Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most men at his age that still have all their hair are rather proud of it. I had forgotten what he looked like so I just had to Google image search. God, what an ugly man. I try not to comment on people's looks but he is and was so very unattractive. No amount of hair could salvage that. I don't know how he got so many girlfriends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM - Well, he wasn't sending them pictures of his face. :silenced:

Wait, what? People on fb familiar with GA's prison system said he would be at Jackson for about a year, getting evaluated and whatnot before being transferred to his permanent home?? Am I understanding this process has been completed and he is now at Valdosta? I was also told it was standard for newly convicted felons to be held at Jackson for 60 days in ISOLATION (cannot see attorneys or anyone else). That too was misinformation?

Honestly who cares...I hope he rots in there and becomes the girlfriend of the biggest, meanest man in the joint.

Ross Harris launches appeal of murder conviction

The motion for a new trial, filed by Harris’ legal team, is the first step of what is likely to be a lengthy appellate process. The motion condemns court rulings made before and during the sensational trial, such as a decision that prevented the defense from attacking the credibility of Cobb County police officers involved in the investigation.

We know now why Dr Diamond didn't testify.

The filing also said Staley Clark should not have required a defense expert, psychologist David Diamond, to turn over notes of his interviews with Harris to the prosecution. Diamond, who has coined the term “Forgotten Baby Syndrome,” was expected to take the stand and explain how a parent can leave a child in a car by accident.

Allowing prosecutors to have Diamond’s notes put Harris’ defense team in an “untenable position,” the motion said. The defense chose not to call Diamond to give his expert testimony.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/ros...eal-murder-conviction/Hbuss1IPrWoSQJl6zaOn9N/

Imo he should drive to the parking spot like you did....would make him change his tune I'm sure....

wareagle;13013620]So, he ended up at Valdosta State Prison. The Security Level there is "Close." Can someone explain what that means?

>>>>>Prisoner info deleted to safe space <<<<<

Here is information on "Close Security" from the Georgia Dept. of Corrections:

Close Security

These offenders are escape risks, have assaultive histories, and may have detainers for other serious crimes on file. (A detainer is a request by another law enforcement agency to hold an offender pending other charges or actions). These offenders never leave the prison and require supervision at all times by a correctional officer. For more information on close security facilities in Georgia, please click here.

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Divisions/Facilities/StatePrisons

So, our Mr. LWOP will be accompanied by a uniformed pal at all times, I guess. He may just be glad he has that protection.

And a big

WELCOME to Websleuths to you,

wareagle!!

We're glad to have you here!!

Sounds like an Auburn fan to me!!!

Imo he should drive to the parking spot like you did....would make him change his tune I'm sure....

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Was that the host?

I wonder how opinions of RH's guilt/innocence break down along gender lines...
Bill Rankin works for the AJC and hosted the podcast, yes. His first season featured a wrongfully-accused man (Serial-esque). Ross was season 2.

Not that there is anything wrong with scrutinizing LE, I get that. However, there has been such a proliferation of innocence-minded cases, I guess some of them are actually going to miss the mark.

I wouldn't be saying this if RH was a nice guy, and I normally try not to judge people by physical appearance. But since he's a murderer in the worst way and not a nice guy, I'll say it. How on earth did this creep get anyone to sleep with him? :puke:

How did this creep get anyone to sleep with him?

Money, Money, Money, Money...Money.
He paid the lot of em, and no self esteem is my guess.
He's a predator and the 'woe is me' spiel works, along with a bunch of lies. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on self-esteem. The parade of human wreckage that the State paraded before the jury was big part of why I would have voted to acquit - there is no way anyone would murder in order to be with any of those poor women.

On another point - in all seriousness, what does the system do with someone like Ross long-term? The programs at these facilities are aimed at life-time offenders that probably never finished Middle School. With Ross you have a college educated professional with zero prior history of criminal behavior or physical violence. It seems he could be of more use to the system doing something other than cleaning toilets or serving chow.

I agree on self-esteem. The parade of human wreckage that the State paraded before the jury was big part of why I would have voted to acquit - there is no way anyone would murder in order to be with any of those poor women.

On another point - in all seriousness, what does the system do with someone like Ross long-term? The programs at these facilities are aimed at life-time offenders that probably never finished Middle School. With Ross you have a college educated professional with zero prior history of criminal behavior or physical violence. It seems he could be of more use to the system doing something other than cleaning toilets or serving chow.

BBM. Your taste in women isn't his. Personally, I think Ross committed murder for other reasons, like the life insurance on Cooper, and to be single- no one particular woman and escape his responsibilities (work, marriage). Think Scott Peterson. Not all people are equipped to be parents. Some are too selfish. He's a con-man, so what if he wasted his education?

BBM. Your taste in women isn't his. Personally, I think Ross committed murder for other reasons, like the life insurance on Cooper, and to be single- no one particular woman and escape his responsibilities (work, marriage). Think Scott Peterson. Not all people are equipped to be parents. Some are too selfish. He's a con-man, so what if he wasted his education?

^^ This!

Did you listen to the AJC podcast? Bull Rankin was definitely pro-Ross.

LOL. Yes, I was one of the people he interviewed on the last podcast. Melanie, 31 (he said 32), a teacher... yada yada... However, he told me that he was in agreement with this verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288