Pres. Obama orders VA to expand suicide prevention services!

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Jacie Estes, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

President Obama issued an executive order Friday tasking the Department of Veterans Affairs to expand its suicide prevention and mental health services.

Under the order, VA is expected to increase its veteran crisis line by 50 percent by the end of the year; ensure that a veteran in distress is given access to a trained mental health worker in 24 hours or less; and launch a national 12-month suicide prevention campaign to educate veterans about available mental health services.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...va-to-expand-suicide-prevention-services?lite

2. Loading...

3. doubt

doubt Former Member

thanks for sharing. hadn't seen this news and imho.....given what we've seen happen to returning vets, this was a phenomenal move.

4. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Our military come back home and need help to re-adjust to RL. This is much needed assistance for them.

5. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

It's about time! Good move Obama! It's been awhile since I've gotten to say that.

6. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

Huge move! Very much needed in support of our Armed Forces. Taking care of them when they return. And please come home now!