Proposed Atlanta Bill Would Ban Baggy Pants

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Proposed Atlanta Bill Would Ban Baggy Pants

http://www.cbs46.com/news/13955560/detail.html

Baggy pants that show boxer shorts or thongs would be illegal under a proposed amendment to Atlanta's indecency laws.

The amendment, sponsored by Atlanta city councilman C.T. Martin, states that sagging pants are an "epidemic" that is becoming a "major concern" around the country.

Martin said he doesn't want young people thinking that being half-dressed is the way to go.
The proposal states that "the indecent exposure of his or her undergarments" would be unlawful in a public place. It would go in the same portion of the city code that outlaws sex in public.

Martin said the penalty would be a fine.

Yup, this will go over real well.
I'd like to put a ban on women that wear the wrong size bra. :eek: LOL!!!!
Kidding. Ok, I'd like to put a ban on men who wear their pants to high!

So the ban does have a little merit as I've seen some kids go around with their jeans at their waist but I think the ban also says that it would prohibit women's bra straps from showing, don't see them enforcing this very well. Women can't jog in a jog bra? It gets a little too much if you ask me.

Of course noone is.........LOL!!!

Oh, please. :rolleyes: One more piece of legislation that plays to the sentimental biases of voters.

While the country rots around us.

Well, if they don't pass the law banning the baggies, I think it should be allowed and encouraged that when you see the half dressed person, you help them finish the process down to the skivvies.

I would SO love to just pants every idiot I see wearing the baggy pants hanging off their adolescent *advertiser censored**es with their boxers showing. They can't run after you with their pants around their ankles.

I do believe it's a bit much for government to dictate wardrobe, however, schools should have the right to enforce a dress code.

Yup, this will go over real well.
I'd like to put a ban on women that wear the wrong size bra. :eek: LOL!!!!
Kidding. Ok, I'd like to put a ban on men who wear their pants to high!

So the ban does have a little merit as I've seen some kids go around with their jeans at their waist but I think the ban also says that it would prohibit women's bra straps from showing, don't see them enforcing this very well. Women can't jog in a jog bra? It gets a little too much if you ask me.

Of course noone is.........LOL!!!

Maybe they'll ban jock straps for male joggers. :eek::blushing::eek::blushing:

Well, if they don't pass the law banning the baggies, I think it should be allowed and encouraged that when you see the half dressed person, you help them finish the process down to the skivvies.

I would SO love to just pants every idiot I see wearing the baggy pants hanging off their adolescent *advertiser censored**es with their boxers showing. They can't run after you with their pants around their ankles.

I do believe it's a bit much for government to dictate wardrobe, however, schools should have the right to enforce a dress code.

Either that or yank them somebitches up to their armpits. :D

Seriously... that is so trashy looking. I tell my hubby all the time that I just want to walk up behind them and give them the wedgie from hell just for their stupidity in wearing their pants like that. Who cares what color boxers they have on??? :loser: :loser: :loser:

--lol--agree--"They can't run after you with their pants around their ankles"--that's certainly true--anyway, its an ugly way of dressing but its been going on a long time, not much the government can really do about it--

Either that or yank them somebitches up to their armpits. :D

Seriously... that is so trashy looking. I tell my hubby all the time that I just want to walk up behind them and give them the wedgie from hell just for their stupidity in wearing their pants like that. Who cares what color boxers they have on??? :loser: :loser: :loser:
--lol--wedgie from hell--it would be pretty easy to do

What's the penalty going to be if you're caught in pants with your hiney showing? You have to wear tightie-whities and the paper-sack waistband jeans from the 80's (the ones that rested just below our armpits)?

I don't like to see it either, but I think worrying about the clothes on some of these kids is so far down the line of priorities it's ridiculous to even talk about. Let's get them off the streets, let's get them out of gangs and abusive homes, let's get them interested in school and getting an education, let's come up with something that keeps them off drugs, stops underage drinking - when we've got all that done, then we'll worry about their pants and their undies!!!

If they ban those they need to ban the thongs purposely sticking out of the low rise pants or better yet no panties like the lady at home depot the other day, I asked if her if that was her pencil holder :D These laws are getting so stupid.

My mom found a way to stop my cousin from wearing them :cool: we were at a family reunion and she told him in front of his new girlfriend how he needed to go to the bathroom as it looked like he had taken a dump in his pants, his girlfriend laughed so hard. He hasn't worn them to a family event for two years.

Wow, Atlanta must be the perfect place to be if this councilman is spending time and effort to police what people wear.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. I hate it when governments do idiotic stuff like this. I once had to write stories about the city deciding on a dress code for taxi drivers. Apparently some ladies were too scared to get into the cab based on what the driver was wearing. The offending garment? Cutoff denim shorts!! Egads!!

Ahh, the whale tale and the coin slot.

That's what happens when the fashion industry won't make a damn pair of jeans that don't ride down on my hips.

It's very frustrating and I've been in violation of the whale tale, but only at home. I buy very long tank tops so that they cover way down the backside. If I bend down I don't expose the "pencil holder" or what I call the coin slot. If I see a girl I know exposed, I drop a dime down there.

I thought about tatooing "slide card here" near my you-know-what. Perhaps with a secretly installed scanner I could get some good credit card info?

Ahh, the whale tale and the coin slot.

That's what happens when the fashion industry won't make a damn pair of jeans that don't ride down on my hips.

It's very frustrating and I've been in violation of the whale tale, but only at home. I buy very long tank tops so that they cover way down the backside. If I bend down I don't expose the "pencil holder" or what I call the coin slot. If I see a girl I know exposed, I drop a dime down there.

I thought about tatooing "slide card here" near my you-know-what. Perhaps with a secretly installed scanner I could get some good credit card info?

You've really been thinking about this alot..HMMMMMMM:waitasec:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the low rise jeans. Everytime I bend over and give the family a peek (they're thrilled), someone always yells "CRACK ATTACK!!!"

I say ban um. I am so freakin tired of going to the mall and seeing some young punk with his jeans hanging off his hips with his azz stickin out. Parents should have a little more control of the clothes their teens buy and wear.
What is the point of that stoopid trend anyway????

I had a kid come into my office the other day and as he was leaving...I said, "And pull your pants up!!!". He immediately pulled them up and gave me a grin.

While it is tacky...I don't believe it is against the law.

So now the government is going to become the "Fashion Police"?! LMAO I can see the lawyers circling from above now.

I would say they need to look at the people passing such a law...and anyone who has exceeded their BMI index limit or has no neck should be banned from wearing suits! I am frankly offended by men wearing shirts and ties when they obviously need a neck to wear them. : ) (Maybe their heads have been shoved up their @zzes for far too long.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back