Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Harry is the most popular royal especially amongst younger generations, who can forget that little boy walking behind his mummy's coffin, I think since then we have collectively "looked out for" those boys. I like William too, but he and Kate seem to have got stuffier as time has gone on, but then they'll be King and Queen one day so I guess they have to behave.

Harry has more freedom and is no stranger to partying, drink, drugs and beautiful women, he definitely has a naughty side but I think the boy's come good. I think this will be the making of him, Diana would be so proud. I'm not a massive royal fan usually, I like them and I'm mainly glad we have them but I don't follow what they're up to. I think this engagement heralds a new chapter, a step on further modernising what W&K started. Good luck Hazza & Meg!

CoverMeCagney, I love your honesty about the Royals. I feel you are spot on about Harry and Meg. Let be what will happen, I think this is what they want and they have the blessings of the Queen and Charles. I am not a big fan of the Royal family since the way Diana was treated. jmo

Religion question clarified, Telegraph says Meghan is a Protestant who attended a RC school and will be baptised and confirmed into the Church of England. The wedding will indeed be in May and at St George's Chapel, Windsor, looks like it will be televised. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...e-confirmed-prince-harry-meghan-markle-marry/

Glad that's all tied up, now for the much more important questions of the dress, flowers, music and whose tiara Meghan will wear, unless Harry commissions a new one for her. The Spencer tiara that Diana wore at her wedding is a really pretty one and it would be a nice gesture for the Spencers to lend it to Meghan (something borrowed) and a bit of homage to Diana. Or the pearl tiara, I think pearls would suit Meghan.

I think Meghan will either go for the very natural look, so maybe lily-of-the-valley for the flowers, or she could go exotic being a little bit older and having nice colouring with orchids and dripping with diamonds. I think she will prob go fresh and youthful to head off the goldigger comments! She could carry off either. The dress will be very classic with simple lines and not too much fuss if she keeps up her normal style. George and Charlotte for page and bridesmaid. Harry will be looking masculine and a bit young Henry VIII in some sort of uniform.

Something happy to look forward to, amidst all the doom and gloom, thank goodness.

Meghan Markle intends to become UK citizen after marriage to Prince Harry
Revelations likely to include venue, wedding month

By JUDITH VONBERG , CNN

(CNN) - Meghan Markle intends to become a UK citizen, the British royal family has announced, confirming that her marriage to Prince Harry would take place at Windsor Castle in May next year.

Kensington Palace said that Windsor, a royal residence west of London, had become "a special place for the two of them."

A spokesman said Markle would retain US citizenship through the process of becoming a UK citizen but it was "too early to say" if she would retain dual nationality. The process is expected to take several years...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/lifestyle/more-details-expected-on-prince-harrys-wedding

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle will marry in May at Windsor Castle
by Rachel Elbaum and David Rudge

LONDON — Prince Harry will marry American actress Meghan Markle in May at a chapel on the grounds of one of his grandmother's castles, royal officials announced Tuesday.

St. George's Chapel dates to the 15th century and is located at Windsor Castle, where Britain's Queen Elizabeth II lives for part of the year...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/prince-harry-meghan-markle-will-marry-may-windsor-castle-n824466

Anyone else think they won't have kids? Idk why, but I see them choosing to not have children. I am happy for them, they make a lovely couple.

Anyone else think they won't have kids? Idk why, but I see them choosing to not have children. I am happy for them, they make a lovely couple.

I don't think so, Cubby, unless they are not able to physically. Harry is known to be very keen on having a family of his own, as he is the "fun uncle" for George and Charlotte. And they will have the help around to have children and carry out a range of duties and still spend time together. So it wouldn't surprise me if there is a "honeymoon baby" (or, maybe an "early" baby, :giggle:). I hope so, I can't wait to see how Harry's and Meghan's genes mix up together, will the red hair survive?

I don't think so, Cubby, unless they are not able to physically. Harry is known to be very keen on having a family of his own, as he is the "fun uncle" for George and Charlotte. And they will have the help around to have children and carry out a range of duties and still spend time together. So it wouldn't surprise me if there is a "honeymoon baby" (or, maybe an "early" baby, :giggle:). I hope so, I can't wait to see how Harry's and Meghan's genes mix up together, will the red hair survive?

Fairly sure they said "hopefully in the near future" in one of the interviews, didn't they?

I had a friend at university with a black dad and red haired mum. He was the most gorgeous and unusual looking young man - coffee coloured skin with freckles, curly auburn hair and green eyes. I have facestalked him a few times to no avail but would love to see what he looks like in his 40's.

I know much is made of Harry's resemblance to James Hewitt, but if you look at this pic of a young Prince Philip I think it's obvious he's a full blood prince.

maxresdefault.jpg

It’s going to be a long, long time till May it is wall to wall media coverage of the engagement here. Every aspect of Meghan’s life appears to be scrutinised for public consumption and I don’t think it’s fair at all.

The Daily Mail has a 24 page engagement photographic pull out on Saturday talk about overkill.

Meghan Markle intends to become UK citizen after marriage to Prince Harry
Revelations likely to include venue, wedding month

By JUDITH VONBERG , CNN

(CNN) - Meghan Markle intends to become a UK citizen, the British royal family has announced, confirming that her marriage to Prince Harry would take place at Windsor Castle in May next year.

Kensington Palace said that Windsor, a royal residence west of London, had become "a special place for the two of them."

A spokesman said Markle would retain US citizenship through the process of becoming a UK citizen but it was "too early to say" if she would retain dual nationality. The process is expected to take several years...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/lifestyle/more-details-expected-on-prince-harrys-wedding

She may want to retain dual citizenship to leave her options open, in case things don't work out. Seems sensible.

As for children, it seems Harry would make a great parent and he acts as though he'd like to have a family. I think he's been quoted in the past. I'm sure his new wife will accomodate him, though she's probably less enthusiastic at the prospect. She's 36 years old and has avoided settling down and starting a family for many, many years. If she does start a family, she'll have to do so soon as health risks grow greater as she approaches age 40. I don't see her as a "hands on" type Mom, that's not typical for women who don't have children until late in life. Perhaps she'll be more like Fergie in her mothering duties - more hands off, but kind and supportive. Fergie was the type who liked to get out, have fun socialize, travel, go to parties and have a good time. IMO, that seems more similar to Meghan's past lifestyle. Actually, that may work out ok as many in the upper class of Great Britain (and the US, for that matter) don't believe in spending a great deal of time with their own children. Diana and Kate are exceptions rather than the rule.

ETA: I'm sure they'll have some fun and exciting years ahead of them. Wishing them the best and that it all works out for the best in the long run.

Fairly sure they said "hopefully in the near future" in one of the interviews, didn't they?

I had a friend at university with a black dad and red haired mum. He was the most gorgeous and unusual looking young man - coffee coloured skin with freckles, curly auburn hair and green eyes. I have facestalked him a few times to no avail but would love to see what he looks like in his 40's.

I know much is made of Harry's resemblance to James Hewitt, but if you look at this pic of a young Prince Philip I think it's obvious he's a full blood prince.

View attachment 127021

I don't see much resemblance between Harry and young Prince Philip. In that photo they have a similar beard, but other than that, I don't think they look all that similar.

Unlike his dad Charles, who when asked by a reporter on their engagement day if he and Diana were in love, awkwardly replied "whatever in love means"

I think it's rather obvious Charles was not actually in love with Diana, at that time he wasn't allowed to marry a divorced woman. Times change.

I think it's rather obvious Charles was not actually in love with Diana, at that time he wasn't allowed to marry a divorced woman. Times change.

Oh yes, I think she was "picked" for him by The Establishment. I'm glad he and Camilla are together now, seems like it was meant to be all along, just tragic that Di didn't live to find happiness again, she'd be 56 now and most likely fabulous!

I hope the press interest will slow down a bit, a 28 page newspaper spread is ridiculous!

She may want to retain dual citizenship to leave her options open, in case things don't work out. Seems sensible.

As for children, it seems Harry would make a great parent and he acts as though he'd like to have a family. I think he's been quoted in the past. I'm sure his new wife will accomodate him, though she's probably less enthusiastic at the prospect. She's 36 years old and has avoided settling down and starting a family for many, many years. If she does start a family, she'll have to do so soon as health risks grow greater as she approaches age 40. I don't see her as a "hands on" type Mom, that's not typical for women who don't have children until late in life. Perhaps she'll be more like Fergie in her mothering duties - more hands off, but kind and supportive. Fergie was the type who liked to get out, have fun socialize, travel, go to parties and have a good time. IMO, that seems more similar to Meghan's past lifestyle. Actually, that may work out ok as many in the upper class of Great Britain (and the US, for that matter) don't believe in spending a great deal of time with their own children. Diana and Kate are exceptions rather than the rule.

ETA: I'm sure they'll have some fun and exciting years ahead of them. Wishing them the best and that it all works out for the best in the long run.

BBM Huh, isn't that funny? I have the exact opposite impression of her. She very much seems to me to be the type that would be hands on with her children, especially having had a fairly pedestrian upbringing. Harry's life has been much more consumed with adventures, going out and partying etc than has hers. It sounds like he's ready to settle down now. She obviously hasn't found the partner with whom she wanted to have a family and now she has. :) I do think it's a shame that they will have to have children so soon. I was her age when I had my child, after many years of marriage. It's really nice to have a life with one's partner sans children for a while, especially while adjusting to marriage, let alone adjusting to a royal marriage. But then again if she's very excited to have children she probably won't feel that way. In any event, the adjustment to it all has to be mind blowing. I hope she finds a good friend in Kate to help her navigate everything. Talk about a fairy tale for an American girl. Do you think she ever thought in a million years as a kid in CA that she'd one day being marrying a prince. ? :) I just keep thinking about that. :)

She had to be a virgin, too...

I'm not sure it's so much that the queen has changed with the times, than the absolute fiasco of her children's marriages. They don't need another semi-arranged marriage turning out like Charles and Diana.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good points. I hadn't really thought much about help with the children.

It's official: Meghan Markle will leave 'Suits' at the end of Season 7

Meghan Markle's fans will have to be satisfied seeing her shine on the world stage — because she's leaving the small screen behind.

The 36-year-old actress, who announced her engagement to Prince Harry this week, will be leaving the cast of "Suits" at the end of Season 7, the USA Network announced on Tuesday...

https://www.today.com/popculture/newly-engaged-meghan-markle-leaving-suits-after-season-7-t119387

attachment.php

No, I never believed the James Hewitt story either, I think he is a Windsor with a lot of Spencer genes there. Diana followed the rules in that respect I think, have the heir and the spare and then have fun. I still think of her very fondly, I remember waking up and the TV was on with the news of the crash and I just thought I was having a nightmare. A lot of the affection for the boys is because of people's memories of their mother, I think.

Still going to be a little bit "awkward" when Charles ascends, I think. I don't dislike him, he does a lot of good work with the Prince's Trust and he's a great gardener, and I think Camilla seems pretty jolly, but Queen Camilla? I don't know, people still remember what went on and I think it did cause Charles to lose a lot of respect.

Anyhoo, on a lighter note, Meghan "stalked" Prince Harry http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5126431/Meghan-Markle-Buckingham-Palace-aged-15.html ! I like these surreal, crossing of paths type things, little did she know, or he know that the girl he would marry was sat outside on the railings.....

Genealogist: Meghan Markle descended from English king
Associated Press

Boston — Prince Harry’s bride-to-be, Meghan Markle, may have some royal blood after all.

A U.S. researcher who specializes in finding the American descendants of British monarchs said Thursday that Markle is a direct descendant of England’s King Edward III, who ruled from 1327 until 1377. The genealogist, Gary Boyd Roberts, says she and Harry are 17th cousins...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2017/11/30/royal-engagement-markle-geneaology/108155988/

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle step out on first royal visit as couple
by Saphora Smith, Kelly Cobiella and Mo Abbas

NOTTINGHAM, England — All eyes were on Prince Harry and his future wife, Meghan Markle, on Friday as they attended their first official royal event as an engaged couple.

Crowds waving British and American flags lined the streets of the English city of Nottingham to catch a glimpse of the couple. Earlier this week, Harry and Markle announced they planned to marry.

Both shook hands and chatted with members of the crowd, as wellwishers screamed "Harry!", "Meghan!" as they walked past. Some fans offered flowers to the U.S. actress, who starred in TV series "Suits." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...arkle-step-out-1st-royal-visit-couple-n825531

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks