Public Record

Discussion in 'Missing Archives' started by Boomgirl72, May 16, 2006.

  1. Boomgirl72

    Boomgirl72 Former Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I live in California and am trying to get into 2 cold case files on missing children from the 60's. Cops in charge are jerking me around with what I can and can't have. In other words, they are not wanting me to get into it. Does anyone know what my rights are/where I can find out what I legally have access to or not?

  2. Loading...

  3. itsreenw

    itsreenw Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I don't think you are entitled to case info unless you are the family of the victim and even then the info they give is limited. That was my experience from a case I was researching from the early 70's in Torrance, CA. I was lucky enough to get in touch with a great detective who was willing discuss the case but there wasnt much info anyway.

    What agencies are handling the cases?

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice