Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie explains why she wanted to show her scars from her scoliosis surgery. I’ve known someone who had this surgery and it’s major. Good for Eugenie!

Quoting:
In an interview before the wedding, the Princess, 28, said: 'I think you can change the way beauty is, and you can show people your scars and I think it's really special to stand up for that.'

Eugenie said of the surgeon's invite: 'The RNOH is a huge charity - the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital - I'm patron of their appeal and I had an operation when I was 12 on my back, and you'll see on Friday, but it's a lovely way to honour the people who looked after me and a way of standing up for young people who also go through this.'

Her mother said:

Speaking ahead of Eugene's wedding to Jack Brooksbank, she told the Evening Standard: 'She did have what would have been very serious curvature of the spine.

'She certainly will be an extraordinary example of great work from the RNOH. The wedding is about love, future and inclusivity.

'What a huge, huge day for health, for the NHS, for the RNOH, and for hope. This is why this wedding is so beautiful. It's hope for other children suffering from scoliosis.'

More detail at the link:
Princess Eugenie's wedding dress show off the scars from surgery | Daily Mail Online

I thought that her dress fit her figure very well. (Much better than the Bush wedding that happened last week and the horrid dress that was worn at that one. Arm boob hanging out and boob hanging out egads....That dress was not made for her body at all.)

Screenshot_20181011-005919_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181011-004244_Chrome.jpg

Source: People magazine

Thanks for the photos and commentary. I looked at many pictures and watched several videos. Bride's gown is exquisite, and I like it much more than Meghan's. Kate looks lovely, as always, and the green suit looks nice on the Duchess of York.

...Meghan looked a bit dowdy in that coat and I thought the navy was too somber. I wondered if she's camouflaging a bit of a baby bump. Hopefully the dress under the coat was cut more sleekly. HRH and Prince Phillip looked nice too, though I notice HRH seems more stooped over than earlier this year.

You and many other folks (per Google) speculating that Meghan's coat might be hiding a baby bump. Seems to me that we've speculated about it here more than once :D I actually liked Meghan's understated elegance; she made certain that she didn't upstage the bride.

The dress Eugenie wore was very nice for her figure. I was worried after some of the past outfits she has worn but she looked very pretty.

The tiara reminded me of Duchess Meghan’s in shape. I hope for bothe ladies the tiaras were comfortable to wear and they tried on a few before picking one out. I have read where Queens and others have commented on the weight and tightness of tiaras and crowns.

I would have like to see a veil, however brides a hundred plus years ago did not wear them, so Eugenie was taking a cue from past brides.

I was hit right away with all the dark colors the ladies wore to include Beatrice. Only the Queen and Duchess Katherine wore a color.

Perhaps, when a list of ‘do’s and do nots’ were sent out that it was highly suugested ladies wear darker colors so the bride would stand out. This has been done at other celebrity and non celebrity weddings.

I thought it was very strange that Beatrice was not the one helping with the brides train, arranging it, helping get into the carriage, no....it was daddy! Beatrice really did nothing but a reading and stay by Fergie. That was different.

I expected Lady Louise and Viscount James to walk down the aisle, helping the little ones.....again that was odd for them to be mentioned in the wedding party but not participate as others have done in past weddings.

Fergie...well she marched to her own tune....sorry she was a miss today. Her har reminder me of Princess Astrid of Norway’s tiara, The Aigrette. The Princess used to joke she could receive ‘airway transmissions’ between cities!

Wow, that wedding dress is stunning. And paired with the tiara and no veil it is somehow perfect. Modern and romantic at the same time. Eugenie looks radiant and beautiful.

I like Eugenie's dress the best of all. Plus, she's not too thin which, to me, she looks like she stepped out of a Renoir painting. Just beautiful.

The happy couple looked very much in love today. The groom was very nervous but it is understandable he was live on television.

I preferred the Duchess of Sussex’s wedding dress. Princess Eugenie’s dress was lovely but very traditional.

Everyone looked well and I’m glad her Majesty the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were able to enjoy the happy occasion.

Thanks for the photos and commentary. I looked at many pictures and watched several videos. Bride's gown is exquisite, and I like it much more than Meghan's. Kate looks lovely, as always, and the green suit looks nice on the Duchess of York.

Agree, the dress was fabulous. Very elegant. I prefer it, as well. The colors of the flowers, decorations etc. was stunning. What a beautiful autumn wedding. Just wow!

Also loved Kate's dress, such a lovely color. Many of the guests wore those beautiful jewel tones, which matched the day and decor. Not sure what was with Meghan and the many rings she was wearing on the fingers of her right hand. At a formal affair, too much jewelry is, well, too much. Psychic fortune-teller look, I guess. Tacky.

Last edited:
Wow, that wedding dress is stunning. And paired with the tiara and no veil it is somehow perfect. Modern and romantic at the same time. Eugenie looks radiant and beautiful.

I like Eugenie's dress the best of all. Plus, she's not too thin which, to me, she looks like she stepped out of a Renoir painting. Just beautiful.

Yes! I have reproductions (posters from exhibits) of Renoir's The Dancer and LaLoge. Lovely!

I thought Eugenie looked beautiful this morning and that it all went wonderfully well. Sarah looks terrific in green, as she has the most stunning emerald eyes.

Many things in the wedding were a nod to her parents, a nice touch IMO.

White roses of York being one, the emerald tiara another.

Last edited:
iirc many felt that Meghans' dress was ill fitting and the fabric was either not stiff enough or too stiff. Too lazy to read back but it was mostly negative. iirc

I don't believe Beatrice has a beau at the moment. That Dave guy was around for a decade or so but when the M word (not Meghan) was mentioned, he bolted to America and promptly got engaged to another woman. What a cad!!

The Yorks had treated him/and thought of him as a son. They were certain he would marry Beatrice. It must have been heartbreaking for her.

I hope she finds a nice fella, who treats her well and they have a happy married life. If that's what she wants....of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend