pre-trial general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the court photos: Does anyone know who the woman speaking with PY is? I saw her in another of those photos seated at the back of the courtroom. Just idly curious....

I enjoyed seeing the pic of Judge Stephens' little pow-wow with the principals.... The Honorable Judge Stephens is so genuinely fondly spoken of by a couple of judges I know -- one female has referred to him as "just like grand-daddy," definitely not in reference to his age, but in his avuncular attitude with the judges. If something peeves off this man, it will be interesting as to how he shows it. We may not see it in this trial...

On the WRAL news this morning they said 120 potential jurors have been interviewed but none have been seated yet.

I hate that picture of Jason in the first photo! It makes me want to cry for Michelle and her precious baby.

Michelle's mom looks like a very determined woman. My heart goes out to her.

fran

I know, Fran.

It breaks my heart too.

(I had to chuckle to myself when I saw the photo attached to another article in the N&O tho - the one with his tongue sticking out. Did you see that one?)

I know, Fran.

It breaks my heart too.

(I had to chuckle to myself when I saw the photo attached to another article in the N&O tho - the one with his tongue sticking out. Did you see that one?)

I haven't seen him sticking his tongue out. But I did notice how {happy} :sick: he was greeting his attorney as the trial proceedings were going to begin, ie jury selection.

JMHO
fran

Hi all!!! I'm finally here and on board for this trial. Been dealing with RL for far too long now. The good thing is I will be able to watch the trial online everyday as I work from home so I'll be doing my best to keep the updates coming. I'm just so ready to see this trial get going. It's been too long coming!!! I hope everyone here is doing well.

I haven't seen him sticking his tongue out. But I did notice how {happy} :sick: he was greeting his attorney as the trial proceedings were going to begin, ie jury selection.

JMHO
fran

Here ya go. :)

YOUNGPREVIEW0531_GL32PR0Q5.1+YOUNG5-NE-051911-TEL.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/31/1237362/jason-young-trial-gets-under-way.html

Seven jurors seated.
Jury selection continues Monday. :banghead:

Seven jurors seated.

Just sux!!! I guess we can hope the time it is taking will yield a jury with no formed opinions so Jay and ma Pat can;t cry about anything. Nice to see you JTF!!!:seeya:

Seven jurors seated.

Wow, only seven. :( The daughter of my best friend was among the jurors on call last week. I was so hoping she'd get chosen, so I'd have someone to *pump* after it's all done and over. Don't know what happened in regards to her, other than she didn't make it into the courtroom, but she spoke with some guy, also a perspective juror, who told her 'it was really creepy simply being in the courtroom with JY.' Obviously he wasn't chosen as a juror either. My husband got called for jury duty the week after next. I hope there is nothing big in our county upcoming. Anyone know if there is any movement on the Teghan case? That's the only high-profile one I can come up with in Johnston Co.

JMHO
fran

I know it's their job, but I still feel sorry for the two attorneys who are defending that utter (IMHO) slimeball. There's no way they can't see and feel the ooze coming off him.

After doing something so abject, unmentionable and inhuman to any human being -- and it was his wife and in front of his little girl-- how could he leave that child in that place? Did she say to him perhaps, "Daddy, stop, daddy, daddy, daddy, mommie hurts..." Oh yes, JLY, we believe that you loved your beautiful daughter more than anything.

And he has the nerve to greet them each morning and smile. Oh, puh-leeze. here ends another mini-rant

Sure bordem, if you are one of very few that was wrongly accused, they are a godsend.
In the case of JLY, the whole thing is nothing more than a farce.
These 2 know full well their client is guilty of murder, yet they smile and shake hands with a killer each day. How can they sleep at night? Well, they chose to be criminal defense attorneys. In this case the sleaze factor trumps anything else.

Good news! It seems like it's taken a long time to find a jury.

I know it's their job, but I still feel sorry for the two attorneys who are defending that utter (IMHO) slimeball. There's no way they can't see and feel the ooze coming off him.

After doing something so abject, unmentionable and inhuman to any human being -- and it was his wife and in front of his little girl-- how could he leave that child in that place? Did she say to him perhaps, "Daddy, stop, daddy, daddy, daddy, mommie hurts..." Oh yes, JLY, we believe that you loved your beautiful daughter more than anything.

And he has the nerve to greet them each morning and smile. Oh, puh-leeze. here ends another mini-rant

It seems like Jason went from almost becoming an adult to becoming a rebellious teenager. In some of the phone messages he left for Michelle about having to look after their daughter (while he wasn't working) he sounded like an angry teenager that didn't want to be told what to do. His career regressed from having a job, to frequently switching jobs, to be unemployed, to being a student, and finally to being an unemployed nobody hanging out on the basketball court. There is nothing admirable, respectable, or mature about him and I'm sure his lawyers also view him as an overgrown teenager with a bad attitude, a sense of entitlement and no future in or out of jail.

Court done for the day....still need 3 more alternates.
Hopefully the opening statements will begin Tuesday afternoon

keeping fingers cross, want this trial to get started NOW!!!

Per WRAL tweet, opening statements scheduled for 2:30 Tuesday

Hey all!

I heard today from someone who works with the DA that they had to restrain JY today due to him having an outburst or something during jury selection. He said watch the news I bet they will have something about it. Real smart for him to do that, huh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken