Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wait a little longer, maybe the next thread will be a Royal Baby Bump Watch :D

Or maybe something to include other non-celebrities in the spotlight. I'd like to include fashion watch of Brigitte Macron from France, the First Lady from USA, other royals and leaders/leaders' wives from around the world. I am enjoying the fashion talk on this thread - but I am not interested in celebrities like movie and tv stars or people in the musical industry.

Just my 2¢.

Or maybe something to include other non-celebrities in the spotlight. I'd like to include fashion watch of Brigitte Macron from France, the First Lady from USA, other royals and leaders/leaders' wives from around the world. I am enjoying the fashion talk on this thread - but I am not interested in celebrities like movie and tv stars or people in the musical industry.

Just my 2¢.
And I should add...let's keep it non-political if we add other world people to the conversation - limit the comments to fashion choices only, if we should expand to include others beyond Great Britain's royals. (It could get ugly very fast...and ugly is not fashionable!)

jmo

Ok, only one song runs through my head... It would be fun to have a fashion thread!

Oh, bop, do do do do do do do do
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion
Oh, bop, do do do do do do do do
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion
La-la la la la la la-la

Why not just start a fashion thread? or is there one already? Just an idea.
My personal preference is to limit it to royals in Great Britain and royal families in other countries and maybe other people like First Ladies of USA and France, elected officials, etc, etc. If it's fashion in general, that would include celebrities like Kardashians and movie stars....and that type of fashion simply isn't interesting to me.

Mine is just one lone voice, just my opinion - but we already have celebrity threads and I'd like to see this particular "royal type" fashion-watch separate from celebrities from the entertainment industry.

Maybe we need a poll to see what the consensus is?

jmopinion

My personal preference is to limit it to royals in Great Britain and royal families in other countries and maybe other people like First Ladies of USA and France, elected officials, etc, etc. If it's fashion in general, that would include celebrities like Kardashians and movie stars....and that type of fashion simply isn't interesting to me.

Mine is just one lone voice, just my opinion - but we already have celebrity threads and I'd like to see this particular "royal type" fashion-watch separate from celebrities from the entertainment industry.

jmopinion

Sounds good to me. I love the queen of Spain. And PM Trudeau's fancy socks, lol!

And the designers who dress the Royals, other country's royalty, and president's wives, are so interesting, too. And the men, too.

I agree, we are inundated with celebrity fashion.

Last edited:

jmopinion

FLOTUS is the most stylish woman I have ever seen even when dressed casually. She dresses even better than the Royals in my opinion. I wondered if she has a great stylist or if she picks everything herself. The Queen of Spain and Queen Rania of Jordan also dress very well.

Prime Minister Trudeau and President Macron are the best dressed men I think.

...Yes to the purse comments! She has assistants with her - why can't they carry her belongings as she greets the public, takes photos, etc. Clutch purses look good, but they are so inconvenient, and, like you said, people use two hands in life...

Would anyone care to speculate about the contents of those little clutch purses carried by the royal women?

Lipstick and ibuprophen for the battle worn feet enduring stilettos is my guess.

I have noticed one of Meghan's purses cost more than three outfits. And some of those big bags look so cumbersome. Like doctor's bags...

They need outfits with pockets.

Tennis fans have been desperate to see the new Duchess of Sussex at Wimbledon - and now she's set to make her royal debut at SW19 on a double date with Kate.

The two Duchesses will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday, their first official royal appearance together without William and Harry.

Meghan and Kate will attend Wimbledon on Saturday | Daily Mail Online

...Yes to the purse comments! She has assistants with her - why can't they carry her belongings as she greets the public, takes photos, etc. Clutch purses look good, but they are so inconvenient, and, like you said, people use two hands in life...

Would anyone care to speculate about the contents of those little clutch purses carried by the royal women?
Contents? Pressed powder, compact mirror, lipstick, bandaids for blisters, feminine products for "those situations," mints??

Now I'm curious!

Contents? Pressed powder, compact mirror, lipstick, bandaids for blisters, feminine products for "those situations," mints??

Now I'm curious!

Comb/small hairbrush. Kleenex. I'd need my rescue inhaler and Lactaid. When DH and I are on cruises, I carry a very small cross-body purse around the ship. No need for a full-size purse, so I have only basics with me. I would never carry a clutch as it is too easy to set it down and leave it somewhere.

Comb/small hairbrush. Kleenex. I'd need my rescue inhaler and Lactaid. When DH and I are on cruises, I carry a very small cross-body purse around the ship. No need for a full-size purse, so I have only basics with me. I would never carry a clutch as it is too easy to set it down and leave it somewhere.
A royal could also have notes about names to remember, key points to mention, order of events of the occasion, etc.

Personally, I’d like a thread just about Meghan so we can see her through her upcoming pregnanc(ies), etc and discuss her fashion choices as they evolve...not to mention her family’s antics! She’s got enough happening to fill up a thread on her own. :)

Another thread about other royals, etc would be fine. I’m just not as familiar with the others, so maybe that’s why I want to stick to Meghan. But whatever is decided is fine.

And definitely keep the politics out of it!

Tennis fans have been desperate to see the new Duchess of Sussex at Wimbledon - and now she's set to make her royal debut at SW19 on a double date with Kate.

The two Duchesses will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday, their first official royal appearance together without William and Harry.

Meghan and Kate will attend Wimbledon on Saturday | Daily Mail Online
Great - that will be fun to see.

Was it Wimbledon where Diana and Sarah were silly together and poked someone with an umbrella?

I saw a corset once that ladies wore maybe in the 1800’s or 1900’s? It was stained with blood. The bones or maybe the wires dug into their bodies.

It seems ridiculous women would do that to themselves. I feel the same about heels.Destroying feet and calves and feeling uncomfortable and having to be ultra aware of the ground. Strange ideas to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member