dealing doctor couldn't chase her down. He still had something to do with it since he called her mother twice and stated that he was taking care of her and others like her.

Then he denied it.

But was busted.

So who does that? Jmo.

He should have at least been held on a 5150 hold after these calls were discovered from the drug dealing doctor.

When Shannon and Brewer went for the ride, could it be possible she was looking for drugs and Brewer brought her to the Doc's house. The Doc may have wanted to impress Brewer by giving her some drugs? He may have called because he had no idea if she was okay. If I gave someone pills and they later were running around as Shannon did and disappeared, I would be scared and worried. I do not think he would call in the way he did, if he knew she was dead.

If SG and JB went for a ride in the area to get drugs at that time of night, it probably happened only after JB made a call to set it up. IF that's what happened, the police know exactly where they went on that short drive because of JB's phone records.

She was found in an area of a swamp that was drained. During decomposition her body, clothing, purse, etc.. surely floated around.

There is zero ability to do any forensic testing on soil when it was clear that it flooded seasonally.

Agree.

But imo. Even if the drug dealing doctor couldn't chase her down. He still had something to do with it since he called her mother twice and stated that he was taking care of her and others like her.

Then he denied it.

But was busted.

So who does that? Jmo.

He should have at least been held on a 5150 hold after these calls were discovered from the drug dealing doctor.

Can you please provide a link to backup your statement that the doc was a drug dealer?

If SG and JB went for a ride in the area to get drugs at that time of night, it probably happened only after JB made a call to set it up. IF that's what happened, the police know exactly where they went on that short drive because of JB's phone records.

EXACTLY and even SG's records support a 20 minute roundtrip drive to CVS!

It's not a gravestone until it's properly marked and set to mark a gravesite. There are plenty of mistakes made in spelling, information put on and breakage during the cutting and carving that makes what was going to be a gravestone a plain old rock. The jetties at Oak Beach are made with all sorts of rocks, broken concrete, and yes, debris from monument fabricators.

I read an interesting viewpoint from an old article that mentioned Shannon was probably not aware of what she was running into by going in the marsh. I had no idea either until I read it. The mud can catch your legs like quicksand and you can sink up to your waist and be stuck and when the tide comes in, you will drown. Another interesting point about the area where the bodies were found is it is wall to wall poison ivy.

You can easily step into a hole in the marsh and be thigh-deep in mud in a flash. If you lack the strength to extricate yourself, you are in trouble. I'm glad that the poison ivy was brought up. Locals know enough not to step too far off the highway or even on your own property. In colder months the poison ivy shrinks back, but by July it makes a vicious comeback. By early May it awakens from its winter nap. If you had to look for someone you'd think twice about walking through it at any time of the year.

A map of Shannon's alleged movements and where her body rested. I have a hunch she was taken during her run and returned later.

Article:
Shannan’s body was found on the other side of the marsh, which means she would have had to travel a quarter of a mile by foot, wading through areas of waist-high water, through the quicksand-like areas and towering reeds of the marsh. She would also have had to unbuckle her sandals and maneuver out of her tight-fitting jeans near the beginning of this journey.[COLOR=#464646 !important]If this did happen, and Shannan traveled a quarter of a mile through the marsh half naked, why did she accidentally drown only 100 feet away from the safety of Ocean Parkway in shallow water?

http://archive.longislandpress.com/...ms-families-say-shannan-gilbert-was-murdered/
attachment.php
[/
A: Joseph Brewer's home, where Shannan Gilbert ran from; B: Anchor Way, where she was last seen running; To the right is the marshland. Blue box: where Gilbert's jeans, cell phone, pocketbook, shoes and lip gloss were found. Red box: Where human remains were found Tuesday. (Google Maps/Long Island Press)

I agree with parts of this theory. I think she could have doubled back and made it to the OP and was picked up by car. Maybe she ran from the car at that point into the marsh, or was strangled and dumped? That is quite a distance to travel by dark on that terrain, although she could have followed the lights on the road or had the Captree bridge in sight. Was there a full moon that night? Close.. it was a full moon on 4/28. This would have provided ample light to cover a good distance safely on foot.

https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_phases/2010

Looking at the map, the straight line between the blue and red boxes may have not been that wet, but that depends on how much rain that spring dumped in the area. The open areas show on the map would have tended to have been relatively dry.

"Shortly after she arrived, Gilbert and Brewer left the house in his vehicle for about 15 minutes but did not leave Oak Beach..."

Is there a CVS in Oak Beach? Is it this one listed as West Islip??

There are no chain stores on OB or Gilgo, the CVS in WI is the closest and walking distance (5 minutes) from the Brewer residence close to 27A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member