Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Gardenista, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I am with you! I want to see her shine - and I do think she'll get there, especially once she starts taking on some charities and causes on her own.

Yes to the purse comments! She has assistants with her - why can't they carry her belongings as she greets the public, takes photos, etc. Clutch purses look good, but they are so inconvenient, and, like you said, people use two hands in life.

Yes to the heels comments! I'm not anti-heel and I spent years in heels myself....but had the sense not to wear them on grass, cobblestones, etc. Save the heels for specific occasions when walking in them doesn't require all your attention. It's like fashion is disabling these competent women just so their calves look long and lean at every single moment - it's absurd. It's not an accomplishment to strive for to be able to walk across a field of grass in pointy heels. I can think of better ideals for fashion to reflect.

And I'll add my voice to the plea for her to upgrade her undergarments. We don't need to be noticing that her bra is inadequate for the dress.

Her hair doesn't bother me - I'm okay with her look, though I can envision some other styles that would be nice. Natural curls, for one!

I also think her make-up looks dated - the blush is often harsh. I especially like when we can see her freckles.

Oh for goodness sake, I sure have a lot to say about someone I don't even know, lol! But I like her and want to see her succeed in all ways.

jmopinion

Niner, Gooddeeds, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  2. Inthedetails

Or maybe something to include other non-celebrities in the spotlight. I'd like to include fashion watch of Brigitte Macron from France, the First Lady from USA, other royals and leaders/leaders' wives from around the world. I am enjoying the fashion talk on this thread - but I am not interested in celebrities like movie and tv stars or people in the musical industry.

Just my 2¢.

3. Inthedetails

And I should add...let's keep it non-political if we add other world people to the conversation - limit the comments to fashion choices only, if we should expand to include others beyond Great Britain's royals. (It could get ugly very fast...and ugly is not fashionable!)

jmo

Niner, Gooddeeds and Lilibet like this.
  4. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Why not just start a fashion thread? or is there one already? Just an idea.

5. villiscan

villiscan On Time Out

They've wed, and it's Summer; title change??

gregjrichards likes this.
  6. rosemadderlake

rosemadderlake Well-Known Member

Ok, only one song runs through my head... It would be fun to have a fashion thread!

Oh, bop, do do do do do do do do
    Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion
    Oh, bop, do do do do do do do do
    Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion
    La-la la la la la la-la

Lilibet, JDG and gregjrichards like this.
  7. Inthedetails

My personal preference is to limit it to royals in Great Britain and royal families in other countries and maybe other people like First Ladies of USA and France, elected officials, etc, etc. If it's fashion in general, that would include celebrities like Kardashians and movie stars....and that type of fashion simply isn't interesting to me.

Mine is just one lone voice, just my opinion - but we already have celebrity threads and I'd like to see this particular "royal type" fashion-watch separate from celebrities from the entertainment industry.

Maybe we need a poll to see what the consensus is?

jmopinion

8. rosemadderlake

Sounds good to me. I love the queen of Spain. And PM Trudeau's fancy socks, lol!

And the designers who dress the Royals, other country's royalty, and president's wives, are so interesting, too. And the men, too.

I agree, we are inundated with celebrity fashion.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Gooddeeds, human, Lilibet and 3 others like this.
  9. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

FLOTUS is the most stylish woman I have ever seen even when dressed casually. She dresses even better than the Royals in my opinion. I wondered if she has a great stylist or if she picks everything herself. The Queen of Spain and Queen Rania of Jordan also dress very well.

Prime Minister Trudeau and President Macron are the best dressed men I think.

Niner, Gooddeeds, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  10. JDG

JDG Websleuther

I'm all for leaving the celebs out of the mix. Reality 'stars' are not what I was thinking. lol

Niner, Amonet, human and 2 others like this.
  11. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

...Yes to the purse comments! She has assistants with her - why can't they carry her belongings as she greets the public, takes photos, etc. Clutch purses look good, but they are so inconvenient, and, like you said, people use two hands in life...

Would anyone care to speculate about the contents of those little clutch purses carried by the royal women?

Gooddeeds, Laughing, human and 5 others like this.
  12. rosemadderlake

Lipstick and ibuprophen for the battle worn feet enduring stilettos is my guess.

I have noticed one of Meghan's purses cost more than three outfits. And some of those big bags look so cumbersome. Like doctor's bags...

They need outfits with pockets.

13. gregjrichards

Tennis fans have been desperate to see the new Duchess of Sussex at Wimbledon - and now she's set to make her royal debut at SW19 on a double date with Kate.

The two Duchesses will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday, their first official royal appearance together without William and Harry.

Meghan and Kate will attend Wimbledon on Saturday | Daily Mail Online

Niner, La Louve, Gooddeeds and 5 others like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Contents? Pressed powder, compact mirror, lipstick, bandaids for blisters, feminine products for "those situations," mints??

Now I'm curious!

human and Lilibet like this.
  15. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Comb/small hairbrush. Kleenex. I'd need my rescue inhaler and Lactaid. When DH and I are on cruises, I carry a very small cross-body purse around the ship. No need for a full-size purse, so I have only basics with me. I would never carry a clutch as it is too easy to set it down and leave it somewhere.

La Louve, human and Lilibet like this.
  16. Inthedetails

A royal could also have notes about names to remember, key points to mention, order of events of the occasion, etc.

Laughing, human and Lilibet like this.
  17. gregjrichards

Deleted.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Only4Justice and Lilibet like this.
  18. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Personally, I’d like a thread just about Meghan so we can see her through her upcoming pregnanc(ies), etc and discuss her fashion choices as they evolve...not to mention her family’s antics! She’s got enough happening to fill up a thread on her own. :)

Another thread about other royals, etc would be fine. I’m just not as familiar with the others, so maybe that’s why I want to stick to Meghan. But whatever is decided is fine.

And definitely keep the politics out of it!

1&2&3, Sherwood Park, JDG and 3 others like this.
  19. Inthedetails

Great - that will be fun to see.

Was it Wimbledon where Diana and Sarah were silly together and poked someone with an umbrella?

20. human

human Well-Known Member

What is the purpose of a clutch purse? Seems totally useless to me. No hands free. Can’t set it down. Who would remember it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.