Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with LWOP. KC in general population in prison for the rest of her life. Much harder than being protected and nice and safe in prison on death row. Justice served.

I think the DP should be reserved for the worst of the worst. In comparison with other monsters out there who have killed multiple people, I just don't think Casey is the worst so I'm okay with no DP.

Now that CA and GA KNOW they won't be "losing" Casey forever (to a needle in her arm) do you think they may be a bit eager to try and push her to admit where she put Caylee? Or do you think they'll hold out to see if she can be acquitted before they put the screws to her. I just can't imagine CA being "okay" long-term with Caylee being in a landfill or at the bottom of a lake.

I hope so. But on the face of it - I'm dissapointed!

How much money will it cost to keep her sorry butt in the prison system? And you just know she'll get out in 20 years max. :(

She'll still be young enough to breed!

Unless she gets life without parole. Without parole means "no exiting jail for Miss KC"

DAMN!!! (oooh am I allowed to say that?)

I was hoping she'd fry. She deserves it. It's one thing to have your baby die in an accident, even if it's your own stupid fault, but we all know she killed her and she covered it up and she continues to lie about it. For that, she should fry.

Gee, I'm such a kind, forgiving person, aren't I???

:furious:

I'm confused here- the DP is usually decided during the penalty phase of the trial- so does this mean they cant even enter the DP into the penalty phase now- they can only go to life or less- am I on the right track?

That's okay, she'll live a long miserable life in prison, always checking her back. KC will have no peace in this world.

I hate to admit it, but the thought of her spending life behind bars brings me a little bit of peace. I do think she deserves the death penalty, but I guess we don't know all of the facts in the case.

I think she will adjust just fine to prison, I don't think it's any punishment for her at all - there are always correctional officers to seduce.

And several "Big Momma's" going after her, fighting over her and protecting her, if you know what I mean. :eek::eek:

I wonder if CA is fuming since both A's admitted they didn't like JB. Now before trial, he practically announces SHE'S GUILTY !!
P.S. One prayer answered, JB is first chair. :woohoo:
The other DP qualified attorney probably doesn't want to touch this with a 10 ft. pole as others have experienced the A's nightmarish ways.

Keep in mind, this could change. However, from a legal point of view, there is not enough evidence yet to go for DP. There is no body, no proof of cause of death. That is why no DP. If this status changes, so can this choice. It is not going to trial in December, that is just pre-trial. Lots can change.

Thank you so much for posting this! I was angry when I read that the DP was not on the table. This still gives me hope for justice! :blowkiss:

I used to work in the city court system in St. Louis and a girl I worked with had followed a case years earlier. She kept track of the criminal and every time he was due to come up for parole - she wrote letters to keep him in prison. Don't know exactly how it's done, but after the trial and she's convicted and sent away we could find out and make it our campaign for Caylee to protest every time she came up for possible parole - just a thought

I know, right! Just look at her "happy a$$" (as KC would say) on the jail videos ... for a narcissist to be happy all they need is attention ... she will have plenty of that in prison!

She might not like what kind of attention, but maybe she will. Yuck.

Your baby's picture is cute. :) It makes me wish for a second that I had another little one around here, but I think my husband would strangle me. He says four is more than enough.

When 911 happened and the victims' bodies were tragically unrecoverable, people sifted through the rubble and DNA from the smallest body part/fragment/etc. was enough to identify victims and even "lay them to rest." It was all they had, all that was left of their bodies. It was proof that these beloved family members existed and now were deceased. It was healing to family members.

If because of the mother's horrible crime, all that is recoverable of Caylee was one tiny little hair, with a "death ring", isn't that part of her body? (And recovering that hair was a miracle itself due to the family's cleaning of the car as well as identifying the hair due to obstruction on the part of turning over the correct hairbrush.)

Does this not constitute where there was life is now dead? Isn't a part of the body, albeit miniscule, prove a body?

Yes, PattiMarie, it constitutes that there is a life that is now dead. However, in the Courtroom, there is still no proof of WHOM killed the child, nor HOW. These are very different. The perp will most likely, if going for a jury trial, get life in prison, however, in the US there are many things that must proven BEYOND A DOUBT, before the prosecutor may ask for DP. As I stated before, DP can still be put on the table, just this moment there is not enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt. With 911 we knew whom did what, we had way too much photography, way too much flight info, way too much of everything. Here, we need more for a Death Penalty case. It can still become one.

Thank you so much for posting this! I was angry when I read that the DP was not on the table. This still gives me hope for justice! :blowkiss:

No problem. Hope enough information and hopefully more is found before the acual trial next year. While I am personally against the Death Penalty, (only duncan made me question, and then I came to peace with the fact that it would make no difference anyway, but that is me), I do understand all of you wanting it. I just try to provide bits that I understand about it.

Per K. Belich on Channel 9 and Channel 9's legal analyst, taking the DP off the table makes it easier for the jury to make a guilty plea based on cercumstantial evidence. HOWEVER, if Caylee is found before KC goes to trial, the DA can go back and add the DP request.

Don't have a link, but just watched it on the local Channel 9 news.

I fine with life without parole----Murder 1 conviction....she doesn't like jail (or at least didn't--sure it hasn't changed....)

jmo

Thats right she doesn't like the food and she says she looks terrible (poor baby)

Yes, PattiMarie, it constitutes that there is a life that is now dead. However, in the Courtroom, there is still no proof of WHOM killed the child, nor HOW. These are very different. The perp will most likely, if going for a jury trial, get life in prison, however, in the US there are many things that must proven BEYOND A DOUBT, before the prosecutor may ask for DP. As I stated before, DP can still be put on the table, just this moment there is not enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt. With 911 we knew whom did what, we had way too much photography, way too much flight info, way too much of everything. Here, we need more for a Death Penalty case. It can still become one. Just hang in there.

Thanks...hanging in there lol! My point was not about the who and what of 911...my point was that they were able to identify the 911 victims using the smallest of body sample and that was acceptable and reasonable and proof of death and therefore previous existance.

Get the barf buckets ready, the Anthonys will be making a statement
according to their MySpace.

DAMN!!! (oooh am I allowed to say that?)

I was hoping she'd fry. She deserves it. It's one thing to have your baby die in an accident, even if it's your own stupid fault, but we all know she killed her and she covered it up and she continues to lie about it. For that, she should fry.

Gee, I'm such a kind, forgiving person, aren't I???

:furious:

I am just as nice as you mermaid :). Could you imagine the fear she would have if that were her sentence.? Oh well, I am sure she isn't gonna be too thrilled when she hears "life without parole".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts