Post Any Dateline Discussions Here!

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for compiling that info, DFF
    - "I have sworn court testimony that totally contradicts this statement by Jane Harmer & exposes her as a liar."
    - "Alleged grand jury testimony just broadcast attributed to Burke about 911 call is totally fraudulent. He NEVER said it."

2. IndianPaintbrush

IndianPaintbrush New Member

It was disappointing how Dateline never mentioned Kolar's theory about Burke's train track, and how it matched JBR's abrasions more than than a stun gun. This is a significant piece of evidence I wish more people knew about.

3. Han

Han Well-Known Member

I was struck by how little the parents seemed to care who hurt and killed Jon Benet.

4. BOESP

BOESP Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I tend to think even if they thought she was dead they would still call 911 hoping something could be done to resuscitate JonBenet. I really don't understand it.

5. IndianPaintbrush

IndianPaintbrush New Member

I buy it when I look at PR. A mother who had a lot invested in this image of the perfect, photogenic family. One that did not include an "abnormal" son who may have caused his sister's death. But I also think PR loved her children fiercely and made a decision she really believed at the time was in BR's best interest.

6. InstantProof

InstantProof New Member

I agree with everything. This is the conclusion I came to after watching Dateline. I think misdirected anger was taken out on JB. John had to go along with what he must have thought was a ridiculous scheme.

7. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion, who else's would it be?

Because with calling 911 would come police investigation. A little girl (or anyone) can't be bashed in the head without some 'splainin to do. The Ramsey's obviously didn't want anyone to know what happened, who did it, why, and then have to be held (or have their son held) accountable. They went into self-protection mode. The fear of what would come, the arrest(s), the prosecution, the very possibility of jail time had to be something they thought about. Why else would anyone go to such trouble to stage a crime scene to try and make it look like someone else did this? Simple: to avoid the consequences, which would surely rain down.

JBR's head injury was fatal in and of itself (or would be). Could she have possibly been saved? Possibly and then been a vegetable. It was a very serious life-threatening/life ending injury. That's not a justification, it's just the level of head injury she sustained. She was pretty much a goner (or would be within an hour).

8. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

forgive me, but a disabled, brain damaged beauty queen...............with signs of molestation would not fit into the lifestyle...............or a family disgrace............JMOO

9. johnjay

johnjay New Member

Burke was too young to be held criminally responsible. It's unclear what would have happened if he admitted to doing it and no cover-up was attempted. Perhaps the parents would have faced a reckless endangerment charge as per the non signed indictment.

Perhaps that would make an interesting new thread question. If Kolar is right, what would have been appropriate justice if A) there was no cover-up and B) the situation that unfolded?

10. Madeleine74

I doubt the Ramsey parents knew at the time of the head bash that their son (if he was the one who did it) was too young to be held criminally accountable or perhaps they had a valid fear he'd be removed from their home and put into some kind of juvenile detention system or psychiatric hospital. And, they'd have to have asked an attorney to find out, which they didn't, because they went ahead and staged the crime scene right then and there, throughout the night.

And if it wasn't BR who did it, if it was PR, well... she would have landed in prison.

11. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

This link also allows one to watch the Dateline show without commercials or a cable subscription. Just click on the JBR Dateline photo and download the nbc app.

It was a pretty good documentary, given the limited program time. It was great they interviewed the 911 operator and mentioned LE still refuses to release the enhanced audio.

12. Madeleine74

I agree Dateline did a good job. They had limited air time (about 84 minutes, after taking out commercial breaks), so they weren't going to be able to get in every item of evidence or every nugget of insight. They hit the highlights as best they could. For those who want to dig deep(er) there are many good books available that detail the investigation, the evidence, etc, etc.

13. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

Maybe she did check for a pulse, IndianPaintbrush, but JonBenet was in shock to the point where she couldn't detect it. Add to that Patsy's mind would not have been completely calm while doing it.

14. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

Yes, it did.

15. midwest mama

midwest mama Well-Known Member

I recall there was reference made to duvet fibers being found on JBs shirt. Cannot provide info source....have read so much over the years that sources have become a blur. Do not ever recall fibers reported on "body", just SHIRT.

BTW, does anyone know when and where the still shot of JR getting into the white van, which was shown during the Dateline show, was taken? He had on tan pants and a light colored Oxford shirt, and wasn't that what he was reported to be wearing when law enforcement showed up the morning of Dec 26th? Could that have been the van used to take him to the Ferries, or was it to take him somewhere at another place and time?

The reason I ask, is because it looks like he has a medal around his neck. He has told the story of Pam P going in and miraculously picking up JBs medal, which JB had given him after a pageant, then returning it to him. He says he always carries it on him. He couldn't have had it around his neck, then, if that's a photo of him getting in the transport van on the 26th, so it must be of another time and place. Unless JR is mistaken about Pam finding it during her trip to the house?

16. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

Oh, that's a subject that pops up every now and then around here. The idea is that Patsy had slings to carry her paintings around. To quote my friend BOESP: It is very common to use "duct" tape and a slick-type cord (such as parachute cord) to wrap, roll, and/or bind and back paintings for travel or protection, particularly oil paintings. They are a part of most every painter's kit I've seen, along with masking tape or draftsman's tape. They are used at the time you carry them or for temporarily mounting paintings, or for carrying heavy canvas. It's not something necessarily prepared ahead of time. Oil paintings, in particular, can be temporarily mounted using the duct tape and brown paper and a simple display frame.

So, my thinking goes, if she had one laying around with her art supplies, all they'd have to do was take it apart and they'd have cord for use.

DEE-licious!

17. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

I'd be quite happy not giving this...SCUM any more publicity.

18. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

That's exactly my take on it, YouWho. Killing someone together isn't like taking a bus ride: you can't get off at different stops. You have to ride all the way to the end of the line, and it's a one-way trip, and the last stop is the cemetery.

19. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

Join the club, Han. instead of talking about all the things she'd never be able to enjoy now, they were talking about how she was better off dead!

20. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

There was something else I wanted to mention. near the end of the show, Ron Walker questioned Alex Hunter's decision to quash the indictment. His exact words were, "what was alex hunter trying to hide here?" Well, I've had the idea on and off that Hunter was hiding more than mere incompetence. I'm thinking he had something in back of him he was terrified would come out if this case went to trial. What that might be, I have no idea. Maybe something involving one of his other cases, a deal or the like. What are everyone else's ideas?