Post your PROFILE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any person of interest live on LI? If so, can it be proven he was not on the Island during the times MB sister recieved calls from the killer?

That would be very difficult, if not impossible for most of the days and times. Unless someone was keeping tabs on someone and making very strict notes.
The area the girls were found is so close to the city, any one of us in the area could easily drive to the city and be back before anyone missed us. It's less than an hour drive and barely an hour by train.
There are also many people that commute on a daily basis

Does any person of interest live on LI? If so, can it be proven he was not on the Island during the times MB sister recieved calls from the killer?

Since some of the calls were also traced to Madison square garden, which is in the city ... even if you could find a witness seeing a poi at Madison Square Garden at the time, how would you prove, he was the one making the call and not one of the other thousand people there at the same time with cell phones on their ears and microwave in their brains?

There have been so many defenders of CPH he has almost been forgotten. I am making this comment to refresh everyone's memory.

Reasons I suspect CHP is the LISK: Phone call to MG the day after SG disappeared when no one knew yet she was missing. His statement to reporters that he saw SG wandering around the beach looking sick. His proximity to the house where SG was last seen, his proximity to where the bodies were thrown; his bizarre interviews where he said killing the women was "mean." His nervousness during the interviews, his exaggerated limp when he saw the cameras were watching him. His inside relationship with LE, his relationship to the Oak Beach association, giving him extensive knowledge of the beaches; the missing gate tapes, his patrol of the area in a security guard type car. His medical knowledge, his knowledge of decomposition, his domineering wife who has worked at night. Dead bodies turned up near every place he has worked including Maonrville. He is the only person we have come up with that has ties to Oak Beach, Manorville, and Atlantic City. The cincher for me is his fathers book which describes his father's obsession with and crusade against prostitutes, the child's trips to Atlantic City with his father, the child dissecting animals by the time he was four. He is a calm older white man. He is intelligent and organized. Police have interviewed him as many as three times (they must know something).

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/long-island-serial-killer-manhunt-13372385
ADMITS POLICE HAVE INTERVIEWED HIM AS MANY AS THREE TIMES

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=8069494&pid=8067441&section=news/local/long_island
WHO WOULD DO SUCH A HORRIBLE MEAN THING

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/12/medical-examiner-to-
check-remains-found-near-jones-beach-as-part-of-serial-killer-investigation/
EXAGGERATED LIMP

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/
“Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed.”

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214
This includes map of Shannan's route down Anchor Way

MOO

I have reached out to Candice DeLong and asked for a profile

disappointed in, but somewhat understand some of her response--to summarize: she offered to discuss the case with me, but didn't want to offer up a detailed profile since she has never seen the actual crime scene photos or actual autopsy reports, and needed to bring herself back up to speed on the girls' victimology--she also feared anything she says specifically geared towards the offender profile may influence the investigation, since it is ongoing----stay tuned...

Try Clint van Zandt? Seems, he is not so worried about his public reputation despite the fact, he runs an own firm in this business.

he is my third choice, next up--seems to have a lot of irons in the fires so to speak at this point in time

disappointed in, but somewhat understand some of her response--to summarize: she offered to discuss the case with me, but didn't want to offer up a detailed profile since she has never seen the actual crime scene photos or actual autopsy reports, and needed to bring herself back up to speed on the girls' victimology--she also feared anything she says specifically geared towards the offender profile may influence the investigation, since it is ongoing----stay tuned...

I can respect her decision, (as disapointing as it is), she sounds like a true professional.

I'm not even sure who she is...gonna have to Google her.

I have heard that talking head profiles can impede investigations. However I do like to hear what profilers think.

I can respect her decision, (as disapointing as it is), she sounds like a true professional.

I have heard that talking head profiles can impede investigations. However I do like to hear what profilers think.

DeLong earned her spurs with the Kasczinski case aka the Unabomber. Has some other SK cases with lower profile. All profiles, I have ever seen from her were right on the head, but she hates (obviously) to work with incomplete information as most of us outsiders have to do in the first place. And since she has still good contacts to the BAU, also on personal level, she will not cross their intentions. Means as long as SCPD and BAU hold the lid on it, she will too.

Safarik was Nationa violent crime analysis, that's the unit above the BAUs (in fact there are three now plus the counter terrorism appendix). What I know about his career is, he has a wider scope than most other profilers, not so entirely SK centered. A lot of SRs and he did also a lot of ground work, for example in the fetishism field. Most of us "suffered" a little bit from his work because he is one of the authors of the actual edition of the secrecy strategy in ongoing SK investigations. Which means, he will deny your request. Oh, and he is a Ressler partner nowadays.

van Zant is also a former FBI man. He got some reputation for noticing things, others missed. Kind of a detail man. Background was originally military intelligence, if my memory serves right, Army. His peak moment were officially hostage negotiations. But behind the scenes, he was often the pebble in the shoe when theories got too wild and impossible or little things didn't make sense. The guy who always said "look at this little thing here" and got some fire for it. After he retired, the official wording changed from "pebble in the shoe" and "pain in the rear" to "voice of reason". An example for his work and his understanding of the mind of offenders can be Tim McVeigh. He was the one saying look for a homegronw, a Waco man while everybody else thought turbans and long beards.
Well, and like everybody else, he messed up in the Ridgeway case. Yeah, that hurts still everybody who worked on that one.

Peter I am intrigued with the work you have done. I respect your opinion and your insight into serial killers.

At first, I admit, you rubbed me the wrong way with your abrasiveness.

After time I realized that is just your way and have grown to appreciate it.

I became interested in SKs because I wanted to know HOW one human being could intentionally inflict such pain on so many fellow human beings.

I am interested in how you became involved in your studies of SKs.

Was it while writing books?

Why are people drawn to SK's?

Why are you drawn to SK'S?

Is it a basic need to know why these SK'S are so different and have no empathy or compassion for others?

I took an abnormal psychology class and it fascinated me.

What fascinates you about SK'S ?

Is it the need to catch them?

Figure them out?

Keep the poor people ignorant...tsk, tsk, tsk!

What about the people who pay for the paper to be delivered? It wouldn't be fair to them if they have to pay for it and others get It for free. I think a subscription is very cheap.

Peter I am intrigued with the work you have done. I respect your opinion and your insight into serial killers.

At first, I admit, you rubbed me the wrong way with your abrasiveness.

Can be, I'm not an especially empathic personality myself. But before someone misunderstands that, I am not a psychopath. Only impatient when it comes to run in circles.

After time I realized that is just your way and have grown to appreciate it.

Thanks for that!

I became interested in SKs because I wanted to know HOW one human being could intentionally inflict such pain on so many fellow human beings.

Pretty easy, there's a multitude of reasons. Some have low self-esteem and try to boost it by executeing power over others. Then there are some who just want to be someone because they are nothing in their normal lives. Others can see they are different and experiment with "normals" to figure out why. Some are simply rage driven. On the rarer end of the spectrum, we have OCD types with abandonment issues who try to kill and keep the victims in their lives. A few religious delusional nutjobs are also there who actually think, their victims are volunteers to be sacrificed to prevent the next earthquake in California or their victims have something, they think they need, for example blood or life force, which they for any delusional reasons think to lose. Then we have sadists who have reached a level of sadism that can't be satisfied in a consensual way regardless how masochistic their partner is. Power and control gain, most people don't realize those are two different even connected things. Loss of control and more or less repeated accidental killings. And we have some, who feel entitled to take for example a women and do what they want to her and the final kill is nothing more than getting rid of the trash for them. Profit killers and greed killers, not to forget. And trust me, the list isn't complete. The reasons in themselves are simple once one can accept that they are real for the offenders. And keep in mind, it is far form rare for them to have more than one motive. Often we talk about bundles of motives from this list.

I am interested in how you became involved in your studies of SKs.

Was it while writing books?

Not while writing books, but connected. I left my more regular career after a good burn out with connected heart issues to do more, what was fun to me. Research. I'm just a curious guy. And one of my many loves is history. History has a little problem. You can't ask an Egyptian pharaoh what he was thinking at a certain time (for example how did Ramses II's little accident in Syria happen?). Those guys are dead. And when I read, many many years ago about profiling serial killers, I had that idea, the methods would be also usable for profiling historical characters. So I went into profiling, adapted the methods, generalized, tried to describe things in terms of math, a lot of things. But the only way to actually test my methods was to use them on serial killers. Simply profile unsolved cases and compare every time one was solved with what was right, what was wrong. Well, and some writer colleagues actually accuse me of over-researching things a little ... so, what was once test field became a secondary use.

Why are people drawn to SK's?

In general, it's part of a misunderstanding. Every normal person has those moments of helplessness in life, those moments, one feels like being a ball in a game, kicked around all the time. That is usually, when one suppresses ideas like shooting the boss. Of course, no normal person actually does that. But what if the boss is really a not so nice guy? What if fears of the future, of the existence of the own family add to it? What if a feeling of injustice comes to it? Well, the number of people acting on it increases, still it remains in global terms a small number. Normal people don't act on those impulses. But often it feels cowardly, accompanied by the wish to have to balls to actually shoot the boss, or the guy who always takes one's parking spot, or ... people have long lists of other people, they would kill if they would dare. And there is always the little voice "look at those serial killer guys, they don't care, they just go and actually kill those guys". And at the same time, normal people fear serial killers for exactly that aspect. Mix fear with secret and suppressed admiration because most people don't realize how broken a lot of those killers are and you know, why people are drawn to serial killers. And since some years, we have a tendency again that lifts the social acknowledgement of being "badass", that adds even more.

Why are you drawn to SK'S?

Like great mathematicians, bad politicians, great writers, long dead kings and officials and some other weird groups of people, they provide me with a challenge.

Is it a basic need to know why these SK'S are so different and have no empathy or compassion for others?

They are not so different. It's like physics and para-physics. The difference is just a step, but that step leads over a wall. A little example, Ted Bundy. Now, some here may did some skiing in their life. It's fun, but it's pricey. There is the gear, there are the lift tickets ... yeah. Bundy liked skiing too. But he was a psychopath on the verge of a dissociative personality disorder (more about him and his "Entity" on my website). So, he felt entitled and his darker part which was on the way to act almost like a personality of it's own stole ski gear and forged ski tickets. Because he believed anyway he deserved more. Now a lot of people feel they deserve more and have no qualms to take it form others. Directly, in form of thievery or indirectly in form of political ideologies, it doesn't matter. The basic idea is usually, someone has something one wants and one always feels justified to take it. Not that different, the difference is not in the thinking, but in the methods and how far one goes.
Another example, only hinted: Jeffrey Dahmer, the Milwaukee Cannibal. A lot of people live in the fear someone they love will leave them. But only very few kill and eat flesh from people they want to stay to make them part of their own.

I took an abnormal psychology class and it fascinated me.

Now I really hope, it was the insight that fascinated you and not the abnormal psychology per se. That would be some bad sign :please:

What fascinates you about SK'S ?

Is it the need to catch them?

Figure them out?

Am I really fascinated by them? Well, in a wider picture, maybe. Human behavior is, what fascinates me and they are just an extreme example. In so far, I feel right now the urge, to raise one brow, imitate Leonard Nimoy and say "fascinating data material". Which probably outs me as a terrible nerd ... but there it is.
No, I am not really fascinated. They are just one problem more to solve. A mystery if you want, a riddle. One of many. Things that lay on my desk right next to a missing WWI submarine, an ancient report about an absolute botched war campaign against the Hebrews about two-hundred years B.C. and some math. Oh and the next book of course. There is always more to understand in every aspect of life, SKs are only one tiny bit of it. And figuring them out? Well, sometimes, like with LISK, there comes one along who isn't like one-oh-one, but honestly most of them is ten minutes looking at them and ten years fighting with people who don't see it. There is not so much to figure out with most of them, I think, that's the true mysterious misunderstanding about SKs. People believe in the high IQ super complex monster, but if you study those monsters, you find mostly broken very normal IQ guys. Quite disappointing at first.

I hope that helps or answers at least the questions. Btw, did you look at the DB, got some new ones. I think, I will work up Fourniret for the April SK.

definitely do look her up--she is the Alpha-female profiler to say the least-one of the few I would follow without question---I had the good fortune to be able to read manyyy of her workings in the late 80's and the nineties, when I began studying in the field----(oddly, I have yet to read her book from around 2000, but it's on the list)--will be interesting to discuss some of the aspects with her for sure

DeLong earned her spurs with the Kasczinski case aka the Unabomber. Has some other SK cases with lower profile. ****All profiles, I have ever seen from her were right on the head****, ****but she hates (obviously) to work with incomplete information**** as most of us outsiders have to do in the first place. And since she has still good contacts to the BAU, also on personal level, she will not cross their intentions. Means as long as SCPD and BAU hold the lid on it, she will too.

indeed, PB---spot-on, sir---and if the FBI ever took over LISK, and she wanted in to consult, they would gladly have her, no doubt

Safarik was Nationa violent crime analysis, that's the unit above the BAUs (in fact there are three now plus the counter terrorism appendix). What I know about his career is, he has a wider scope than most other profilers, not so entirely SK centered. A lot of SRs and he did also a lot of ground work, for example in the fetishism field. Most of us "suffered" a little bit from his work because he is one of the authors of the actual edition of the secrecy strategy in ongoing SK investigations. Which means, he will deny your request. Oh, and he is a Ressler partner nowadays.

Perhaps,truly the best ever---probably would still be the Alpha-male profiler-would follow him without question as well--Quite a career especially during about the same time span as DeLong--my original forays into serials were SR's, which always seems to evolve into SK research--no doubt he will be tight-lipped as well, but I'll take ANY bone his dishes out

van Zant is also a former FBI man. He got some reputation for noticing things, others missed. Kind of a detail man. Background was originally military intelligence, if my memory serves right, Army. His peak moment were officially hostage negotiations. But behind the scenes, he was often the pebble in the shoe when theories got too wild and impossible or little things didn't make sense. The guy who always said "look at this little thing here" and got some fire for it. After he retired, the official wording changed from "pebble in the shoe" and "pain in the rear" to "voice of reason". An example for his work and his understanding of the mind of offenders can be Tim McVeigh. He was the one saying look for a homegronw, a Waco man while everybody else thought turbans and long beards.
Well, and like everybody else, he messed up in the Ridgeway case. Yeah, that hurts still everybody who worked on that one.

The RAINMAN of profiling, details-wise--still a top dog in the field, as you can find him on the air for most high profile events--worked UNIBOMBER with Delong some---yeah, Ridgeway kind of wrecked a few for awhile

Hi everyone
I am posting under my moms account because this site won't let me sign up.
As some of you may know I am in the "business" and have been for over a decade. I've read up on your theories about the sk and thought I'd post my own.

Here's what I think.
All of the victims except for Shannan and the AC victims were killed by the same guy.
Here's why.
Up until late 2003 working the streets was the way to go. The internet hadn't become popular with escorts then. I think he started out picking up girls from the streets and then moved on to the internet as times changed. I also think that he is still active on both the streets and the internet because 50% of the time you'll find the girls that advertise on CL and BP working the streets when its slow. Especially girls that have pimps.
I don't think the girls are random girls. I believe that he was a regular to them. It would explain why they took the chances they did. They felt comfortable with him. I've made the same mistakes with regulars and have paid dearly for it.
I don't think he'll ever be caught. As a provider that works the east coast, never in that area, but New York and New Jersey, I just don't think the cops care and i do believe its one of their own.

I think he kills them because he doesn't get something he wants from them. Whether it be getting them off the streets (or out of the business all together) and making them his own or he wanted services that they didn't offer even though he's a regular.

This is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member