Post Any Dateline Discussions Here!

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm wondering how thoroughly JK's
    theory is discussed in the upcoming.
    The book is full of inferences?

2. YouWho

YouWho New Member

The same could be said for many ppl who accidentally killed their child. But unless you are insulated by millions of dollars, know people in high places, have your own Public Relations firm, etc., you will not be able to live out the rest of your miserable life in the comfort of your own home, being able to control the narrative, have your Dr. there to prescribe Paxil and Ativan, travel out of state for superior cancer treatments, write your own book as a historical record for your future generations, still get to wear your fur coats, etc., etc.

3. buggiegirl

buggiegirl Well-Known Member

Yikes, given the state of our justice system a lot of the time I don't even want to consider that. Did Colorado have the death penalty at the time?

4. otg

otg Well-Known Member

Greetings, old friend. (Saw you in chat, but you didn't answer.)

Ol' Woody sure got stirred up last night. He was threatening anyone who said almost anything positive about Dateline -- which I thought was fairly even-handed on both sides. I think he deleted a lot of his tweets made earlier in the evening even before I called it a night. He was especially aggravated toward Josh Mankowhatever for not toeing the Ramsey line using A&E as an example of how to present an objective case :rolleyes:. I could just picture in my mind his arms flailing all over the place before and after each tweet :floorlaugh:.

5. buggiegirl

There's always the chance some evidence is uncovered that conclusively proves the family was involved and they could go on a press tour to get ahead of it and get their side out first. Say the last special was going to show that Burke had done it (somehow, who knows what evidence could actually prove that), he could conceivably go on Dr Phil to plead his "I was just 9, it was an accident, my parents were terrified of losing me, we're so, so sorry" case before the dirty details hit the air.

That's my .000000005% chance of happening hope!

6. buggiegirl

For me, I don't think any amount of evidence could convince me my visibly normal child was actually dead. I'd be calling 911 for an ambulance and medical assistance so fast. To save my other child, well he's a child, I wouldn't be worried about that.

And to save myself, honestly had I done it somehow, I would be thinking more "how can I make it look like an accident" than "how can I make it look like an intruder did it"? What's more likely, stranger enters house and chaos ensues, or 6 year old irritated mom past her breaking point and mom shoved her and the unimaginable happened? I have little kids, they drive. me. insane. sometimes. I've never hit or pushed them or laid an angry hand on them even (I'm pretty good at "Mommy needs a time out and I will be on the porch" ha!), but I also haven't been broken down by dealing with cancer. I can't imagine the stress that puts on a person. And I know that little kids don't care at all if mom is already at her limit, they want what they want and they want it now!

7. johnjay

johnjay New Member

You could be right. But wasn't it John that tried to plan the "get out of town" fast move? That seems odd to me. Why was he in such a rush to leave? And if he thought his wife was responsible for the cover-up but wasn't in on the cover-up himself then how could he be sure that she wasn't responsible for the murder? And if he couldn't be sure of that, how could he ever trust her with his other child?

8. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

YouWho,
    LOL, loved the summary, is it not called a counter-factual these days?

9. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

johnjay,
    Yup, sirree , you should email this to DocG. Why is JR leaving town so fast, why was BR farrned out ASAP, why did JR find JonBenet, answers on a postcard, headed JR.

Now back to Jason Bourne and treadmill or is that iron-something, anyway we are in greece and he steals a motor-bike.

10. CorallaroC

CorallaroC New Member

Hi SD, excellent post, much to ponder there. I do need to ask a quick Q: in the part I highlighted above - what do you mean by "patsy's slings taken apart"? That is not ringing a bell to me at all. Slings? TIA

p.s. when I first read your post, I sent you a few slices of Chicago pizza via WS remote. :)

11. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

The total viewers (6.5 million) is going to go up even higher once the +3 ratings (DVR stuff, etc) are factored in:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratin...alf-131414/20160910nbc01/#ubsxIry07Hk5SqBw.99

12. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Unfortunately this potential viewer did not get to see the program at all because the ball game went into extra innings because of a tie and did not end until 11:30 PM !!! at which point Dateline was long over with and it didn't seem like they were going to run it.

But from what was shared in chat by all the people in different time zones who did get to see it my only question really has to do with the women who was the police dispatcher and took Patsy's call. I wonder what her name is? And, was she not questioned by anyone? Attorneys, other police? And, I take it she was not called before the grand jury? How old a woman does she appear to be?

13. DrollForeignFaction

DrollForeignFaction New Member

In case anyone wants to read Lin Wood's tweets from last night without having to scroll through all of his political commentary:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8x7884mul8bmya/Lin_Wood.rar
    The pictures are ordered oldest to newest.

Here are some of Lin Wood's claims re: Dateline
    - Says "other suspects had lower scores" with their handwriting than Patsy "on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being elimination" where she scored "4 - 4.5".
    - No voices on tape, "Patsy clearly hung up wall phone."
    - "no definitive finding of pineapple from autopsy," "it could not be determined to be pineapple", "said 'pineapple like' substance", "The 'pineapple like' substance found in autopsy was never identified" (man, he hates this pineapple)
    - "I have sworn court testimony that totally contradicts this statement by Jane Harmer & exposes her as a liar."
    - "ZERO pathology" in Ramsey family, "just loving parents."
    - Pitt is "incompetent" because she died by strangulation, not blow to the head. (I don't even remember him disputing that.)
    - "Alleged grand jury testimony just broadcast attributed to Burke about 911 call is totally fraudulent. He NEVER said it."
    - "Your show relies on biased sources like Brennan, Pitt, Harmer & Walker" and didn't spend enough time on the DNA.
    - Repeatedly calls Steve Thomas "incompetent."
    - "She fell asleep in car on way home & was carried to bedroom by her father"
    - Chris Wolf was a male stripper and his case against the Ramseys was frivolous (lol)
    - "NO evidence of bedwetting that night"
    - Linda Arndt suggested the search and "Friend* suggested start in basement." He doesn't say Fleet but obviously that's who he means.
    - "Charlie Brennan anti-Ramsey from Day 1. Knowingly published numerous police lies. No credibility."
    - "Tabloid TV for ratings. I saw it coming & declined interview request."
    - "I declined to participate when producer suggested Burke would be discussed as suspect."
    - "No member of Ramsey Family had Hi-Tec boots. Nor did police."
    - "Mistake was relying on Brennan, Harmer, Pitt & Walker. 3 of which had NO direct involvement in investigation. Speculation."
    - "The DNA that exonerated Ramseys was certified as not contaminated or artifact."
    - "It is false and offensive to describe the Ramseys as nonchalant."
    - "Patsy heavily medicated at time of CNN interview in 1996. Friends urged them to do it. John rarely shows emotion publicly." "At the time, others advised them to do interview as they were trying to get police to do proper investigation."
    - Kolar is a "whack job."
    - "I have some ideas on possible suspects but will not publicly discuss."
    - "The grand jury finding was nonsensical. And uninformed by DNA. Boulder PD wanted murder charge. Grand jury said no." "Plus after 18 months, GJ likely felt pressured to give PD something as compromise to go home. But not murder."
    - Pageant stuff was normal, "JonBenet video enhanced by tabloids."

I also included a few tweets from the producer Lin Wood was tweeting at all night. He makes sure to mention that none of the investigators they talked to thought Burke was responsible.

14. DrollForeignFaction

DrollForeignFaction New Member

i.b.nora, her name was Kimberly Archuleta. She'll be in the CBS doc as well, and according to the promos for that she was not called before the grand jury. Here is some information about her from Kolar's book:
    The note at the end of the book says Kolar interviewed her about this in 2005.

15. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion, who else's would it be?

Patsy was dead by age 50, so she got some kind of Karmic justice for her part.

JR is looked at with great disdain (and he knows it), and isn't the respected businessman he once was.

BR is either a puppet by his parents or he did something really heinous that night and has been buffered from legal/criminal channels. Either way he's forever tied to a story that hasn't lost much steam in 20 years and he'll always be 'that kid who probably knows more than he's saying.'

So I suppose some measure of justice has occurred, although not the kind people wanted, which was a perp walk and criminal prosecution and being thrown in prison for life.

16. YouWho

YouWho New Member

The thing that strikes me, is that JR voluntarily gave the detective (Patterson) both his and PR's writing tablets. He specifically told the cop that one is his and one is PR's. A massive blunder for a man described as being nervous but in control that morning. I am becoming more firm in the belief that PR accidentally killed her daughter, staged the scene (including actually killing her with the garrot in the process), and that JR took charge in true alpha-male,CEO fashion. That he continued with the fabrications to protect themselves and their son. Self preservation is natural.

Sadly, I also believe he'd been molesting JBR and that, in the sometimes strange way of a marriage, the two of them made a silent deal - most likely never even spoken aloud between the two. John had molested and Patsy had killed. They were both guilty, but neither crime could be definitively proven. To prevent further catastrophic damage to their lives, they defended themselves the only way they knew how - through high priced/powered attorneys and a public campaign of denials, minimizations and distractions via surrogates and the media.

I'm always suspicious of people who are so outspoken about their faith, and they used that to their full advantage. Because God forgives, even if you don't ask for forgiveness until the moment right before your death.

17. YouWho

YouWho New Member

Thanks for this. I couldn't hack reading through all his political posts. Thank goodness for Chris Wolf's lawsuit which resulted in those depositions. I've been watching them last couple of days. Both Ramsey's body languages and minimizing and denials are very compelling to me.

18. SplishSplash

SplishSplash New Member

What is this referring to? I have forgotten

19. Ambitioned

Ambitioned New Member

Well, no one believed Andrea Yates could drown five children either. But you're right. Burke doing it would seem more plausible.

20. buggiegirl

Andrea Yates had severe postpartum psychosis though, Patsy wasn't diagnosed with anything that would make brutally murdering her daughter more understandable. I've always thought that if either parent did the head blow, assuming that came first, it was accidental. I can see JR molesting her, Patsy bringing down a flashlight to hit him and catching JBR instead, then a huge coverup/staging. But I don't know if I can see a planned incident. There is such rage in that head bash.