Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Gardenista, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

I saw a corset once that ladies wore maybe in the 1800’s or 1900’s? It was stained with blood. The bones or maybe the wires dug into their bodies.

It seems ridiculous women would do that to themselves. I feel the same about heels.Destroying feet and calves and feeling uncomfortable and having to be ultra aware of the ground. Strange ideas to me

2. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Here’s an interesting series of experiments showing that men are more attracted to women in higher heels. I think we knew that, but why do married women continue to wear them at great risk?

The Uncanny Psychology of High Heels

Stiletto heel - Wikipedia

SeesSeas and human like this.
  3. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Meghan has terrible bunions. I have a slight misalignment and bony bits sticking out that make many shoes painful to wear for long, but mine are hardly noticeable and I have that pain, I can't imagine how much her feet might hurt after a day walking in those stilettos.

I'm also old-fashioned and dislike heavily pregnant women wearing stilettos, which Kate did through her pregnancies and even when she walked down the steps with her newborns. Pregnancy can screw up the back enough without wearing stiletto heels. I don't know how they get away with it.

4. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I think the red dress looks like a combination of tape and padding. I think the taupe dress is a strapless bra that's too tight across the top...no need for a strapless bra with that dress, but I guess Meghan must wear those a lot with the slash-neck outfits.

human and Lilibet like this.
  5. Lilibet

Call me old-fashioned too! I hold my breath when Kate walks down the hospital steps holding her new babies. Never mind her back! I worry about the baby. But her back and feet will rue the days of stilettos someday.

Of course, I also hold my breath watching Queen Elizabeth navigate stairs without holding onto a rail or just plain walk on level ground without a cane. It wouldn’t take much to make her fall. I watched my neighbor’s husband lurch into her slightly, sending her down on the sidewalk with a broken hip. :eek: I live in a hilly neighborhood and I use hiking poles to walk anywhere nearby. At least they make me look athletic rather than old! :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Amonet, human, JDG and 3 others like this.
  6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I worry about Her Majesty The Queen falling too. I really admire her ability to continue serving her country despite having severe knee pain I don’t know how she does it. Her Majesty needs a knee operation but she is refusing to do it because of the downtime. I have crippling sciatica at the moment at 34 and couldn’t do what she does.

At least the Queen is now changing her shoes to flat ones during Royal engagements.

Amonet, 1&2&3, human and 4 others like this.
  7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I didn't know the Queen has knee pain. How does she do it? I'm recovering from a bout of runner's knee and I'm having a hard time - especially with stairs.

Amonet, human and gregjrichards like this.
  8. gregjrichards

Hope you feel better soon it’s a nightmare dealing with pain.

The Queen is in agony with her knees getting up from a chair but doesn’t let it show although she has mentioned it to her friends that she is suffering. I admire her determination to carry on but I’m sure the public would understand if she had the surgery to help with the pain even if she needed to take a few months off public engagements to recover. Hopefully she will slow down her pace of work and let other Royals help out more often.

9. Lilibet

I didn’t know about her knee pain, although I’m not surprised since she’s 92. All the more reason to use a cane!

So sorry about your sciatica. I feel your pain. It’s awful.

Amonet, human and gregjrichards like this.
  10. gregjrichards

Yeah it’s pretty much expected to have pain at 92. At least Her Majesty seems to be in good health otherwise touch wood.

Thank you I really appreciate it. Hopefully my steroid injection next week will help me.

Amonet, human, Inthedetails and 2 others like this.
  11. Lilibet

Keep us posted. You too, inthedetails. Hope your runner’s knee calms down soon.

If the Queen has pain in both knees, I can see why the thought of surgery would be daunting and it could result in two recuperation periods. She may be hanging in there until she can’t stand it anymore. The rule of thumb I’ve heard from orthopedic surgeons is that when the pain keeps you awake at night it’s time to seriously consider surgery. That’s when my husband had his hip replaced.

Amonet, human, gregjrichards and 2 others like this.
  12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I do hope the injection provides relief. I've heard sciatica is painful (and I hope conversations about fashion...and crime...help take your mind off it sometimes!).

I wonder if the Queen is planning to put off surgery until after she steps aside from her duties (if she ever decides to do that)? She definitely is a tough cookie.

Amonet, Lilibet, human and 2 others like this.
  13. Gooddeeds

Gooddeeds Well-Known Member

Agree, no Kardashian’s and NO POLITICS. This is an enjoyable thread, don’t need heavy topics or Kardashian-antics to take the fun away. I’m for First family’s-US, UK, and elsewhere. Royals, elected officials, etc.

‘Royal family’s of the World-stateside & abroad’
    or
    ‘Royal and First Families/Wardrobe Watchers’

Niner, Amonet, Lilibet and 2 others like this.
  14. Gooddeeds

Gooddeeds Well-Known Member

Since she is a boatneck fan (ten and counting since May) she needs to find the proper undergarments for those and all else.

The bits of red streaks in her hair bothers me. Red is great on the right person, but not for her. The color looks like it’s henna tones, or burgundy. Is it grow out from the past, because that is an easy blend? Or fashion highlights she has been told is becoming?

Attached Files:

angelainwi, Amonet, La Louve and 3 others like this.
  15. Sherwood Park

Sherwood Park Active Member

Right here:
    What's inside the Queen's handbag and why is it so significant?
    "
    Practical items she carries include her reading glasses, a handkerchief, mints and a fountain pen

Only Her Majesty knows for sure, but well-informed opinion suggests that along with her reading glasses, other practical must-haves include a handkerchief, mints and a fountain pen – not to forget a portable hook which is used to hang the bag neatly under tables."

16. human

human Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

I want to hear about the Royals who show class and empathy and strength.

Lots of courage in the family and humor with little Charlotte.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2018
    angelainwi, enelram, kimlynn and 3 others like this.
  17. gregjrichards

Thank you I appreciate it. I’m pretty much housebound at the moment due to the pain I’m. I’m still having problems with Crohn’s disease I have discussed here previously but I am grateful for my cat and Websleuths to keep me occupied.

Amonet, bluesneakers, enelram and 5 others like this.
  18. Lilibet

Yes, I agree that the FLOTUS (or any other politically connected figure) is too controversial right now. The Politivent Forum was a total disaster, so a thread including the FLOTUS would have been shut down over “the jacket.” :D I’m not trying to start a discussion about that particular article of clothing or any other, so LET’S NOT START PLEASE and let’s agree to stick to royalty outside the U.S. whose roles are politically neutral. We’ll all be happier and Tricia will be able to keep what’s left of her hair. :)

19. Lilibet

OT: Your kitty is adorable, by the way! What’s it’s name?

Amonet and rosemadderlake like this.
  20. La Louve

La Louve For Whitney and Teghan

Good lord but that grey/taupe dress is hideously ill-fitting. Why is no one tailoring her clothes properly? And there are plenty of good supportive strapless bras that don't make one's boobage look so unattractive. The queen's own brassiere maker I'm sure could create a bespoke undergarment that would work under that dress, not be so obvious, and actually flatter her small bustline.

IMO she needs to move on from the boatneck look. For me, it's making her wedding dress seem less special every time she wears the same neckline. I'm not a fan of anything trendy like that. I bought some summer dresses last week and there were so many in the shops that had the partial sleeves, or cutout sleeves (I really don't know what the particular style is called). You might get one season of wear out of that look and then it's outdated. Not something I like to invest my money in. JMO

I'm looking forward to Queen Charlotte. She's one sassy royal already!

angelainwi, Amonet, enelram and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.