Prince Harry of Wales

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LONDON -- The grandson of Queen Elizabeth II apologized Wednesday night after a tabloid printed a picture of him wearing a Nazi soldier's uniform to a fancy dress party.

Early editions of Thursday's issue of "The Sun," showed Prince Harry, the second son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, clutching a cigarette and a drink and wearing a swastika armband.

The newspaper said the 20-year-old prince had attended a bad taste party in the uniform of a fascist soldier.

Full Story with pic :waitasec:

What the h#ll was he thinking??? :doh:

Why didn't anyone stop him?????
I mean dressing as a nazi for "fun" is in poor taste/judgement but for someone so in the public eye...............I'm just baffled by this.He went to Oxford right?

I thought some costumes were supposed to be scary. That sounds about as scary as you can get.

What is it with people hating things so much that they like to pretend they never existed? Nazis existed, and dressing up as one for a costume party does not glorify them by any extent. They are a part of history, and as such should not be swept under the rug, but learned from. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it, to paraphrase. If it was an Historical Heroes themed party, I could see the uproar.

The thing that gets me is that it was a bad taste party. Judging from the uproar, I hope he won. :p

While I can understand the reason people are upset, I have to admit I don't share the feeling. It was a bad taste party, he wore a costuem he thought was in 'bad taste'. Doesn't that mean he feels Nazi are not good things. Maybe they should be congratulating him on thinking Nazi's are in bad taste rather than yelling at him.

I actually cannot see the big deal. It was a bunch of young people doing stupid things like we all did... albeit, I've never dressed as a nazi. But to have this world wide exposure and have him now go on a tour to be more sensitive of the jewish? This is way out of proportion, in my opinion.

How does wearing a "bad taste costume" make him insensitive to what happened?! If he dressed up as boy george, would we have a world wide gay uproar and make him tour gay clubs?

He was wrong, but he didn't deserve world wide media on this.

blueclouds said:
I actually cannot see the big deal. It was a bunch of young people doing stupid things like we all did... albeit, I've never dressed as a nazi. But to have this world wide exposure and have him now go on a tour to be more sensitive of the jewish? This is way out of proportion, in my opinion.

How does wearing a "bad taste costume" make him insensitive to what happened?! If he dressed up as boy george, would we have a world wide gay uproar and make him tour gay clubs?

He was wrong, but he didn't deserve world wide media on this.
:clap:

Peoplw who are considered royalty and who live in palaces and take part in government are supposed to be more carefull than the average person is. Harry should have realized that it would be innapropriate for any member of his family to wear a nazi uniform even to a bad taste party or even as a joke. We were not attacked by nazi germany but England most certainly was. I doubt that people who live through the bombing in England and the death camps in Europe would find it acceptable that Harry thought the costume would be funny or amusing to wear. He has the benifits of being a "royal" he needs to accept that it comes with the price of behaving with more dignity than the average teen.

I don't think it will hurt him one bit to formally appologize.

In the article it says he feels as close to normal as he ever has, and that is a good thing. But those people in that country have access to live feeds just like we do in the US. Sometimes I get frustrated with some of the things that the news reports on because you know that the people who are out to hurt us are using feeds to find our weak spots.

I think the Brits should be very proud of Prince Harry!
Might not be a good idea for him to remain deployed now that this has been exposed.

I would be worried that Harry's status as a potential trophy target would put the rest of his unit in jeopardy.

From dlisted.com: The british media, including CNN, all agreed to sit on the story for his and his unit's safety. However, the Drudge Report saw no reason to be concerned & posted the information on their website. Nice!

I thought they decided against this last year (or year before) when the UK ws in Iraq - because of who he is and endangering his commrades.....

He wanted to do his duty and serve his country... his unit went and he obviously didn't want special treatment. If he had not went, you better believe people would be all over him like stink on crap, claiming that he was using his royalty lineage to evade his military responsibilities. Bottom line, though: the Drudge Report had not one thing to gain from releasing that information. I can remember when DR used to be on the cutting edge... the site for the best news that meant something. Now... they seem to read more and more like a hack website. (said from my own opinionated corner)

Useful publicity for the not-so-popular royalty, non?

Cynical - moi?

This puts everyone in danger. Stupid reporting IMO.:mad:

I never even considered that Prince Harry would actually fight on the front lines of any war.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back