Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by shadowraiths, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DQN

DQN Former Member

SCPC may not be lisk, however all we have learned about him he is certainly capable of one of the murders.

2. maddalena1

maddalena1 New Member

Mari had to do something to bring attention to the death of Shannan and if local law enforcement would have paid attention like they should have I doubt a civil suit would have ever been filed. Actually it was a smart chess move

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. maddalena1

maddalena1 New Member

I think lisk is someone with more money and power than burke. However, I think burke is very well aware of this master of ceremonies. Burke is a guy that wants to fit in with other guys. He's a tough guy and it would have been super if he chose to work for the good of humanity instead of the dark side. We all have the choice. Burke is a follower.

4. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

You are wrong.

Here are couple of links (and there are probably a dozen more available)

Shannan Gilbert's Cause of Death "Undetermined," According to Medical Examiner's Office

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...mains-Serial-Killer-Prostitute-149687895.html

Two years to the day after the Jersey City woman disappeared, her death has been classified as "undetermined," police said Tuesday.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...lbert-s-cause-of-death-undetermined-1.3692324

5. Mimimak

Mimimak Member

"Determined to be an accident" by a corrupt police department.

6. fred&edna

Yes. The word "accident" always makes me think of Dormer. :maddening:

Actually, Cakes is right in a way... SCPD wants it both ways... or maybe that's all three ways (depending upon their needs)... accident, undetermined or murder (as Detective Portela said about releasing the 911 call recording it would interfere with their investigation).

And, isn't Portela the one who Leeann spoke with???

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...-suffolk-fights-release-1.11531924?pts=444626

The release “would compromise confidential information and interfere with and frustrate the SCPD’s efforts with respect to that investigation,” Det. Patrick Portela, the lead investigator, said in a court filing.

7. allmybecsloveme

allmybecsloveme Member

Skeletonized does not = accidental.

I'm not saying she was killed by LISK. She *could* have been killed by LISK. She could have been killed by someone else. Or it could have been an accident. However, what we are saying is that we don't know. What YOU are saying is "it was 100% for sure an accident, I somehow know this for a fact".

Now, back to Shannan, please.

8. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

First Post in Thread:
    BBM

:bump:

Thread Title:
    Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Forum:
    Long Island Serial Killer

9. fred&edna

In a better world it wouldn't have taken SCPD months to follow up on a missing person from a gated community after being on a call with 911 for 23 minutes. By waiting to speak to witnesses and those involved ALONG with waiting months to search for a body... they created the first media circus. Instead of finding Shannan they found other bodies and naturally reporters descended upon the area. Time passes and finally Shannan's body is found with no clear evidence of how she died. Then you add-in the police chief hauled away in handcuffs by the FBI and then sentenced to prison. What's happening now with lawsuits and accusations.... it ain't pretty but they didn't start this mess.

10. Hotpotato

Hotpotato Member

You know what else gets me? They say SC didn't respond because it was rerouted to state troopers. Well, here it doesn't matter who gets the call. They all hear it and troopers have jurisdiction to go help or try to find her anywhere. I understand she didn't really know where she was but imo SC, state police and heck even Nassau should all have been out trying to find someone in this situation. The whole excuse of it not being touted to the right agency is bogus. Unless NY operates differently than the PNW (and if that's the case please explain it to me)

11. DQN

DQN Former Member

Normal LE agencies are all over a call, where ever it comes from, SCPD was busy with thier hookers and didn't care to respond. Or purposely didn't respond.

12. maddalena1

maddalena1 New Member

FACT

13. fred&edna

I've never seen so many "insiders" involved with a case. And, probably because the case has dragged on without any real closure (as "undetermined" isn't really closure), the insiders have busied themselves with "outing" the other, turning on each other, blogging and FB-posting about everyone, and passing personal phone records around like a chain letter. It's bizarre. I think they're still in the process of morphing... each week seems to bring a new stage.

14. Kali&89

Kali&89 Member

You are so right!!! She told them she was or thought she was near Jones beach and that someone was trying to kill her ...they should have been on their way out to Jones beach while she was still on the phone!!

15. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

Greetings all, I've temporarily closed this thread. People need to cool their jets and stop accusing each other, as well as stop the disrespectful posts about the victim's family.

16. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.