Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2

Yes. I just watched the video of the agent's testimony and he never mentioned smoke. So it must have been speculation by a poster at the time as to the smoke smell. The agent never mentions the smoke, just the Kool-Aid stains and the missing mats. See how easily things get carried away and accepted as fact. Thanks, pocketaccent. jmo

:seeya: Thanks pocketaccent and LambChop.

My bad for speculating. The "smoke smell" could of very well been from cigarettes also.

Also, the car rental guy testified Jodi was blonde when she rented the car.

She did have blonde hair in her DL pic.

I am not 100% sure she dyed her hair darker in Salinas, but Juan did bring it up and led us to believe she did.

One thing that puzzles me, is why Jodi called Travis so many times on her road trip.

She didn't cover herself too well with the phone. moo

BBM

I'm not following your last sentence. I believe Flores said they found two gas cans at her grandmother's, right? And I can't remember if they were full or empty. That doesn't mean she didn't give them to someone and then get them back, but I think the third can disappeared by the time police got onto her.

I also can't remember if they were in her new rental car that she was claiming to take to visit Darryl and Matt. The knives in the new rental, she claimed she was taking those to Darryl and books to Matt. So, I want to know if those gas cans were in her car, too. She should have logically been taking them back to Darryl.

My English isn't the best but I will try to explain what I'm thinking.
I have a theory which is based on the premise that Jodi wouldn't fill up three gas cans unless she had a good reason. She once filled them up in Pasadena for a very good reason - hide.

She did it again in SLC. She knew in SLC that she needed extra 15 gallons of gas once she gets to California. She must have filled them up for another good reason. She wanted to hide some activity. We don't know what that activity is. We do know that she did not use about 15 gallons of gas which would provide extra 500 miles. We also know she is not the one who drove the extra 500 miles.

That is why I think she gave three gas cans to someone.
Jodi did not want this person to be 'seen' at any gas station on the way to his/her final destination. But if Flores did in fact said two gas cans were found in her grandma's, and they were full, then I have to work on my theory again. :banghead:

One thing that puzzles me, is why Jodi called Travis so many times on her road trip.

She didn't cover herself too well with the phone. moo

She was purposely documenting all of her activities during her trip. ALL except while she was in Arizona. "Look at my phone my records! I called my friend Travis in California and Nevada. We communicate a lot! Look at my gas receipts from California, Nevada, and Utah! I was never in Arizona!!!"

My English isn't the best but I will try to explain what I'm thinking.
I have a theory which is based on the premise that Jodi wouldn't fill up three gas cans unless she had a good reason. She once filled them up in Pasadena for a very good reason - hide.

She did it again in SLC. She knew in SLC that she needed extra 15 gallons of gas once she gets to California. She must have filled them up for another good reason. She wanted to hide some activity. We don't know what that activity is. We do know that she did not use about 15 gallons of gas which would provide extra 500 miles. We also know she is not the one who drove the extra 500 miles.

That is why I think she gave three gas cans to someone.
Jodi did not want this person to be 'seen' at any gas station on the way to his/her final destination. But if Flores did in fact said two gas cans were found in her grandma's, and they were full, then I have to work on my theory again. :banghead:

It is possible she was paying for someone else's gas who was not too far behind? :scared:

:seeya: Thanks pocketaccent and LambChop.

My bad for speculating. The "smoke smell" could of very well been from cigarettes also.

Also, the car rental guy testified Jodi was blonde when she rented the car.

She did have blonde hair in her DL pic.

I am not 100% sure she dyed her hair darker in Salinas, but Juan did bring it up and led us to believe she did.

The lying torture murderess dyed her previously bleached blonde 'Locks of Love' somewhere between Redding, CA and Mesa, AZ based on the dark braids captured in the June 4 'un-deleted' pics of her naked self.

More evidence that she is bad at financial stuff:

She returned the rental car empty and was charged $6.99 per gallon. She could have easily stopped down the street and paid way less. I would never return a car or U-haul and be charged astronomical rates to refill the tank. That always costs way more than the going rate.

15 gal tank x 6.99 = $104.85
15 gal tank x 4.20 (estimate from one of the Pasadena gas charges) = $63.00
A savings of $41.85!!!

For a girl with money troubles, this is just stupid!

Didn't she stop at a salon during the trip? If you have money problems, then why go on an extensive road trip, rent a car, and go to a salon? Not to mention all the Starbucks stops she made. IMO she hung herself from the beginning but didn't think of the consequences or didn't care.

Didn't she stop at a salon during the trip? If you have money problems, then why go on an extensive road trip, rent a car, and go to a salon? Not to mention all the Starbucks stops she made. IMO she hung herself from the beginning but didn't think of the consequences or didn't care.

I believe Jodi was on a mission and missed some things out in her master plan to get to Mesa.

The hair I believe was to be darkened to look more like Mimi. (brown hair)

I suppose it was her last ditch effort to try to win Travis back.

As far as money goes, it seems she never had trouble finding someone who would help her out. :moo:

Can anyone point me to the day in court where the 5/10 date was established as the day of the phone sex recording?

I went back and read the both the Dworkin and Neumeister transcripts where he explained how he got the recording and what he did to enhance it. Nowhere in his testimony did he address the date. The way that he explained it, I don't think he could have known, since he did not copy a file. Both of them had to listen to the recording and then work with it.

So why do we accept that this was recorded on May 10?

Can anyone point me to the day in court where the 5/10 date was established as the day of the phone sex recording?

I went back and read the both the Dworkin and Neumeister transcripts where he explained how he got the recording and what he did to enhance it. Nowhere in his testimony did he address the date. The way that he explained it, I don't think he could have known, since he did not copy a file. Both of them had to listen to the recording and then work with it.

So why do we accept that this was recorded on May 10?

Good question! I guess we are assuming May sometime based on the conversation they had with regards to travel?

Arias testified that the tape was recorded on May 10, 2008 apparently on February 18, 2013. That was the evening the testimony aired on CNN/HLN. CNN published a transcript of what occurred in court. In competition for the latest trial news, I doubt CNN delayed producing the transcript or airing the testimony but I may be wrong.

It is possible she was paying for someone else's gas who was not too far behind? :scared:

Maybe she filled the gas cans again in SLC to keep her original story straight. She claimed to fill the gas cans because she was traveling thru the night and didn't want to run out of gas anywhere (and while driving thru the desert, she didn't want to be seen). If the gas cans that were found at her grandparents house were full..that makes me feel like she just filled them to show that was the "real" reason for taking them and filling them up in the first place. IMO

Maybe she filled the gas cans again in SLC to keep her original story straight. She claimed to fill the gas cans because she was traveling thru the night and didn't want to run out of gas anywhere (and while driving thru the desert, she didn't want to be seen). If the gas cans that were found at her grandparents house were full..that makes me feel like she just filled them to show that was the "real" reason for taking them and filling them up in the first place. IMO

Love it! Works for me! :seeya:

Exactly. She had to stick to her alibi and poor Jodi left Utah at what? 3:20AM-ish? So, yes, she was driving through the night, alone.

Where are the gas cans? Were they full at the grandparent's? or?? I must've missed that part of the trial. I just remember the Tesoro woman who testified and I was like :eek:hwow:

Expending quite a bit of energy imagining where The Killer disposed of her gun. No way do I believe she "threw it out in the desert somewhere", implication being in plain view. She did leave a voice mail saying she got lost & went a hundred miles out of her way but if that was her attempt to lose the gun, she wouldn't have talked about it in a recording. The only reason I fix on this is that I do believe she was desperate to get rid of it and get rid of it so that it would never be discovered. Maybe she concealed it inside some cover & maybe she buried it. But she may have done a real tricky number.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/02/jodi_arias_doesnt_want_jury_to.php

and from the Maricopa site

2/13/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 2/13/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE EVIDENCE RELATED TO MS. ARIAS' MOTION TO CHANGE COUNSEL
2/13/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 2/13/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED TO THE CLAIMS THAT MS. ARIAS' MADE THREATS AGAINST TRIAL PARTICIPANTS AND THAT SHE LACKS REMORSE

The Maricopa County Attorney would do everyone a favor (esp. the taxpayers of AZ who will also have to support this murdress for the rest of her life, however long that will be) by yanking the death penalty off the table and having the judge sentence her to life without parole.

Tear down these circus tents, Mr. Montgomery!

The Maricopa County Attorney would do everyone a favor (esp. the taxpayers of AZ who will also have to support this murdress for the rest of her life, however long that will be) by yanking the death penalty off the table and having the judge sentence her to life without parole.

Tear down these circus tents, Mr. Montgomery!

I totally agree. But I fear it's TA's family that are holding them back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back