Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

I believe it's his. It is only listed on the Canada Amazon as of a few minutes ago. I searched on amazon.com and it was not found.

Well, wasn't it just announced today? Chances are that first thing Monday morning peeps will see it up on the .com. Not that I care cause I'm Canadian!

:skip: :skip: :skip: :heartluv:

I'm not one who "gushes" when I meet famous people, however I think if I actually stood there while he autographed his book for me - I wouldn't be able to help myself - I'd have to tell him how wonderful he was in the whole three years. Just a brilliant prosecutor!

ITA

I have met so many people and it's as if I go out of my way to "prove' that I am not starstruck or impressed. KWIM??

It was watching JA and LDB in action that really made me consider law school. I have relatives that are attorneys and Judges. I was literally inspired by the SAO in this case.

That said....after sitting through 16 hours of continuing education this week, i just don't know if I could do it. Perhaps with some words of encouragement by my "boyfriend" errrrr JA?

ITA

I have met so many people and it's as if I go out of my way to "prove' that I am not starstruck or impressed. KWIM??

It was watching JA and LDB in action that really made me consider law school. I have relatives that are attorneys and Judges. I was literally inspired by the SAO in this case.

That said....after sitting through 16 hours of continuing education this week, i just don't know if I could do it. Perhaps with some words of encouragement by my "boyfriend" errrrr JA?

Hey I decided to go to law school very late in life and I love it. It's a night school program so I can work and put myself through school. It's not easy but it's very rewarding! You can do it!

Waiting for a response from him on his Facebook page. Strange it's only available in Canada.

Sorry LG, didn't see your post.

Hey I decided to go to law school very late in life and I love it. It's a night school program so I can work and put myself through school. It's not easy but it's very rewarding! You can do it!

OMG Ziggy...I totally remember one of your posts from right before the LSAT. It was about having to have all your personal items in a clear case.

I totally remember you announing your acceptance.

Just wanted to tell you...I remembered.

:great:

Waiting for a response from him on his Facebook page. Strange it's only available in Canada.

Sorry LG, didn't see your post.

..now available to pre-order in the UK. as well...

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Imperfect-Justice-Prosecuting-Casey-Anthony/dp/006212532X"]Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony: Amazon.co.uk: Jeff Ashton: Books[/ame]

Price:£14.71 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. [ame]See details and conditions[/ame] You Save:£1.63 (10%) Pre-order Price Guarantee.

The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page
"Well I was hoping to let you all know before the public knew but this was a surprise to me. Yes that is what I have been working on..Just our secret :)"
15 minutes ago

Just posted on Jeff Ashton's FB page!!

Hi, I don't post often, but I did want to share what I found about Jeff Ashton's book. It is being pre-sold by both Barnes and Nobles and Books a Million on thier websights in the US. The publisher is by Harper Collins Publishers. Harper lists only thier books to be released by November 22, 2011. I would think that by next week it will be listed under thier future books. I have never had a problem with my Barnes and Nobles orders so I went ahead and ordered it. My opinion is that it is legit if Barnes and Nobles and Books a Million are selling it. I sure hope I am right. I will be so disappointed if not.

IMO - He doesn't belong in a courtroom with all the lies he tells.

Doesn't look like JB is going to be held accountable. Any reference or comment made by a Judge or anyone re: possible sanctions or accountability was just a joke. But what is not a joke but is just sad and pathetic and useless - the Florida Bar. If I ever had any doubts that if a person has money or access to high priced experts and attorneys that they can get away with Murder or that "any publicity is good publicity" or that the Florida Bar Association is a "boys club" - this case and JB not being sanctioned put those doubts to rest. Yesterday I saw "the Queen" of interviews, the Icon BW adorn JB with such praise that I expected her to lay flowers at his feet. I am embarrassed for her. I am embarrassed by the American Justice System. I am appalled that more ethical attorneys haven't spoken out against JB's OS and his unethetical behavior before and during the trial and calling for him to be sanctioned.

Florida Bar has been doing some work:
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202514792777&slreturn=1
Julie Kay All Articles - Daily Business Review - September 19, 2011
New members of the Florida Bar will have to pledge fairness, integrity and civility in all communications when taking their oaths of office from now on.
"I think there is a problem with incivility in the legal profession," Cantero said. "It's a product of a long-standing issue of young lawyers not having mentors. There are 90,000 lawyers in Florida, and that's a lot of competition and economic pressure. As a result, lawyers get overly aggressive and have a win-at-all-cost mentality."

Have we actually had any word that Baez will not receive sanctions or are we just guessing he won't? My understanding is that Bar investigations and reviews move at a snails pace - so maybe the fat lady really hasn't sung yet...

Well we know that having a mentor wasn't his problem...the mentor was worse behaved than he was...Flipping everyone off!!

Have we actually had any word that Baez will not receive sanctions or are we just guessing he won't? My understanding is that Bar investigations and reviews move at a snails pace - so maybe the fat lady really hasn't sung yet...

They are probably hoping we'll forget and they won't have to do anything. Wish Kathi Belich would do a follow up on this.

:dunno: LG but it looks like we are still playing the waiting game :waiting:

:dunno: LG but it looks like we are still playing the waiting game :waiting:

Yes we are - I remember Bill S. saying in June or around then that no way the Bar would make a decision before the trial was over - maybe by late fall. And that wasn't even about his OS statement - it was something else and I'll be darned if I can remember what it was. I think he has a couple of things stacked up.
Was it the contempt of court thing? Hmmm...:waitasec:

Are things like this ever done in private between the Bar and the lawyer? I sure hope we hear if anything does get done. It looks to me like JB does not expect anything and has challenged the idea with his ‘bring it on’ attitude.

re: Post # 331
I knew, that I, meant "to date no sanctions" when writing my post but should have included that phrase in the post, I apologize.

All Below re: Post # 332
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202514792777&slreturn=1
"New members of the Florida Bar will have to pledge fairness, integrity and civility in all communications when taking their oaths of office from now on"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-20-casey-anthony-trial_n.htm
Updated 6/20/2011 5:48 PM
Anthony trial recesses after attorneys' dispute
"There has been gamesmanship on both sides," Perry said. "… Obviously there is a friction between attorneys. That's something I guess the Florida bar will deal with. And at the conclusion of this trial, the court will deal with violations that may have occurred."
Ashton said Monday the next expert Baez planned to call submitted only a summary report without any clear opinions. Ashton also said he planned to officially file for sanctions against Baez.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-jose-baez-stunned-after-belvin-perrys-rebuke.html
posted by halboedeker on June, 18 2011 11:24 AM
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez stunned after Belvin Perry’s rebuke
Kealing highlighted Perry’s assessment that the defense’s action had been intentional. Perry raised the possibility of contempt charges against Baez for leaving out a critical opinion and thus going against the judge’s order.
Judge O.H. Eaton Jr., legal analyst for WESH, said that Perry could fine Baez up to $1,000 or jail him for up to six months or both. Eaton wouldn’t predict what Perry would do.
this one we know for sure
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/florida-bar-investigating-jose-baez-over-casey-anthony-1758494.html?sort=desc
Amy Pavuk - Orlando Sentinel - Updated: 8:22 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 18, 2011
Florida Bar investigating Jose Baez over Casey Anthony probation issue
(all quotes bbm)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member