KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

It must be overwhelming! (Still is for me :D)!! But did ya hear?! Our guy, 1989...Grant County... John W. Coolaid (pronounced like Kool-Aid, only with a French accent cuz he’s cool!) is in DDP’s hands?!? I’m beside myself!!!!

It makes me happy...DNA Doe project does always anyway.

@fred&edna !! Haven’t seen you in awhile! (Assumed you were stuck down in the George rabbit hole :p)

You know me so well! :D I'm still here and still nosing around for info on these UID's (doing my best to steer clear of rat holes and tree limbs tho)... can't seem to lock-into anything useful... yet.

For me personally it feels better to "pick" one UID out and search for a possible match, although I'm always interested in possible patterns....that's what I like about this thread. I find the scattered bones of two, maybe more, persons and in a way related through the maternal line, very interesting.

You know me so well! :D I'm still here and still nosing around for info on these UID's (doing my best to steer clear of rat holes and tree limbs tho)... can't seem to lock-into anything useful... yet.
It takes every ounce of willpower I have not to join you! :p ... yet.

For me personally it feels better to "pick" one UID out and search for a possible match, although I'm always interested in possible patterns....that's what I like about this thread. I find the scattered bones of two, maybe more, persons and in a way related through the maternal line, very interesting.
I try picking one and it always leads to “well...what about this one?” “Could be a match for him!”... and so on and so on :D

Those bones are interesting to me too! I hope more information will be revealed about them!

Thank you BOH!! You truly are one of a kind!!

You can be the “liaison to the medical examiner”... cuz I give up!! :( I’m trying not to, but have become incredibly discouraged. I’m afraid to even suggest a possible match anymore.

One of the first things I had to learn when I started doing this, and one I'm still terrible at, is realizing that law enforcement generally moves at a glacial pace. Things can be done quickly sometimes, but most of the time it's a long series of paperwork, backlogs, excessive workload, more urgent cases, and did I mention overwork? In one case we were waiting almost three years for conformation on remains that everybody was pretty sure were the missing person (drowning victim in the Merrimack River)...

One of the first things I had to learn when I started doing this, and one I'm still terrible at, is realizing that law enforcement generally moves at a glacial pace. Things can be done quickly sometimes, but most of the time it's a long series of paperwork, backlogs, excessive workload, more urgent cases, and did I mention overwork? In one case we were waiting almost three years for conformation on remains that everybody was pretty sure were the missing person (drowning victim in the Merrimack River)...
I guess I’m just being terrible at it too :(

The stars will align for us on this and our hard work will payoff! I gotta believe that much! ;)

FYI @GJKJR got all the cause/manners of death added to the spreadsheet! Thank you again! :)

And is anyone else having trouble viewing the two maps? :oops: It may be (probably is) user error on my part, or I copied the links wrong to the sheet. LOL but no pins appear for me ! I know I’m likely doing something wrong! :confused:

That's pretty weird, actually; I was looking at that case yesterday and the first thing I thought of was "Pendleton John." Guess we're on the same wavelength!

That's pretty weird, actually; I was looking at that case yesterday and the first thing I thought of was "Pendleton John." Guess we're on the same wavelength!
There has to be a connection! Not so in the deaths necessarily, but with that particular accessory. Most all of them look identical. Unless I’m missing something, I’ve not seen these around any other places but UID and searching Google to figure out what they were. :confused:

My personal opinion is that those who commit suicide wearing the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel (aka The Brown Scapular) feel they are commiting a sin by ending their life and want salvation. There is a whole 'Whosoever dies wearing this scapular shall not suffer eternal fire' story attached to it. If I remember correctly it has something to do with the Blessed Virgin Mary collecting souls from Hell on the Saturday(?) after they die.

I think anyone that wears a scapular is pretty religious. I see them as kind of the same thing as wearing a rosary bracelet, it's their to remind them not to sin and to keep spiritual matters at the forefront of their mind.

There's also an extremely high likelihood that the person wearing the brown scapular is Catholic. Once in a while a religious person of other denominations (esp. C of E) will wear the black one--I knew a Lutheran pastor, for instance. Yes, it's definitely a thing to remind them of their truth/vows/whatever. Not sure what it means in connection with unidentified people though.

And you'd think it would be something that would be mentioned about a missing person.

What do y’all think about these?...

UP12696

1996 Warren County (entered only to facilitate DNA processing and analysis, Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries)

This might be a baby. There was a “Baby Boy Doe” found in the garbage in Bowling Green on that date. It was thought to likely be stillborn, so it wasn’t beaten to death (“traumatic injuries”).

He was found after being in the garbage truck for a while. He could have come from any of the stops that particular truck made that day. That would mean he would be crushed or at the very
least damaged. Would they have considered something like that to be “injuries?”

Baby Boy Doe (5-6-1996)
Find-a-Grave

This might be a baby. There was a “Baby Boy Doe” found in the garbage in Bowling Green on that date. It was thought to likely be stillborn, so it wasn’t beaten to death (“traumatic injuries”).

He was found after being in the garbage truck for a while. He could have come from any of the stops that particular truck made that day. That would mean he would be crushed or at the very
least damaged. Would they have considered something like that to be “injuries?”

Baby Boy Doe (5-6-1996)
Find-a-Grave
Yes, this is the baby! Thank you for the link. I’ve added it to the spreadsheet. I think I may have found some articles on the discovery, but was confused about the “traumatic injuries”. You’re probably right, I hadn’t even considered they might have been postmortem injuries. Poor baby. :(

If this is indeed “Baby Boy Doe,” what do authorities hope to achieve with testing it? Almost sounds like they just want to play “mad scientist laboratory.”

Any trouble the mom could have gotten in is long past prosecutable. Since it was more than likely a stillborn, what would they have charged her with? Not reporting a birth? Abuse of a corpse? They should just let him Rest In Peace.

And the “entered only to facilitate DNA processing and analysis” sounds really weird to me. It sounds like it could just be a sperm sample from a rape victim or something like that. But it is that baby boy and not a mere sample. Again, they should just leave him be.

* I actually just now saw that “infant” was mentioned on NamUS. I’d totally overlooked that before. *

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back